Resort Change by Disney

Anyone with a 5th sleeper moderate get through and get moved yet? We have 5 so I am assuming probably FT wilderness cabin but just curious what others are getting?

Was on hold for 1:48 and got the first answer. I just said I am booked for CBR in july and I was told it wouldn't be open. Said I was just calling to see what they plan to do with us and he said if you plan to keep your reservation I would need to be transfered to a special team. So here I am on hold again.

I waited on hold for almost 2 hours - was then sent to the Wholesale department, who told me that UT is supposed to make the changes. They also indicated it should be a no charge move.
Called UT who said they are waiting on guidance from Disney as to how to handle it and that they would contact us.
They are not always the fastest at communication though, so i plan to follow up regularly until i get a definitive answer.
Thanks, I appreciate the response! At least now I know I don't have to spend the rest of the day on hold with Disney!

After over 200 attempted calls I got through. When I told the voice prompt I was needing help with my "reservation" it confirmed that I wanted help with "recreation". I decided to hang tight just in case the CM could assist. An hour and a half later, the recreation CM couldn't do anything for me and said that she couldn't transfer me because "IT disabled out ability to transfer due to high call volumes" and that even if she tried, I'd get disconnected and have to call back. So....150 attempted calls later, I'm back in queue for "reservations". Ugh...

Ok, absolutely nothing to do with resorts!
Once I got in, no problems booking August park reservations, but I could not book a November park day for DD and I (we are splitting our military Salute ticket between two trips, Aug and Nov) and I was able to finally get in the backdoor way with ADRs and wouldyaknowit it finally let me book a MK day for November. Seemed to be easy availability if anyone's worried they didn't get in for the fall.

Maybe there's hope for resorts now too? :)
Pixie dust to all! And May the Force Be With You in making modifications!

Ugh, yea I was kind of worried about the FW cabins. I know very little about them, but if I'm spending the amount that a Disney vacation costs, I just don't want to do a "camping" style vacation. That's a big step down from what I'd expect at AoA-- first world problems I know.

I don't think it would hurt to bring up the 2 bathroom situation and that a cabin isn't truly comparable. I know you're supposed to get what they offer but I don't think it would hurt to mention it. What's the worst they are going to say? No?

Just was given my switch for the first part of our stay. No increase in price. Was moved from Poly to CR Tower Bay Lake View room. My husband super excited about that. CR is his favorite due to childhood memories, but not mine and the kids favorite so we have never stayed there. The CM is still working on our second part YC. Most likely going to be CR again, but she mentioned Copper Creek and I said that would be fine if no Epcot Resorts. She has been trying to find some with a similar price and can't over there (Epcot Resorts). WL Resort is actually one of our other favorites just don't go there anymore bc family of 5 requires rooms that cost more than Poly.

Sidenote- can anyone access their plans on MDE? Havent been able to for two hours, just get the castle thing

I can get in on the website and even have the option to Change my Reservation...
When that page loads, everything says call to modify.

Just was given my switch for the first part of our stay. No increase in price. Was moved from Poly to CR Tower Bay Lake View room. My husband super excited about that. CR is his favorite due to childhood memories, but not mine and the kids favorite so we have never stayed there. The CM is still working on our second part YC. Most likely going to be CR again, but she mentioned Copper Creek and I said that would be fine if no Epcot Resorts. She has been trying to find some with a similar price and can't over there (Epcot Resorts). WL Resort is actually one of our other favorites just don't go there anymore bc family of 5 requires rooms that cost more than Poly.
Thanks for info - how long did you have to hold?

I got through after 4.5 hours to guest services. guest services wanted to offer me pop century to downgrade from Caribbean beach and noted i would get a partial refund for price difference. I explained i did not care where i go but would prefer not to move down in a category and did not think it would be fair to have to pay more since disney is not opening another moderate.

Cast member just moved me from caribbean beach to the contemporary resort with no charge (after checking with her boss and putting me on hold for a bit).

Remember to be nice to all cast members today even though we're all very frustrated....worked out well for me! Hang in there everyone!

I've been on hold with no CM at all yet for 5 hours, 18 minutes. Constant music and I used phone number ending in 6104. Should I try another number or is this the norm?

Over 4 hours... the CM took my cell number and is going to call me back when she finalizes our second stay so I wouldn't have to be on hold again. My phone says my total call time was 278 min 41 secs. That includes getting through and speaking with CM.
Thanks again :-)

I've been on hold with no CM at all yet for 5 hours, 18 minutes. Constant music and I used phone number ending in 6104. Should I try another number or is this the norm?
I just called the 407-934-7639 number over and over and over. Once the call went through and I went through the automated questions and answers, I talked to a CM without a wait at all. Now I am at 1 hour 43 minutes waiting for guest services.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter