• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Resort Change by Disney

Has anyone been able to reschedule for Jambo House DVC in July? Disney's site says it opens July 10, however TA is telling me it's not available July 11-18.

I'm honestly thinkijg of just paying the extra 100 or whatever for a CBR room.... dont wanna risk getting kicked off the call if they have to transfer me to guest services and redoing all of this!

I had a reservation at ASSP for Aug 16-26. I was on hold for two hours, spoke with reservation CM who first tried to upcharge me to POP. I asked to speak to Guest Services. While we were waiting she read her email which indicated that if your resort will not be open, your original price will be “rate protected.” Guest services moved me to Pop for the same price.:). (Four hours total on the phone) 😳

I had a reservation at ASSP for Aug 16-26. I was on hold for two hours, spoke with reservation CM who first tried to upcharge me to POP. I asked to speak to Guest Services. While we were waiting she read her email which indicated that if your resort will not be open, your original price will be “rate protected.” Guest services moved me to Pop for the same price.:). (Four hours total on the phone) 😳

hmmmmmm is this for any switch?????

Got through to a CM at about 3:15 and am now waiting for her to transfer me to GS. I am so hoping I don't get disconnected.

ETA: she just came back on and said "we're still on hold". Is she waiting with me? That could explain why it is taking so long to get through initially. If every cast member did that, it would slow things way down.

I just speed-read thru about the last 5 pages of this this thread. Does anyone know when THIS (below) was posted live on the Diz site? Last night? This morning? What?

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/experience-updates/resorts/

Re-opening dates:

July 10Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas - Jambo House, Disney's Pop Century Resort, Disney's Contemporary Resort
July 29Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort
August 12Disney's Polynesian Village Resort and Disney's Art of Animation Resort
August 24Disney's Yacht & Beach Club Resorts
September 21Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
October 1Disney's BoardWalk Resort
October 14Disney's Coronado Springs Resort
Yesterday. It first appeared on the Hub (CM intranet) and was removed yesterday morning. It was then removed and added to the TA site yesterday afternoon. Then it was posted to the official site yesterday evening.

WOW! Maybe I can work them into letting me stay at the Poly for the POR price then :rolleyes1

That would be some serious pixie dust :)!! With these moves, the guest typically doesn't get to choose which resort they are moved to though. If another moderate resort is available, that's where you will likely be moved to. If not, then I guess the sky's the limit!!

Has anyone heard of any moves from AoA? It's a value, but we're in a suite. I'm extremely hopeful that we will get something comparable with a separate sleeping space.

Is anyone else getting complete silence on hold? I heard half a song and a reminder message for about 5 minutes, then total silence. I just reached 1 hour on hold.

That would be some serious pixie dust :)!! With these moves, the guest typically doesn't get to choose which resort they are moved to though. If another moderate resort is available, that's where you will likely be moved to. If not, then I guess the sky's the limit!!

Seriously! I'll be happy as a clam if they switch me to CB. I keep complaining to myself but then I realize I'm lucky I even get to go!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter