Resort Change by Disney

I got through after 4.5 hours to guest services. guest services wanted to offer me pop century to downgrade from Caribbean beach and noted i would get a partial refund for price difference. I explained i did not care where i go but would prefer not to move down in a category and did not think it would be fair to have to pay more since disney is not opening another moderate.

Cast member just moved me from caribbean beach to the contemporary resort with no charge (after checking with her boss and putting me on hold for a bit).

Remember to be nice to all cast members today even though we're all very frustrated....worked out well for me! Hang in there everyone!
That’s awesome congrats.

2nd request... about when did this (below) go live? (assuming this is what everyone in this thread is talking about)

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/experience-updates/resorts/

Re-opening dates:

July 10Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas - Jambo House, Disney's Pop Century Resort, Disney's Contemporary Resort
July 29Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort
August 12Disney's Polynesian Village Resort and Disney's Art of Animation Resort
August 24Disney's Yacht & Beach Club Resorts
September 21Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
October 1Disney's BoardWalk Resort
October 14Disney's Coronado Springs Resort

Any idea if you booked through 3rd party, say hotels.com, travelocity, expedia, etc. and the reservation is linked in MDE, do you contact Disney to be moved? Our resort will be closed

Insisted I wasn't changing anything about my reservation-- being transferred to guest services. They did say about a 2 hour wait but that there is a new crew coming in at 3pm so it might be less.

2nd request... about when did this (below) go live? (assuming this is what everyone in this thread is talking about)

Re-opening dates:

July 10Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas - Jambo House, Disney's Pop Century Resort, Disney's Contemporary Resort
August 12Disney's Polynesian Village Resort and Disney's Art of Animation Resort
It was leaked yesterday morning and announced by Disney last night as far a I can tell.

Re-opening dates:

My days are really all blurring together but I believe it was yesterday that this went up on the hub in the AM, then was taken down, then went up on the TA site in the afternoon, then early evening actually went on the official WDW site.

Re-opening dates:

I remember seeing it on the Rumors and News thread a few days ago... I think

What number are you guys getting through on? I've been trying a few and just get a busy signal...argh. Between this morning with the crazy park reservations (finally got some) and this craziness...I'm exhausted... this is a full time job lol.

Re-opening dates:

This was answered already . Yesterday evening it appeared on the Disney website, but there were screenshots of it from the CM Hub yesterday morning.

Thank you so much to all that suggested how to phrase when a CM answered.

I said something like "I'm still planning to come to WDW for my mid-August reservation but I just found out my resort will be closed."

A very nice CM said we'd probably have to go to Guest Services but she wanted to check a few things, which she did, then she verified my info and said she'd get me to Guest Services to see what they can do for me.

On hold now.

And the music is back. I lost it about 15 minutes into the call which is now at 1:31...so not bad at all this go around timewise!

I'm at 1.5 hours on hold after my original disconnect (2 hours+ on hold). Hoping to get this squared away today.
Just spoke to a CM. Was asked if I wanted to change dates, etc... and when I said I just wanted to know I had a resort to go to, I was transferred to guest services. CM told me about 45 minutes for the wait.

I was wondering if you were still on hold. I'm over 4 1/2 hrs on the phone and closing in on 1 1/2 hrs waiting for Guest Services.

Yep, waiting still. Sometimes I think they have forgotten about me. And the CM that I first spoke with hasn't come back on with any updates. Just praying I get through soon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter