Resort Change by Disney

I got through after 4.5 hours to guest services. guest services wanted to offer me pop century to downgrade from Caribbean beach and noted i would get a partial refund for price difference. I explained i did not care where i go but would prefer not to move down in a category and did not think it would be fair to have to pay more since disney is not opening another moderate.

Cast member just moved me from caribbean beach to the contemporary resort with no charge (after checking with her boss and putting me on hold for a bit).

Remember to be nice to all cast members today even though we're all very frustrated....worked out well for me! Hang in there everyone!

This is awesome!!!! A great upgrade

I just called the 407-934-7639 number over and over and over. Once the call went through and I went through the automated questions and answers, I talked to a CM without a wait at all. Now I am at 1 hour 43 minutes waiting for guest services.
OK I have 'hang-up button phobia' now, but I think I will switch over. Thank you!

I got through after 4.5 hours to guest services. guest services wanted to offer me pop century to downgrade from Caribbean beach and noted i would get a partial refund for price difference. I explained i did not care where i go but would prefer not to move down in a category and did not think it would be fair to have to pay more since disney is not opening another moderate.

Cast member just moved me from caribbean beach to the contemporary resort with no charge (after checking with her boss and putting me on hold for a bit).

Remember to be nice to all cast members today even though we're all very frustrated....worked out well for me! Hang in there everyone!

Congrats! Do you mind sharing your dates?

Just got a CM - she asked if I planned to change anything, specifically dates, tickets, or guests. When I told her no, she said she would transfer me to special team (I believe that was the phrase she used) and they would be able to move me to an open resort with no increase in price. I will post follow-up (which could be a long time from what others have experienced!)

Wrap up of my day...356 attempts get through. After 5 hours - on hold - another 2 hours! Finally got to a CM.
I was attempting to add park tickets to my July 2021 reservation (I know you can't do that till Wen 24th) however, after 7 hours, I was talking to someone regardless. Asked as many questions as i could think of. If you have room only reservations for 2021, you will "Modify" them to a vacation package, this is important. They treat this like an already existing vacation package and you can just add park tickets instead of re-booking the whole vacation. I was also told that you can still add park hopper and park hopper plus (they are currently non usable, as Disney is not allowing you to park-hop and the water parks are not open) - She stated that they will be bringing these back online and its better to have them already in your reservations (you can always down grade to one day passes if the time rolls around and they haven't been reinstated). I also asked if it was pertinent to make my one day park reservations with the new system now - seeing how I am over a year out. She was very emphatic that I make them as soon as possible, which surprised me. She said it was better to be safe and get 1 park per day locked in...just in case the park hopping is not back up by my trip. The magicband system will still be used, however, come Jan 2021, you will no longer get a complimentary one with your stay. They are moving alot of the magicband features to MDE and allowing you to use your phone and the MDE app instead of the magicband. I for one will still be using my Magicband (my cell gets depleted way too fast) and My family has 20 or so that are still active. I hope this helps someone - I will be going through this all again on Wen the 24th and i will let everyone know how the transition from room only to vacation package goes.

Has anyone been able to move their summer 2020 stay with the 35% room discount (from cancelled free dining) to a 2021 stay? Or is that not happening until the 28th? I saw that people were able to keep the discount if they moved to different dates in 2020, but I'm really hoping that once 2021 opens up I'll be able to keep the room discount for a 2021 booking.

Has anyone who has booked a resort with a TA been able to make a change on their own, I tried earlier and was told the TA needs to call in.

Can I just say: opening the park reservation system AND announcing that some resorts will still be closed for the fall AND opening modifications folks who are at these closed resorts as well as anybody who wants to change anything with their 2020 trip ALL IN ONE DAY?? Disney, you know I love you, but this was not well thought out lol.

Has anyone who has booked a resort with a TA been able to make a change on their own, I tried earlier and was told the TA needs to call in.

No your TA needs to do it. We TAs were aware in advance that all of this was happening today, so your TA should be able to take care of whatever you need to change today. Except maybe ticket modifications. Those have been a bit inconsistent today (I was able to get a couple of ticket modifications but I guess those weren't supposed to happen until later in the week), so YMMV.

Just talked to a CM. He's transferring me to guest services, said no charge regardless of if its a better resort! All I said when he answered was my resort is gonna be closed during my stay and I'm not sure whats going to happen with it

This gives me hope. I think you got through a few minutes before I did.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter