Resort Change by Disney

ETA: she just came back on and said "we're still on hold". Is she waiting with me? That could explain why it is taking so long to get through initially. If every cast member did that, it would slow things way down.
My CM is saying the same thing. She has checked in with me a few times to be sure I am still here. I was wondering about the slow down myself.

Got through to a CM at about 3:15 and am now waiting for her to transfer me to GS. I am so hoping I don't get disconnected.

ETA: she just came back on and said "we're still on hold". Is she waiting with me? That could explain why it is taking so long to get through initially. If every cast member did that, it would slow things way down.

I'm pretty sure they are waiting with us. My CM came back on earlier and said "we got disconnected so we will have to enter the queue again" and "I'll be back when they pick up." I was shocked. Currently on hold for 2 hours waiting for Guest Services.

Has anyone heard of any moves from AoA? It's a value, but we're in a suite. I'm extremely hopeful that we will get something comparable with a separate sleeping space.

I'm going to guess they would offer you a Fort Wilderness cabin. If that were the case I'd point out that you'd be going from 2 bathrooms to one and they might be able to do something to figure that out. Might offer 2 rooms at POP (or something even better). Please report back.

Is anyone else getting complete silence on hold? I heard half a song and a reminder message for about 5 minutes, then total silence. I just reached 1 hour on hold.

Mine went silent for the longest time and then the music came back and has been back ever since.

I’m getting the all circuits busy recording too. After a few stressful hours this morning I was happy to be able to get my park reservations! Now just have to get my park hoppers removed and check on our room since we have a regular room booked and only DVC rooms are open for our stay. I have never had this much stress when planning a Disney vacation before, will definitely be cracking open a bottle of wine today 😜

Is anyone else getting complete silence on hold? I heard half a song and a reminder message for about 5 minutes, then total silence. I just reached 1 hour on hold.
Yes I was on silence for over an hour and a half after being transferred. I was afraid to hang up, but worried I was also disconnected. But finally got through and no music returned when the CM picked up.

It has been 1 1/2 hours since I was transferred to guest services. Still waiting. Have no idea if the first CM is waiting with me or not. He hasn't come back on and said anything.

I’m getting the all circuits busy recording too. After a few stressful hours this morning I was happy to be able to get my park reservations! Now just have to get my park hoppers removed and check on our room since we have a regular room booked and only DVC rooms are open for our stay. I have never had this much stress when planning a Disney vacation before, will definitely be cracking open a bottle of wine today 😜
Wine? I’ve got scotch and will count down the hours until happy hour.

geeze back to the beginning of the music loop.

I'm pretty sure they are waiting with us. My CM came back on earlier and said "we got disconnected so we will have to enter the queue again" and "I'll be back when they pick up." I was shocked. Currently on hold for 2 hours waiting for Guest Services.

I'm going to guess they would offer you a Fort Wilderness cabin. If that were the case I'd point out that you'd be going from 2 bathrooms to one and they might be able to do something to figure that out. Might offer 2 rooms at POP (or something even better). Please report back.

Mine went silent for the longest time and then the music came back and has been back ever since.

Ugh, yea I was kind of worried about the FW cabins. I know very little about them, but if I'm spending the amount that a Disney vacation costs, I just don't want to do a "camping" style vacation. That's a big step down from what I'd expect at AoA-- first world problems I know.

Hi. I never post here, but I thought I should because this place has been so helpful over the last 24 hours and I should pay it back and give info to others. Took about 50 calls to get through, and when I did it was the 407-934-7639 number. I was on hold for about 2 hours. Music never cut out. I had already done the park reservations.

Dates: August 16-22
Original Reservation: Grand Floridian Club Level Outer Building

The GF being closed those dates was an issue. My wife wants monorail resort only for a variety of reasons (who knows if it will be running). We had some choices between Contemporary and the Polynesian, but no club level available (but that could be because there is no club level at the reopening). We always stay GF, and always wanted to maybe try Poly, so I grabbed Poly with a theme park view. There was a price increase of like $100. I got to keep my bounce back discount, and the woman was very friendly. It is already showing up on MDE.

The options were not plentiful for my room choices. Theme park view only at Contemporary and theme park and lagoon view only at Poly.

Anyway, I still might cancel if things blow up, but I am happy to have my resort changed. So yay!

I have a couple of nights booked at All Star Sports in November. I booked through Undercover Tourist. Should I be calling Disney about this, or do I need to contact UT?
I waited on hold for almost 2 hours - was then sent to the Wholesale department, who told me that UT is supposed to make the changes. They also indicated it should be a no charge move.
Called UT who said they are waiting on guidance from Disney as to how to handle it and that they would contact us.
They are not always the fastest at communication though, so i plan to follow up regularly until i get a definitive answer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter