Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

Update - so I don’t have a list status but do have a companion pass for my DH. I used the app and as soon as it was T-24 I checked him in first then me. He got B 04 and I got B 03 (even tho I checked in after him). After reading that a list won’t cover CP I’m not that sure I’m going to try so hard to get it. But if anyone hears of that changing please post here!!!
Read post #8,654 from @TNKim.
A-List+Companion pass check-in

I have A-List for the first time through 6/30 thanks to the recent promo offer. My reservations were made in January, before the A-List promo Came out. I just checked in for our flight tomorrow - right at 24 hrs. I checked in my companion first, and she was assigned A24. I then checked in my my confirmation number which has 3 passengers. We were assigned A23, A25 & A26. So the companion and our numbers are all together. Very pleased, to say the least, with this promo offer, and thrilled to have it for our return flight!

looks like I’m kicking myself even more for paying with points this trip! I guess I need to read more carefully!!! Lol

If you have a Rapid Rewards account, log in to see if you qualify for three new targeted promotions released today. Only one of the three offers may be selected.

3X Rapid Rewards® bonus points
Earn 3X Rapid Rewards® bonus points on your qualifying flight when you register, then book, and fly at least one one-way flight by July 31, 2021.​

10,000 Companion Pass® qualifying points
Earn 10,000 Companion Pass qualifying points* when you register, then book, and fly at least one one-way flight by July 31, 2021.​
10,000 tier qualifying points
Earn 10,000 tier qualifying points* (TQPs) toward A-List status when you register, then book, and fly at least one one-way flight by July 31, 2021.​

The promotions only are valid for the RR member who received the offers.

Just ran into a situation that I’m not sure of. Looking for feedback.

So I booked a trip last night (got hooked by that new promo) for mid June. I decided to book a business select fare for the first time. It was late & I was tired, should have waited til this morning. In trying to minimize costs, I decided to use a gift card I had. Almost as soon as I finalized it & got my confirmation, I realized I should have used my SW credit card that has a 6x points promo too. So I cancelled & rebooked, figuring I am within the 24 hour mandated refund period & I purchased a refundable fare. Except I got travel funds instead of a refund! I called SW a bit ago, the agent had to reach out to her help desk. Apparently they have no way to refund a gift card!! No warning on the website when I booked that I would NOT get a refund on a refundable fare. UGH!!! She suggested I reach out to customer service on the website & see what they say.

Anyone else who has run into this have any suggestions?? And if not....everyone else be warned.... apparently using a gift card nullifies your federally mandated right to a refund & SW’s own refund policy! :headache::headache:

Last edited:
I'm still getting the same message that they don't have a date for the next schedule extension.

Interesting, I don't ever (or rarely) use that tooltip to check on the schedule extension. I see that message too:

I use these two pages as the source of their schedule extension plans. Both of these say June 10:
https://www.southwest.com/air/flight-schedules/index.html
https://www.southwest.com/html/travel-tools/index.html

I suspect someone forgot or didn't work on the update to the Book a Flight page. :-)

If you have a Rapid Rewards account, log in to see if you qualify for three new targeted promotions released today. Only one of the three offers may be selected.

Earn 3X Rapid Rewards® bonus points on your qualifying flight when you register, then book, and fly at least one one-way flight by July 31, 2021.​
Earn 10,000 Companion Pass qualifying points* when you register, then book, and fly at least one one-way flight by July 31, 2021.​
Earn 10,000 tier qualifying points* (TQPs) toward A-List status when you register, then book, and fly at least one one-way flight by July 31, 2021.​

I don’t see any of these under my special offers on the app. Is there anywhere else I should look or am I just out of luck?

I don’t see any of these under my special offers on the app. Is there anywhere else I should look or am I just out of luck?
I am finding that for the most part, those who received the offer for comped A-List thru 06.30.2021 did not receive the newest promotion of this week. If you do not see it on the My Account page on the full site, under My promotions, you were not offered this promotion.

However, there is always the chance that you may receive the offer in the future, while the promotion is still active; so, I would just keep looking every once in a while.

ETA- Here is a link to check for promotions on your account:

Southwest My promotions

Last edited:

Which of these different options would you choose, and why?

Which of these different options would you choose, and why?

I’d choose the a list one fir me because I already earned CP but am having difficulty earning points for a list. The only ways I can do that is by purchasing tickets with $$ right? AndI’d use my priority card to maybe get more points? I don’t even know how that works exactly

I’d choose the a list one fir me because I already earned CP but am having difficulty earning points for a list. The only ways I can do that is by purchasing tickets with $$ right? AndI’d use my priority card to maybe get more points? I don’t even know how that works exactly
To get TQP towards A-List status by using your Southwest/Chase credit card:

You receive 1,500 TQPs for every $10,000 in purchases on your Rapid Rewards Premier Credit Card, Rapid Rewards Premier Business Credit Card, Rapid Rewards Priority Credit Card, or Rewards Performance Business Credit Card. Please remember, the maximum amount of TQPs you can receive from the Premier or Priority card is 15,000 ($100,000 in purchases) per year.

“You receive 1,500 TQPs for every $10,000 in purchases on your Rapid Rewards Premier Credit Card, Rapid Rewards Premier Business Credit Card, Rapid Rewards Priority Credit Card, or Rewards Performance Business Credit Card. Please remember, the maximum amount of TQPs you can receive from the Premier or Priority card is 15,000 ($100,000 in purchases) per year.”

So how do you earn the additional points needed? Or do you just have to have several SW cards to earn points on each separately to add up to the 35k necessary? I guess I should focus on reaching the flight numbers to qualify?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter