• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

Is the change banner still allowing you to change your flight without paying additional? And if so, if you change to a less expensive flight do you still get the refunded points (when paying with points)?

No if you change your flight at no charge with the red banner you will not receive any refund.

Yes, you will be refunded points if you change to a less expensive flight. I have done this through the no charge banner a few times and have always had points refunded.

Yes, you will be refunded points if you change to a less expensive flight. I have done this through the no charge banner a few times and have always had points refunded.

Sometimes, it will not be evident that there will be a refund, until the very end of the change process. The last time I did this, there was a message to the effect of "Good news... xxxx points will be refunded to your Rapid Rewards account." The screen displaying flights that are eligible for change may just show "Available" next to each flight, and not the actual savings available.

Has anyone had any luck getting SW to extend travel credits? We have about $60 per person from our March trip that expires in October. I need to book Dec flights, and until recently, I had no idea that they expired 1 yr from booking the original flight. The credits are from changing to cheaper flights.

Has anyone had any luck getting SW to extend travel credits? We have about $60 per person from our March trip that expires in October. I need to book Dec flights, and until recently, I had no idea that they expired 1 yr from booking the original flight. The credits are from changing to cheaper flights.
They will not extend. If you had a credit greater than $100, they have been known to offer a one-time accommodation, for a six-month period of time, once the original credit expires. There is a $100 fee for each extended credit. The accommodation is done on a case-by-case basis. Unfortunately, this would not be helpful in your situation.

You were lucky I changed a flight and paid extra points the first week of April and that evening I got an email about the flight with link to change with the red banner I ended up with exact flight I had originally and got no points back.

Sometimes, it will not be evident that there will be a refund, until the very end of the change process. The last time I did this, there was a message to the effect of "Good news... xxxx points will be refunded to your Rapid Rewards account." The screen displaying flights that are eligible for change may just show "Available" next to each flight, and not the actual savings available.

You are correct. Under the change banner it usually only shows "available" for flights you can change to, rather than fares. If you know before changing that the fare has gone down, you can expect a refund of points at the end, like you mentioned above.

You were lucky I changed a flight and paid extra points the first week of April and that evening I got an email about the flight with link to change with the red banner I ended up with exact flight I had originally and got no points back.

That's strange. If your original flight was still cheaper when you made the change, you should have gotten a refund in points.

You are correct. Under the change banner it usually only shows "available" for flights you can change to, rather than fares. If you know before changing that the fare has gone down, you can expect a refund of points at the end, like you mentioned above.

That's strange. If your original flight was still cheaper when you made the change, you should have gotten a refund in points.

Yes I certainly should have but didn’t.

I received and registered for the A-List Promo offer thru 6/30. I'm supposed to check in for my flight tomorrow at 4:00. Since I have A-List showing on my account, I understand I don't have to actually check in at 24 hours to get a boarding group. I'm just wondering when you have A-List, is it possible to see what your boarding # is before the 24 hour regular check-in since it is assigned before the regular check-in time? Or should I just log on at 24 hours to see our boarding #?

I received and registered for the A-List Promo offer thru 6/30. I'm supposed to check in for my flight tomorrow at 4:00. Since I have A-List showing on my account, I understand I don't have to actually check in at 24 hours to get a boarding group. I'm just wondering when you have A-List, is it possible to see what your boarding # is before the 24 hour regular check-in since it is assigned before the regular check-in time? Or should I just log on at 24 hours to see our boarding #?
You will first be able to see your boarding position when you check in at T-24.

No, just like if you had EBCI. It checks you in early, but you cannot see it until 24 hours before. That said, do not be alarmed when the site asks you to "CHECK IN" – that has already been done, and you are just viewing your boarding number.

You will first be able to see your boarding position when you check in at T-24.

@TNKim, let me know how this works for you tomorrow since I'll be in the same boat next week!

Anyone seeing any “red banners” lately...I want to change my flight from 9/7 to 9/8 and right now I’d have to use 1,550 additional points...trying to decide whether to wait for a Red Banner of go ahead and use points...

Anyone seeing any “red banners” lately...I want to change my flight from 9/7 to 9/8 and right now I’d have to use 1,550 additional points...trying to decide whether to wait for a Red Banner of go ahead and use points...

I had a red banner about a week ago; haven't seen one since then.

We had the red banner last weekend for our flights on June 20 and 28. The banner went away Monday. Its back today for our June 20 flight. So hoping it doesn't get changed!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter