Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

Opinions please! The bargain hunter in me needs flights for the very end of June/ beginning of July. The flights are definitely cheaper in mid to late July. Anybody still getting red banners for flights in mid July or has that ship sailed? Especially for flights ‘just booked ‘?

If I cancel a Wanna Get Away fare booked using points, I understand the points go back in my RR account. Is there then an expiration on those points? And/or, do those points then need to be used for the original person on the cancelled ticket?

2nd question: if I cancel/rebook one portion of a round trip, is the other flight left alone or do I have to cancel/rebook as well?

If I cancel a Wanna Get Away fare booked using points, I understand the points go back in my RR account. Is there then an expiration on those points? And/or, do those points then need to be used for the original person on the cancelled ticket?

2nd question: if I cancel/rebook one portion of a round trip, is the other flight left alone or do I have to cancel/rebook as well?

not sure about your first question but I think if you call and not do it online they can do it for you without having to redo the whole trip

This is one of the reasons it is recommended to use points for others' tickets when possible. If you have to cancel an award ticket, all points are put back in your account with no restrictions. And RR points never expire.

The “change” banner is now showing for July and August reservations.
Just noticed that. Right now it’s only showing on my 8/4 flight, not on my 8/14 flight.
This is the second time I have had the change banner show up on my reservations. Can anyone explain why this happens? Last year when that happened my flights were both rescheduled and changed from non stop to multiple stops. I am flying in less than 60 days and I am slightly worried that it might happen again. Thoughts please?

Opinions please! The bargain hunter in me needs flights for the very end of June/ beginning of July. The flights are definitely cheaper in mid to late July. Anybody still getting red banners for flights in mid July or has that ship sailed? Especially for flights ‘just booked ‘?
I booked mid July flights yesterday (Friday), and got the change banner after booking.

You only have to earn 100,000 this year, they put 25,000 points on everyone's tracker in February I think. So if you've earned 100k then you would have 125k on southwest.com.

You only have to earn 100,000 this year, they put 25,000 points on everyone's tracker in February I think. So if you've earned 100k then you would have 125k on southwest.com.
Oh wow. So my husband is also close to 100k.. we were planning to wait until January to hit the threshold so he could earn CP for 2022 and 2023 (That’s actually what I wanted too but obviously didn’t pay close enough attention.) But is the 100k deal only good through Dec 31? Would that be shooting ourselves in the foot? Or since they just added extra points it doesn’t matter? Hub opened his card in March of this year.

Oh wow. So my husband is also close to 100k.. we were planning to wait until January to hit the threshold so he could earn CP for 2022 and 2023 (That’s actually what I wanted too but obviously didn’t pay close enough attention.) But is the 100k deal only good through Dec 31? Would that be shooting ourselves in the foot? Or since they just added extra points it doesn’t matter? Hub opened his card in March of this year.

Tier Qualifying Points reset every year. Do not postpone, as you will start from scratch and miss out on taking advantage of this year’s one-time TQP boost. Meet the 100,000 points this year for CP 2021 thru 2022.

Normally, you have to meet the minimum spend by a set deadline, so make sure that is done to earn the cc sign-up bonus.

Tier Qualifying Points reset every year. Do not postpone, as you will start from scratch and miss out on taking advantage of this year’s one-time TQP boost. Meet the 100,000 points this year for CP 2021 thru 2022.

Normally, you have to meet the minimum spend by a set deadline, so make sure that is done to earn the cc sign-up bonus.

Oh yikes, it’s not a year from when you opened the card? He has already met the minimum spend to get the SUB, just doesn’t quite have enough points for the CP. (95k?)

First, it isn’t technically a 100,000 deal. You still have to hit 125,000. How many points towards CP does his account on SW show? The 25K boost shows in there. Not total RR points, but points toward CP. They aren’t always the same. That number must hit 125K to qualify for CP.

All points must hit his RR account in the calendar year to count. CP points reset on Jan.1. So you also have to be aware of when his CC statement closes. Points take a few days after statement closing to post to the RR account. So you want spending done before the December statement closes, November if the statement closes late in the month. If his statement closes late in the month & the points don’t post til after Jan 1, those points will count for 2022.

Last edited:
What I remember is they gave that if your card was opened before Dec 31, 2020. How many points towards CP does his account on SW show? The 25K boost shows in there. Not total RR points, but points toward CP. They aren’t always the same. That number must hit 125K to qualify for CP.
He had to have a RR account by 12/31/20, not have the card. I've never held a SW RR CC and I got the 25,000 points on my tracker.

Here's your friendly reminder that Southwest Airlines next schedule release is expected to occur on THURSDAY June 10th. (Two weeks from tomorrow). For those planning to snag flights, set those calendar reminders so you don't forget! I'll post additional reminders as the date draws nearer.

Currently SW is offering flights through 11/5/21 and this next release will take their schedule out to 1/5/22. This is a very popular release covering Thanksgiving and Christmas.

For those that care about "release timing" it can vary, but here are the recent "go live" of previous releases:
Release Date Time (eastern)
4/1/21 9:10am
12/10/20 7:15am
8/13/20 9:15am
5/28/20 9:06am
3/12/20 9:40am
12/11/19 9:10am
10/30/19 7:15am
9/26/19 7:30am
8/15/19 10:41am
5/30/19 9:20am
Thank you so much for posting this...exactly what I'm looking for.

So, Im a SW stalker....I'm sure there is a support group somewhere and I need to find it. :rolleyes1

We're headed to MCO on Nov 10-14 and the flights that I see out there for June/July and into late October are HORRIBLE...there are no direct flights and the morning flights, like 6am-11:30 we took last Oct and Dec are GONE...

now there are a bunch that leave at 8:30, go somewhere random with a layover and get in at 3:30pm - which I cannot do! Our first day is Epcot, which opens at 11am but it's counted as a park day.

Now, I just looked at Delta flights for the same dates and I can get us 2 non-stop flights - arriving day #1 at 8:30am and then flying out on Sunday at 4:30pm which are PERFECT for us!!

and then I look at prices, and the flights themselves are not bad....$504 for the 2 of us. and then I look at seat upgrades (DH is tall and like an exit row) and for the 2 flights that's another $160 - so now we're up to $663 and I have to pay for luggage...

and have I mentioned that we have CP with SW and I have a ton of points to pay for flights so they're free except for the taxes?

UGH - do I go ahead and pay out the nose for Delta flights that look great or wait and see what SW comes out with?

Do we think that Delta has been changing their flight schedules around as much as SW so that we might get those non-stop flights cancelled??

I need a crystal ball!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter