Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

Ugh my June 16/20 flight has a red banner but my sept 4/7 does not at this time
Did your June flights change? You are the first to report now seeing the change banner for June reservations. I know of others who hold confirmed reservations for the same period of time, but no banner. So, either Southwest has changed their system to only flag those bookings that are impacted by a schedule change or ???.

ETA - Now reading reports of banner appearing for some June, July, and October bookings.

Last edited:
Did your June flights change? You are the first to report now seeing the change banner for June reservations. I know of others who hold confirmed reservations for the same period of time, but no banner. So, either Southwest has changed their system to only flag those bookings that are impacted by a schedule change or ???.

ETA - Now reading reports of banner appearing for some June, July, and October bookings.

the last change banner I had was for both June and September flights and none changed for me. My June flights changed with the banner prior to that. I had no change banner for a few days for both June and September and now have it again for June with no changes so far. My September flights have not changed yet. Still no banner as of now for September.

If I book flights with the hopes a banner might appear, it’s probably best to use points in case I have to cancel altogether, right?

One more question for the experts - if I’m trying to get A list through flights I can buy those flights with points/$$/TFs right? But only the flights in my name count correct?

ETA - my points towards A list just don’t seem to be increasing even though I’m using almost exclusively my SW cards. Any hint to boost my points towards this goal?

One more question for the experts - if I’m trying to get A list through flights I can buy those flights with points/$$/TFs right? But only the flights in my name count correct?

ETA - my points towards A list just don’t seem to be increasing even though I’m using almost exclusively my SW cards. Any hint to boost my points towards this goal?
Only non-points bookings count as A-List elite qualifying points. Non-revenue travel (points bookings) do not count toward earning A-List status.

The following will not count toward qualification for A-List or A-List Preferred status: Rapid Rewards program enrollment points; Rapid Rewards reward flights; Rapid Rewards Companion Pass travel; Rapid Rewards partner points except for tier qualifying points earned on the Southwest Rapid Rewards Priority Credit Card, Rapid Rewards Premier Credit Card, Rapid Rewards Premier Business Credit Card, or Rapid Rewards Performance Business Credit Cards from Chase (as per the rules described below); bonus points, unless specifically designated as such; nonrevenue travel, unless specifically designated as eligible; stops at intermediate cities on connecting or through flights; and charter flights. Tier qualifying points are not redeemable for travel on Southwest or through the "More Rewards" site.

Oh geez. That figures!! I wonder if SW would let me change my points booking to $$$ lol!

Also it says my Companion must check in separately. Is there some trick to this so I can get us as close as possible in boarding groups? Or do I just check in me then my companion and hope for the the best??

Oh geez. That figures!! I wonder if SW would let me change my points booking to $$$ lol!

Also it says my Companion must check in separately. Is there some trick to this so I can get us as close as possible in boarding groups? Or do I just check in me then my companion and hope for the the best??
I don’t think the payment method can be changed; you would need to cancel and rebook at the current fare.

I have heard that Southwest was testing having consecutive boarding positions for A-Lister flying with Companion. Though some are reporting receiving consecutive positions, I would not take a chance and check both in at T-24, with priority for Companion.

I don’t think the payment method can be changed; you would need to cancel and rebook at the current fare.

I have heard that Southwest was testing having consecutive boarding positions for A-Lister flying with Companion. Though some are reporting receiving consecutive positions, I would not take a chance and check both in at T-24, with priority for Companion.

Yes, it looks like I can cancel and rebook but my $49 one way tix are now $99 so probably not worth it.

Do you mean priority for the companion such that I check in DH first then me?

One last thing - the qualifying flights have to be for ME, right? Or do flights I pay for on the same reservation (like my kids) count?

Last edited:
Yes, it looks like I can cancel and rebook but my $49 one way tix are now $99 so probably not worth it.

Do you mean priority for the companion such that I check in DH first then me? Yes, check others in first, as we are pretty sure you will have been checked in automatically at T-36. After checking in Companion, you will know for sure if both of you were checked in at T-36.

One last thing - the qualifying flights have to be for ME, right? Yes. Or do flights I pay for on the same reservation (like my kids) count? No. If you paid for kids’s tix and did not use points, make sure they have their own Rapid Rewards accounts, with their RR member number attached to reservations.
Please let us know how things worked out.

[

I could be wrong, but I don’t thinIk credit card points are counted 1 for 1 as qualifiers for A list.4046AE70-3183-486E-9319-0BD723DABBFB.jpeg

Looks like you don’t get points for credit card purchases until you spend $10,000

@TNKim, let me know how this works for you tomorrow since I'll be in the same boat next week!

I have A-List for the first time through 6/30 thanks to the recent promo offer. My reservations were made in January, before the A-List promo Came out. I just checked in for our flight tomorrow - right at 24 hrs. I checked in my companion first, and she was assigned A24. I then checked in my my confirmation number which has 3 passengers. We were assigned A23, A25 & A26. So the companion and our numbers are all together. Very pleased, to say the least, with this promo offer, and thrilled to have it for our return flight!

I have A-List for the first time through 6/30 thanks to the recent promo offer. My reservations were made in January, before the A-List promo Came out. I just checked in for our flight tomorrow - right at 24 hrs. I checked in my companion first, and she was assigned A24. I then checked in my my confirmation number which has 3 passengers. We were assigned A23, A25 & A26. So the companion and our numbers are all together. Very pleased, to say the least, with this promo offer, and thrilled to have it for our return flight!

Thanks for the update! Anytime I've ever gotten a promo offer for this kind of thing, I can never use it because of the dates, etc. Maybe they were targeting people in certain states/regions with this promo? I take it you're in Tennessee too, based on your screen name? We have early bird reserved for the way home, but nothing I can do about that now since it's non-refundable (and I guess priority is better than early bird, right?), but this will definitely be helpful with the flight down.

Thanks for the update! Anytime I've ever gotten a promo offer for this kind of thing, I can never use it because of the dates, etc. Maybe they were targeting people in certain states/regions with this promo? I take it you're in Tennessee too, based on your screen name? We have early bird reserved for the way home, but nothing I can do about that now since it's non-refundable (and I guess priority is better than early bird, right?), but this will definitely be helpful with the flight down.

Yes, I’m in Chattanoog, but we fly out of Nashville. This is my first time to have companion pass and A-List and will probably be the only time to use either of them. We usually buy Early Bird but I decided not to this trip since we weren’t 100% sure we would be able to go because of Covid. This trip was rescheduled from May 2020 because of the shut down. When do you go? Our dates are 5/22-26 at Universal, and 5/26-6/3 at Disney. This time tomorrow, we will be there - finally!

Yes, I’m in Chattanoog, but we fly out of Nashville. This is my first time to have companion pass and A-List and will probably be the only time to use either of them. We usually buy Early Bird but I decided not to this trip since we weren’t 100% sure we would be able to go because of Covid. This trip was rescheduled from May 2020 because of the shut down. When do you go? Our dates are 5/22-26 at Universal, and 5/26-6/3 at Disney. This time tomorrow, we will be there - finally!

Our trip is rescheduled from June 2020. Our dates are 5/29-6/8. So funny that you said "this time tomorrow" in your post last night, because last night I kept saying to my family, "this time a week from tomorrow..." I soooooo need this vacation right now. Safe travels and have a wonderful time!

I could be wrong, but I don’t thinIk credit card points are counted 1 for 1 as qualifiers for A list.
It also is interesting that some (not all) of the Rapid Rewards Credit Cards can earn points towards A-List status.
I believe that Priority and Premier cards both can earn A-List tier qualifying points, but not the Plus card. But, I'm not sure.

I'm waiting for a call back from SW because they forgot to change my daughter's flight with the rest of ours when we rescheduled due to a change we didn't like on their end. Anyway, I noticed the message at the top of the page about a mask exemption request. Has anyone seen or used this yet? It looks like the flight has to be less than 50% full, which is a joke these days, at least at the airports we frequent. I have a special needs son who would greatly benefit from this if it's not too onerous.

Update - so I don’t have a list status but do have a companion pass for my DH. I used the app and as soon as it was T-24 I checked him in first then me. He got B 04 and I got B 03 (even tho I checked in after him). After reading that a list won’t cover CP I’m not that sure I’m going to try so hard to get it. But if anyone hears of that changing please post here!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter