Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

So looking to book flights for October. Would be 3 people for sure, but not sure if my daughter will be coming. If there is a possibility we will have to cancel her flight only, should I book hers separately? Or can I book all 4 flights together, then cancel just one if necessary?

Has SW been overbooking their flights? I just saw a post on Facebook where someone had said they were. We flew last month & had no problems (aside from a large group of cheerleaders not wearing masks on the plane)

So looking to book flights for October. Would be 3 people for sure, but not sure if my daughter will be coming. If there is a possibility we will have to cancel her flight only, should I book hers separately? Or can I book all 4 flights together, then cancel just one if necessary?
You could do either way. If you book them all together you'll only have to do one check-in and will get consecutive boarding numbers, but if you do have to cancel your daughter you'd have to call to have her removed. If you book them separately you'll have to check-in two reservations, but it would be much simpler to cancel.

If it's possible I would book the 3 for sure as one reservation and use points for your daughter's reservation. That way if you do have to cancel her reservation you would get all the points back immediately rather than a TravelFund that only she can use.

If it's possible I would book the 3 for sure as one reservation and use points for your daughter's reservation. That way if you do have to cancel her reservation you would get all the points back immediately rather than a TravelFund that only she can use.

I'm hoping to do most if not all of us with points. Thanks for the reminder, though, that if I did hers with actual $$, I wouldn't be able to just get a straight-up refund.

What's the latest on change banners? They just had a bunch of flights pop up at a great price but not ideal times/dates...great options very close by. Looking at end of june, early july. Also considering end of july/early august if I see more $49 fares pop up!!

What's the latest on change banners? They just had a bunch of flights pop up at a great price but not ideal times/dates...great options very close by. Looking at end of june, early july. Also considering end of july/early august if I see more $49 fares pop up!!

i still have change banners for my mid June and early September flights. This is the 4th day they have been there.

Welp, my son just informed me he can't go on our September trip. Could I just cancel all of us then rebook with 4? Availability is still there so not worried about losing the spot or anything. Or do I have to call to have him removed? My job just makes it very difficult to be on the phone and I work all stinking day most days.

Welp, my son just informed me he can't go on our September trip. Could I just cancel all of us then rebook with 4? Availability is still there so not worried about losing the spot or anything. Or do I have to call to have him removed? My job just makes it very difficult to be on the phone and I work all stinking day most days.

Try DMing them on Twitter.

Try DMing them on Twitter.
Both the phone lines and Twitter have live assistance available 24/7. If you DM @SouthwestAir on Twitter, include the confirmation number, your full name and full name of person to be removed from reservation, and your DOB to confirm your identity. You will need the confirmation number if calling, as well.

just wondering how far into September have people received changes to your flights?
AFAIK, it was thru September 6 or 7. If you are watching for changes to your reservations, you may want to check every day. There is no set pattern as to if/when the change banner appears.

Does anyone have a rough idea when they think the next schedule will be released with flights hopefully into December?

Does anyone have a rough idea when they think the next schedule will be released with flights hopefully into December?

Yep, that info lives on the FLIGHT SCHEDULES part of their site: https://www.southwest.com/air/flight-schedules/index.html?clk=GFOOTER-FLY-FLTSCHEDULES

We are currently accepting air reservations through November 5, 2021. On June 10, 2021 we will open our schedule for sale through January 5, 2022. This date is subject to change! Please check back frequently.

Is the change banner still allowing you to change your flight without paying additional? And if so, if you change to a less expensive flight do you still get the refunded points (when paying with points)?

just wondering how far into September have people received changes to your flights?

we have sept 4&7 flights. Our sept 4 flight changed during the first of the 2 most recent red banner periods. Nothing changed yet on the 7th. None of my June or September flights changed during the last red banner period that just ended.

Both the phone lines and Twitter have live assistance available 24/7. If you DM @SouthwestAir on Twitter, include the confirmation number, your full name and full name of person to be removed from reservation, and your DOB to confirm your identity. You will need the confirmation number if calling, as well.
Thanks, I called and waited 90 min and then got disconnected! Looks like it went through so that’s good.

Thanks, I called and waited 90 min and then got disconnected! Looks like it went through so that’s good.
I usually send a DM to @SouthwestAir on Twitter and almost always receive a reply within no more than 5-10 minutes. Trying to contact by phone or Twitter off-hours seems to result in shorter waits.

Is the change banner still allowing you to change your flight without paying additional? And if so, if you change to a less expensive flight do you still get the refunded points (when paying with points)?

No if you change your flight at no charge with the red banner you will not receive any refund.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter