Photos of Your Scrapping Place?

That looks so nice! I love the white. And I wouldn't touch that desk either, it has other special memories, and is perfect! I love your crop table!

I'm ready to show DH and say "This...do it like this...." :rotfl2:

I'm so excited - all of these pictures and the organize your space threads have really inspired me and I spent most of the weekend reorganizing my craft room - I love it! It's our spare bedroom and it's pretty small. DH actually used a home decorating program he found on line to figure out how we'd fit everything in! The bookcases and rolling white carts are from IKEA and we got them last summer. The bookcases were too big to fit through the door and had to be assembled in the room - good luck if we ever move!

Okay, wait, you are waaayyyyy too neat! JK, it's beautiful! :)

Awesome room JandJ. I love how you have it organized. I'm the same way. I don't want to look at it but want to know exactly where everything is. I've had my scrap room about a week now and am still getting everything into a new home. I love how much I can get done with everything in one place. Before my stuff was scattered all over the house.

JandJ - what a gorgeous room. I love those shelves from Ikea, need to get me some of them. And ohhhh, I love your old college desk just the way it is. So sweet to have such a great memory. Thanks for sharing.

Elsie

I'm so excited - all of these pictures and the organize your space threads have really inspired me and I spent most of the weekend reorganizing my craft room - I love it! It's our spare bedroom and it's pretty small. DH actually used a home decorating program he found on line to figure out how we'd fit everything in! The bookcases and rolling white carts are from IKEA and we got them last summer. The bookcases were too big to fit through the door and had to be assembled in the room - good luck if we ever move!

From the door looking into the room:
ry%3D400

The bookcase with doors - this holds empty and in-progress scrapbooks in the bottom, out of sight, and my Disney wedding memorabilia behind the glass doors:
ry%3D400

These are the "Alex" from IKEA. When DH and I first saw them he didn't even fight me on it because he knew I'd have to have them! Each drawer holds 12x12 paper on one side and 8.5x11 plus scraps on the other. I've just sort of memorized what color or pattern is in each drawer. I prefer to have my paper sorted by color, theme, and in stacks like this:
ry%3D400

On top of the "Alexes" are plastic bins from Target that hold letter/number stickers, jouranling boxes, vellum words, etc.

The bookcase with drawers, which has mostly completed books and photos that are waiting to be cropped (mostly old family photos). I also store my cake decorating supplies on the top shelf and have Cricut stuff in the top drawer:
ry%3D400

Next to it, the 2 black zippered cases are from CM and hold all of my stickers, organized by theme and size.

This multi-square bookcase is from Target and it rests on my crop table. It has all of the things I need at hand - pens, scissors, tools, brads, etc.:
ry%3D400

This is my crop table, it's an old family table that my mom used to have in the entry hall. I painted it white and it has a handy "foot rest" for my aching feet ;)
ry%3D400

I splurged on a really nice rolling desk chair from Office Depot and I have a massaging chair attachment that I put on the chair when my back aches.

This is my old college desk. DH thought I should paint it white too, but I thought that was too much white, plus my daddy bought it for me at a garage sale for $10 and we refinished it together so I love it just the way it is. It stores adhesives, cards, non-scrapping pens, etc., and obviously my Baby Bug and sewing machine:
ry%3D400

Possibly my favorite thing - the rolling microwave cart with all of my cutting implements (that sounds very clinical doesn't it? :laughing: ) I can roll it to be right next to me, on the other side of my cropping table, next to the desk, wherever, it's super convenient:
ry%3D400

The red and white boxes are IKEA as well. I labeled them with Cricut and SCAL. What works for me is for everything to have a place and where I don't have to look at all of it all the time ;) I like to hide things away but know exactly where they are and this room is super functional for me. I also love the 2 windows for natural light. If it's too bright or hot I close the sheers. I am grateful to DH for giving me the spare room and of course for building the bookcases, and to NewEnglandEeyore for teaching me how to use SCAL :thumbsup2

OMG i love your space...definately need to go check out IKEA!!!

Here is my space. I over took my dining room. I'm a single mom of one child so we eat in the living room. It works for us :)
Please excuse the mess and stuff on the floor. I'm messy ahhaha.

I have 2 desks pushed together. One is for storage.
100_3246.jpg

This is the desk I work at. Its really an old vanity with the mirror obviously missing. I love the drawers. I have my must haves at my finger tips.
100_3247.jpg

I got this storage drawer thing at a yardsale for $2! It stores my finished layouts. I need to purchase some albums for them.
100_3248.jpg

The sobe shelves have more storage that is messy. The filing cabinet stores my 8.5x11" paper and scraps. The white cube holds my 12x12 paper by color. On top are my unmounted stamps, and in the cassette case my ink pads. My spools of ribbon are stored in the clear case.
100_3249.jpg

This is how I store my stamps. I have unmounted and rubber ones. I unmounted them all. They are stored by catagories in empty cd cases.
100_3250.jpg

The next 2 are signs my dad has found and bought me.
100_3254.jpg

100_3255.jpg

Here is my space. I over took my dining room. I'm a single mom of one child so we eat in the living room. It works for us :)
QUOTE]
my family never eats at our dining room table...But it's a great crap collector ;)
What up to a fellow single mom!!!!whoot whoot:banana: :hug:

I love the stamp CD thing you got goind on there I'm gonna see if that might work for me.

My DD is 10 yrs older than yours heheeh..

The stamp thing is so awesome!!! I love having them all stored like that. I got like 100 empty cd cases on freecycle. I still have TONS left and I have more spots left on the spinning cd holder. That only means one thing...Need to buy more stamps ahha

My DD is 10 yrs older than yours heheeh..

The stamp thing is so awesome!!! I love having them all stored like that. I got like 100 empty cd cases on freecycle. I still have TONS left and I have more spots left on the spinning cd holder. That only means one thing...Need to buy more stamps ahha

I wonder if my lable maker will make labels small enough to go in the sides??? Hmmmm I still have a ton of empty cases I have no idea why I kept them..the CD's are long gone and all my music is on my IPOD and laptop. Why do I do stuff like that?

Well I'll prolly still be single when my DD is that old too.....guys stink sometimes :sad2:

So who can come to the 'burbs of Boston to organize my room for me?

I LOVE what I've been seeing! I like how we've all captured some space in our home, wherever we can, to make space for ourselves.

I love the use of the Ikea shelves and furniture. What a great idea. I'm still searching for the perfect way to store paper and that might be it.

I also love the kitchen cart! I'm still looking for one that won't break the bank. I didn't think I would need one, but now....

And finally, I don't think that I am brave enough to unmount all my wood mounted stamps....yet....my friends does it and swears by it. Perhaps one of these days. AND, thanks to JennasMom for the comment about empty CD cases from Freecycle. What a GREAT idea. I can't believe I didn't think of that!

Ok so you take even your wooden stamps off the wood????
Then how do you use them??? Do they adhere to acrylic blocks???
I'm confused???..... But that's not hard to do.

On a side note...
Ive seen so many of your ladies conversations about haveing GF's you scrap with and share ideas..you all are so lucky!!! Since I don't have any GF's (all my friends are guys who I ride with) I kinda see you ladies as my GF's I get allot of my ideas from. Just had to say that...I've learned so much from all of you and I Thank you:grouphug:

Hi. Does anyone need ideas on organizing/decorating your scrap room? I just finished 75 pages of ideas on Two Peas In A Bucket.

I also love the kitchen cart! I'm still looking for one that won't break the bank. I didn't think I would need one, but now....

I got mine from a girl who lived next to DH in his old apartment. Before we got married and he moved out, she was moving out too, and getting rid of everything, so I got the kitchen microwave cart for free. Check garage sales and Craig's List and have fun decorating your space!

OK- here is my part of a room. Sorry the pics are so big. It is in my attic, which has slanted walls. About 2/3 is my DD6's playroom, the other is my part. The walls are princess pink and purple.
IMG_2665.jpg

IMG_2663.jpg

IMG_2659.jpg

IMG_2667.jpg

I finally got around to taking pics of my room. it once was the "ferret bedroom" and about 18 months ago I sort of stole it from them. I used to scrap on the master bedroom floor and had to fight my critters not to step on my stuff. And of course it had to be cleaned up whenever I was done working. I uploaded these in mass so they are really small. If I remember I will re upload tonight with larger so you can actually see.

P1194688.jpg

P1194673.jpg

My new sorter- just both it this month in fact
P1194680.jpg

P1194676.jpg

Cuttlebug dies and 8.5 x 11 paper, plus all the "at hand" stuff I need
P1194681.jpg

Actual books and the remnants of the "ferret room". You can see some of their toys and a sliver of their cage
P1194678.jpg

Thanks for posting you pics. It is fun to see where everyone has claimed their space. I can't believe you guys really label the drawers :goodvibes My luck I would label it, then everything but what was suppose to go in the drawer would end up there! Nobody in my house can read! :lmao:

Elsie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter