Photos of Your Scrapping Place?

For those of you who have metal cubes used as paper storage...how did you make extra shelves in them? I am interested in doing that, but the "how" is escaping me!

I bought them. They are available at AC Moore if no where else. I got mine for about $25 half price the day after Thanksgiving.

Rebecca

I need to see if HL has more of those metal shelving units..and grab my 40% of coupon for it... I need one for my pattern paper.. DH went to find something solid for me and complained that my pattern paper was in it too...

That scrap box is cool buuuuuut I'd need like 5.and I need a bigger table than that.

Here is the room DH made for me over the week end. It's down in our basement.

DSC05798.jpg

DSC05799.jpg

DSC05801.jpg

I'm sure as I get all "moved in" I'll add more stuff. DH has another shelf to assemble and I'll probably put that where the Cricut bag is sitting. I'd like to add some shelves. I'm so excited to have all my stuff in one place instead of hunting all over the house for it!

i love it Colleen! and how very sweet of your dh! i'm trying to get mine to make me a space in the basement as well. and i have that very same disney frame as you. and mine is also empty!!! too funny!

Colleen, that looks like it has great bones to turn into a wonderful spot!

Thanks, Nanc, for having my back. I don't know why it doesn't work for me:rolleyes:

My room is 10 x 10 and tucked in above our garage, off the guest room. It's a great spot to escape and do my therapy of scrapping. Having the two desks allows DD to come in and color or stamp while I am in there too.

you had an extra http// in it.

Colleen love the room!!!

I am working on mine but I can't find the before pics! ARGH!

Colleen- what a wonderful room- your DH gets a gold star for creating it for you.

Rebecca

Thanks everyone! I have to say the scrap room did earn DH a little nookie KWIM :rotfl: I love the Disney frame, just some of the spots are so small by the time I cut the picture down, the picture looses it's Disneyness.

Here is the room DH made for me over the week end. It's down in our basement.

DSC05798.jpg

DSC05799.jpg

DSC05801.jpg

I'm sure as I get all "moved in" I'll add more stuff. DH has another shelf to assemble and I'll probably put that where the Cricut bag is sitting. I'd like to add some shelves. I'm so excited to have all my stuff in one place instead of hunting all over the house for it!

That's so nice!! The shelves would give you alot more storage too. I would need them- as I have sooooo much stuff! LOL

I'm so excited - all of these pictures and the organize your space threads have really inspired me and I spent most of the weekend reorganizing my craft room - I love it! It's our spare bedroom and it's pretty small. DH actually used a home decorating program he found on line to figure out how we'd fit everything in! The bookcases and rolling white carts are from IKEA and we got them last summer. The bookcases were too big to fit through the door and had to be assembled in the room - good luck if we ever move!

From the door looking into the room:
ry%3D400

The bookcase with doors - this holds empty and in-progress scrapbooks in the bottom, out of sight, and my Disney wedding memorabilia behind the glass doors:
ry%3D400

These are the "Alex" from IKEA. When DH and I first saw them he didn't even fight me on it because he knew I'd have to have them! Each drawer holds 12x12 paper on one side and 8.5x11 plus scraps on the other. I've just sort of memorized what color or pattern is in each drawer. I prefer to have my paper sorted by color, theme, and in stacks like this:
ry%3D400

On top of the "Alexes" are plastic bins from Target that hold letter/number stickers, jouranling boxes, vellum words, etc.

The bookcase with drawers, which has mostly completed books and photos that are waiting to be cropped (mostly old family photos). I also store my cake decorating supplies on the top shelf and have Cricut stuff in the top drawer:
ry%3D400

Next to it, the 2 black zippered cases are from CM and hold all of my stickers, organized by theme and size.

This multi-square bookcase is from Target and it rests on my crop table. It has all of the things I need at hand - pens, scissors, tools, brads, etc.:
ry%3D400

This is my crop table, it's an old family table that my mom used to have in the entry hall. I painted it white and it has a handy "foot rest" for my aching feet ;)
ry%3D400

I splurged on a really nice rolling desk chair from Office Depot and I have a massaging chair attachment that I put on the chair when my back aches.

This is my old college desk. DH thought I should paint it white too, but I thought that was too much white, plus my daddy bought it for me at a garage sale for $10 and we refinished it together so I love it just the way it is. It stores adhesives, cards, non-scrapping pens, etc., and obviously my Baby Bug and sewing machine:
ry%3D400

Possibly my favorite thing - the rolling microwave cart with all of my cutting implements (that sounds very clinical doesn't it? :laughing: ) I can roll it to be right next to me, on the other side of my cropping table, next to the desk, wherever, it's super convenient:
ry%3D400

The red and white boxes are IKEA as well. I labeled them with Cricut and SCAL. What works for me is for everything to have a place and where I don't have to look at all of it all the time ;) I like to hide things away but know exactly where they are and this room is super functional for me. I also love the 2 windows for natural light. If it's too bright or hot I close the sheers. I am grateful to DH for giving me the spare room and of course for building the bookcases, and to NewEnglandEeyore for teaching me how to use SCAL :thumbsup2

what a beautiful room! and i just love the white table. very very nice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter