Photo sharing: Disney Cruising

2mea9ev.jpg

Unbelievable! Well done capturing all the details in darker areas without over exposing all the highlights. I was sure you were using filter to allow the dark textures into your picture while at the same time keeping that beautiful sky exposure. Lightroom helps but it takes a quality picture to start with!

I'm sure I'm not the only one who hopes you do! Thanks, we are all really looking forward to it. I'm considering taking either a Nikkor 14-24 f2.8 or the Tokina 11-16 f2.8 but looking at your shots, I think the 14-24 should be plenty wide enough.

@Havoc315 - Great shots! Question about the last one you posted. When we go on our Cruise we are staying in the back 4 staterooms around 10662-10668. I appears the fireworks are off the side of the ship, but I read somewhere that these rooms are perfect for private viewing of the fireworks. Any thoughts if we would be able to see them clearly from the very aft of the ship? Thanks!

Lightroom definitely helps to control the levels.

And I'd say to just take both lenses along. You never know when you'll wanna try something unique. So better to be prepared.

havoc315, you take great pictures. What do you use for a tripod? Do you have a special one for traveling?

havoc315, you take great pictures. What do you use for a tripod? Do you have a special one for traveling?

I forget the brand. It's not really a travel tripod. Just a regular, but not too heavy, tripod. I squeeze it into the suitcase and only pull it out for 1 or 2 evenings of shooting.

For travel, I'll sometimes use my rx100 with s gorilla pod-- then the whole setup can fit in my pockets.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter