Photo sharing: Disney Cruising

Love all three ^^^ but especially those top clouds in the second.

The Dream at Castaway Cay on a Stormy Day:

Dream-146-XL.jpg

Very nice shots - looks like a lovely ship too. Wish I could help the thread, but despite cruising every year, I have never taken the chance on a Disney cruise. Being sans kids, I've always maintained that tiny bit of fear that kids would just be a little too prevalent on a Disney cruise, despite their efforts to maintain plenty of adult-only locations onboard. Much as I love Disney, I accept the presence of lots of kids there as part and parcel - but on a cruise, I really like adults only (or mostly). A shame, because I'd probably enjoy the ship design quite a bit. I'll be cruising again this October, but there aren't likely to be very many kids on this ship!

Very nice shots - looks like a lovely ship too. Wish I could help the thread, but despite cruising every year, I have never taken the chance on a Disney cruise. Being sans kids, I've always maintained that tiny bit of fear that kids would just be a little too prevalent on a Disney cruise, despite their efforts to maintain plenty of adult-only locations onboard. Much as I love Disney, I accept the presence of lots of kids there as part and parcel - but on a cruise, I really like adults only (or mostly). A shame, because I'd probably enjoy the ship design quite a bit. I'll be cruising again this October, but there aren't likely to be very many kids on this ship!

Having sailed Disney, Norwegian and Royal Caribbean --- I can tell you, that your fears are not only unfounded -- The effect is the OPPOSITE.

My last 2 cruises over the last 5 years were on Norwegian -- I found there were kids everywhere. You couldn't escape them. The kids club has very limited hours, so kids are everywhere, all the time. There is no such thing as adult spaces --- People bring their kids into the bars. They take over the pools. The Norwegian ships I have been on, didn't have adult-only areas.

On the other hand -- The Disney kids club is amazing, and therefore keeps kids out of the way. The main pool is of course flooded with children at all hours, but there is incredibly huge adult-only space --- And they do in fact keep the kids out. Our friend's daughter got kicked out of the adult coffee bar. The adult bars and pools are truly adult only.
If you have an early dinner seating (5:45), then it is a noisy-child filled atmosphere. But the late dining -- 8:15 pm, because of the time, has few young children. (Not none). And the Disney fantasy has 2 upcharge restaurants that are truly adult only. (Again, strictly enforced).

So in my personal experience, even cruising without kids, DCL is a superior cruising experience (as long as you like a Disney atmosphere).

Having sailed Disney, Norwegian and Royal Caribbean --- I can tell you, that your fears are not only unfounded -- The effect is the OPPOSITE.

So in my personal experience, even cruising without kids, DCL is a superior cruising experience (as long as you like a Disney atmosphere).

That's good to hear. I figured some of my fear might have been irrational - but I just haven't gotten around to pulling the trigger. Of course, there are other factors - I cruise more nowadays for itinerary - I always like to find places I haven't been to, or haven't been as often or as recently; I also tend to look for 'bargains' - because I live in Florida I can plan cruises fairly last-minute, so when a suite becomes available on a 10-day cruise for under $1000PP, I grab it. Disney, like Royal Caribbean, is not as prone to sales on their suites and cruises. Princess & HAL, and sometimes Celebrity, often have some great suite sales for last-minute cruise planners. And of course, ships that sail out of Ft. Lauderdale or Miami are easier for me, being just minutes from my house.

I'm keeping my eye on Disney though - they are offering more itineraries now, starting to expand beyond the 3-6 day stuff, and may put them in my sights more in the future.

Love the Disney Cruises. I'll be back on the Fantasy next month!!!! :cool1:

And to tell the truth, I would almost say they are more for adults than kids. There isn't an overwhelming kid presence. And there are PLENTY of things for adults.

Fantasy Sunrise by Scott Smith (SRisonS), on Flickr

A Quiet Night at Quiet Cove by Scott Smith (SRisonS), on Flickr

The Disney Prestige Collection: Mademoiselle Minnie Mouse by Scott Smith (SRisonS), on Flickr

I Call Shotgun... Flying Shotgun by Scott Smith (SRisonS), on Flickr

Love the Disney Cruises. I'll be back on the Fantasy next month!!!! :cool1:

Always love your shots Scott...

Now that you're going for a second time, you'll know where to position yourself for fireworks!

Unlike Magic Kingdom fireworks, you don't find many great shots of the fireworks off the fantasy -- I attribute it to the brevity of the show, just once per cruise... and even skilled photographers don't have enough time to find the best positioning. I realized after the fact, that too much of my view was being blocked by the AquaDuck.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts