Paid parking is coming to WDW resorts March 2018

Will the new resort parking fees impact your travel (planned or future)?

• Not at all

Votes: 234 28.6%
  • I might consider staying off site

Votes: 245 30.0%
  • I will keep my currently booked trip, but will not stay on site after that

Votes: 161 19.7%
  • I will cancel my booked trip and stay off site instead

Votes: 37 4.5%
  • I will not be returning to Disney parks in the foreseeable future

Votes: 79 9.7%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 61 7.5%

• Total voters
There toll roads all around Orlando. The road to Western Way entrance is toll plus Florida Turnpike is toll.

Emails sent. Short and to the point expressing my displeasure at their decision and second guessing our recent purchase of season passes for our family. I'm sure it won't matter but I feel better sending it.

Hopefully it matters, but if not, I feel better as well.

Maybe this isn't an issue for enough people that they lose money, but I hope they at least get their ears full (Mickey ears full) of complaints from this unpopular decision!

Although I have not been there yet so I don't know but is it really fair to compare Universal and Disney? I don't know anyone who says I am going to Orlando for 10 days to go to Universal. I always hear of people saying I am going to go for a couple days while I am in Orlando for Disney.
Umm :wave2: me! I’ve gone to Universal and combine with SeaWorld for 10 day trips. Used to add in Aquatica, but that was before Universal built their own water park. Not all 10 days are park days, being on the west coast travel eats into 2 days. Don’t arrive till late afternoon, and leave usually by 1 or 2 for airport returning home. We also like our mid day breaks and have a relaxed touring plan.
Universal resorts are a step above WDW. Their value resorts are more like WDW moderates with nice pools with slides, lazy river...bowling alley, rooftop bar.
The moderate is like WDW deluxe, and their deluxe are really deluxe. We’ve stayed at Hard Rock and Portofino.
And their prices are lower. Even with paid parking.

For those wondering about the theme parks now that the parking fees are back on the page:
upload_2018-3-15_20-2-12.png

The above now reflects on the page whereas before it wasn't during the changeover of the parking fee addition.

*Will this change? lol

Umm :wave2: me! I’ve gone to Universal and combine with SeaWorld for 10 day trips. Used to add in Aquatica, but that was before Universal built their own water park. Not all 10 days are park days, being on the west coast travel eats into 2 days. Don’t arrive till late afternoon, and leave usually by 1 or 2 for airport returning home. We also like our mid day breaks and have a relaxed touring plan.
Universal resorts are a step above WDW. Their value resorts are more like WDW moderates with nice pools with slides, lazy river...bowling alley, rooftop bar.
The moderate is like WDW deluxe, and their deluxe are really deluxe. We’ve stayed at Hard Rock and Portofino.
And their prices are lower. Even with paid parking.

Nice. Sounds like a good time. I would love to go to Universal some time but as a person of size I have no desire to go and not be able to go on any rides. My goal is to finally go once I lose 100 lbs. That is my reward to my self if I can do it.

Ugh this is all so sketchy. Im scheduled to speak with a CM tomorrow. I was hoping to hear they decided not to do it after a previous poster had mentioned a CM told them it was a test.

I feel like they'll stick by it and see if it really affects the revenue when all is said in done. I mean the public often kicks and screams at all sorts of things, but I feel like businesses (and politicians) hope for short memory and at the end of the day they get what they want with little hurting them at the end of the day...I hope I'm wrong!

I mean a lot of rooms would have to stay vacant for them not to make a lot of money off of daily guest resort parking fees. That's a lot of people not just getting angry but also cancelling vacations and staying off property.

I feel like they'll stick by it and see if it really affects the revenue when all is said in done. I mean the public often kicks and screams at all sorts of things, but I feel like businesses (and politicians) hope for short memory and at the end of the day they get what they want with little hurting them at the end of the day...I hope I'm wrong!

I mean a lot of rooms would have to stay vacant for them not to make a lot of money off of daily guest resort parking fees. That's a lot of people not just getting angry but also cancelling vacations and staying off property.
Right .. they aren't going to back down. Some accountant somewhere has already figured the increased revenue into the budget. And an item like this is pretty guaranteed revenue -- they can just go to any one of their parking lots right now and just see $$ above each car.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter