Paid parking is coming to WDW resorts March 2018

Will the new resort parking fees impact your travel (planned or future)?

• Not at all

Votes: 234 28.6%
  • I might consider staying off site

Votes: 245 30.0%
  • I will keep my currently booked trip, but will not stay on site after that

Votes: 161 19.7%
  • I will cancel my booked trip and stay off site instead

Votes: 37 4.5%
  • I will not be returning to Disney parks in the foreseeable future

Votes: 79 9.7%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 61 7.5%

• Total voters
I noticed that. :crazy2:

I may get blasted for this, but I would rather they charge for theme park parking than resort parking. There are more ways to “avoid” the parking charges at the theme parks - Disney transportation, Minnie Vans, Uber/Lyft, being an AP holder/DVC. And, if you are not going to a park one day (or several days), you don’t pay.

I may get blasted for this, but I would rather they charge for theme park parking than resort parking. There are more ways to “avoid” the parking charges at the theme parks - Disney transportation, Minnie Vans, Uber/Lyft, being an AP holder/DVC. And, if you are not going to a park one day (or several days), you don’t pay.

I agree. It definitely makes more sense than charging for resort parking.

I wonder if parking revenue has declined because of ride share apps?? And this is their way of making up for that decline?

Well they moved it to the resorts pages hidden under the "amenity" tab .............. couldn't even man up on it. :rolleyes:

And if you try to book a trip, and pull up rate details .......... it is not following "industry standard" to display extra fees on that page.

I imagine it will come back to that page after March 21. If it doesn't, that is really shady trying to hide it.

AND some folks have compared the before and after .......... the line that says Disney Hotel Guests park for free at the theme parks is GONE. This is going to be a real problem for some if true.

I am still hopeful, based on the fact the parking page says its complimentary for resort guests at resorts. I wonder if its just going to take time to come down at the resort pages, or if, as you say, it will come back on the main page on the 21st.

As for the resort guest parking at the parks ... DAMN. That's cold.

I totally agree!

And it was never assumed parking was built into the price of your theme park ticket.

Well you are paying for parking now for theme parks and hotel parking. Disney is just making it easier for you by charging you at your resort then the booth. Saves on the line of cars at the booths trying to get cash out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter