OT: Alright girls, I need your help!

We started that tradition years ago Holly... We buy a few and Santa does the big ones... We buy the socks, undies, PJs... cause the kids said Santa wasn't cool for bringing the necessities... He's the cool guy! Yeah, whatever! LOL

DS9 asked again about it today... I think he is figuring things out but the big kids keep trying to keep the curosity down..and playing up the fact that there is no way mom and dad can afford to buy for 5 kids...

In our house Santa all the toys come from Santa, Mom and Dad give the other items, and Mrs. Claus sends socks.

Jennifer, sorry you can't find that ornament. It drives me crazy in this day and age, some items can't be located.

hijacking alert!

so bil and sil ALWAYS buy bubba the hess truck that comes out every year. so i just thought status quo. well apparently not. :( so now dh and i are running all over the place looking for this years hess truck.
anyone want to help me find one??
i'd so appreciate it.

what does it look like? have to go out tomorrow anyhow. :)

Hess gas stations do a vehicle every year. and they only sell it at hess stations.
thanks maggie!

I was at our local hallmark and looked - no luck in Portage IN. There weren't many ornaments left at all. Sorry.

DS(10) has really figured it out but I refuse to let him:rotfl: He says all his friends say its parents, so I come back with "You think Daddy would REALLY spend money on plastic c**p? You know how he thinks!" and also "You know how if you're naughty Santa takes a toy out of your sack, well some kids are so naughty they'd get nothing if their mummies and daddies didn't buy them stuff"..
On seriously borrowed time now - don't want my baby to grow up:sad1:

Good luck to both of you looking for the must-haves! Wish I could help.:hug:

It's back in stock at hookedonornaments.com, but I refuse to pay $41 for a $12.50 item. I just know better now. Morgan probably won't even notice that it's not there...She's got so much other stuff.

We've been making the transition from the "big" stuff from Santa to the "big" stuff from us. As much as I want it to last forever, I know it won't :(

Sorry to hear you are not having any luck finding the ornament. I tried looking at my Kohl's a few days ago for you, but there was little there.

Another option to try is to just wait a day or two after Christmas as well, and see if any of those ornaments were returned to the store. December 26th is the biggest day for returns, after all! :) It is worth a shot! Maybe you can call ahead and ask, if one is returned, to put it on the side for you?

Just wanted to say NO LUCK with the ornament here in central NH. Sorry. I checked in the Concord, Manchester, and Goffstown areas. Hope you can find it somewhere............P

Sorry to hear you are not having any luck finding the ornament. I tried looking at my Kohl's a few days ago for you, but there was little there.

Another option to try is to just wait a day or two after Christmas as well, and see if any of those ornaments were returned to the store. December 26th is the biggest day for returns, after all! :) It is worth a shot! Maybe you can call ahead and ask, if one is returned, to put it on the side for you?

That's a good idea! I know they don't give you full price back for ornaments, but it's worth a shot. I will try that, thank you!

Holl, I called the Winchester Hess and nothing...:sad2:

Rhonda

Thanks again for checking. It really warms my heart that so many of my "imaginary" friends have my back. I will find it, someday. Next year, I will be far more vigilant and get it nice and early!

We only have 1 Hallmark store and I checked it and Books-A-Million the other day. I went to Walgreens today because they have Hallmark ornaments, but they only had a Hannah Montana one and a car one.

What you could do for this year is the two of you make an ornament together. I make an ornament for DS every year. I used to always cross stitch him one, but last year and this year I used my Cricut. This year I used a plain wood circle ornament from JoAnn's, painted it and then cut little tiny pieces from Life's a Beach and made a beach scene. This represented his scout summer trip to SeaBase in the Keys in July.

If you want a Disney Ornament I could pick one up and have your names and the year (2009) put on it when we are there in January- or I could have mother/daughter put on it.

Rebecca

We are going returning in the morning. I will look while I am out. You never know! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter