Official Wine and Dine 2017 thread

No strollers allowed during any rundisney race for safety reasons. You may see some disabled athletes on the course being pushed by aids, but that is a different scenario where they have rundisney's permission.

Years ago they allowed baby strollers during some 5ks but not anymore (that's what I was told the first time I had the same question as you.)

Edited to add what is on the official site:
  • For everyone's safety, selfie sticks, baby joggers, strollers, baby carriers, baby backpacks, skates, scooters, bicycles, skateboards, canes, crutches, walkers, walking sticks, and animals of any kind are prohibited from the course. Violators will be removed from the course and transported to the finish line area.
Wonder when they changed the stroller thing for 5K's? I know when I ran in 2013, they allowed them. I felt very slow when they passed me. :(

Wonder when they changed the stroller thing for 5K's? I know when I ran in 2013, they allowed them. I felt very slow when they passed me. :(

I've had that feeling too at local races! I'm not sure when it changed, but I looked into it for 2016 marathon weekend when I was wondering if I could push my kiddo. Ended up my kiddo hated me running with her in the stroller anyways...sigh.

Another questions:
Will Christmas decorations be up during the 2017 Wine & Dine?
In MK they likely will be, but I wouldn't count on them in other parks or resorts.

As for the stroller question, I think the races are just too big now - not a lot of room for strollers on a crowded course.

Really?? Wow that's crazy! I saw some food booths actually close up early because the area was empty! I didn't try to ride frozen though because we'd used a FP for it already. So we mostly just did soarin and ate/drank.

I also thought they could have put the DJ closer to world showcase like they did with the after hours event the year before. Would have felt more like a party I think? But, I know you said you didn't like dj's!
Honestly, I think I'm just old and cranky, and that was too late to be out for me, lol! ;) Next time, my plan is to get to EP in the late afternoon, enjoy some food and rides, stay for maybe an hour of the party, then skedaddle.

I'm signed up for the two course challenge again. Did it last year with friends. None of them wanted to do it again so It's a solo race for me.
DH who runs full marathons is coming to cheer me on the sideline. I'm surprised that it's not sold out yet.

I didn't realize that the registration would be so early. I was expecting March. Luckily, I happened to look at @rteetz info thread. I was going to register during the AP early time, since we both have APs. Anyway, I just registered for my first 5K, and I am running that whole darn 5k, even though I hate running. DH registered for his first half; he's done a full before. This will be our first Disney run. We will be there celebrating my birthday.

I apologize if these have been answered. I didn't see it in this thread though. It looks like the half finish may be in the Epcot parking lot. Is there any transportation to the finish from the hotels? We are staying at Beach Club. If the park's not open, then I can't get through IG to meet DH at the finish.

Also, I bought a ticket for the post-race party, but how do I get the physical ticket? I don't see anything on the website or in my confirmation email saying. There's some verbiage about shipping and will-call, but I don't remember selecting any option for this.

Thanks

Did anyone like the post race party last year? I didn't go. I guess I just didn't see the point for some extra ride time on Soarin, FEA and Test Track.

Yes please i would also like more feedback on the party - with no food included I would only do it for character meets...I saw some pictures and some were cool, but how is the consistency on those? I don't want to pay 80$ for Mickey and Minnie...

It was late 13 early 14- when the name changed from family fun runs.. and why?
To many injuries. Strollers runnimg people down,(saw that twice- it wasn't a opps tap) kids getting run over by their parents. Parents thinking it was okay to have their new walker cross the start line in corral a with their large group dead stopping causing a massive pile up (witnessed this one at princess)

Did anyone like the post race party last year? I didn't go. I guess I just didn't see the point for some extra ride time on Soarin, FEA and Test Track.

Yes please i would also like more feedback on the party - with no food included I would only do it for character meets...I saw some pictures and some were cool, but how is the consistency on those? I don't want to pay 80$ for Mickey and Minnie...

It wasn't for us. We got to EPCOT at 8:15ish to do Soarin' and watch Illuminations then went and got our party wristbands, line was long but not terrible. EPCOT closed at 9:00 to funnel regular guests out so we basically had to wait till 10 for booths to reopen and characters to come out. We weren't interested in the food booths that late but wanted to do the characters. We lined up with a group of 30+ behind the photopass photographer for Gepetto and Pinocchio well 10:00 came and no characters, finally our photopass person realized we were all in the wrong spot and we moved to where they were and now were in the back of an already long line so that alone took a long time for 1 character picture. We then saw the line for Dopey & SnowWhite and it was very long, longer than day time character lines. We skipped them and all the other ones because we were tired, got a snack at Norway's Bakery, rode Test Track Single rider and left at 12:30 I think, so 1.5 hrs. of the actual party and all we did was that.

The DJ by the fountain in future world was like a ghost town as most people seemed to be in the back of World Showcase. The food booths had shorter lines at the front of World Showcase too, seemed everyone was in the back by Germany when stuff reopened. We were just so tired, but I did read how people who came later and stayed later enjoyed it more, people said food booth lines moved fast. Character lines though I read did not move fast.

We only wanted character pics but the lines were so long we only got the 1 stop, plus they really weren't that unique of characters out. Remy and Emile were out but they had been out after each race too. They only had maybe 5 character groups out. The mariachi band was out in Mexico. I didn't like the DJ music blaring either, would have preferred the country music while in the countries.

They did have some merch. out for sale so if you didn't get something at the expo you had another chance for it. There was a Misfit photobooth thing (they had the expo too) by the fountain, but it was a ghost town as well.

We have only done one other after party to compare too and that was the party after Expedition Everest and it was more fun I think since we had just finished running and could quickly hop on the rides while people were still running, grab some photos, but I did crash at 1:00 for that too. I'm no night owl for sure.

SO, if you can nap during the day maybe it would be more fun as you wouldn't be so tired. Also, probably don't come early since the lull to change from day guests to party was nothing to do. The people walking in when were leaving had an empty front of World Showcase to start at unlike the people who got their early and hung out in the crowded back to get started.

We got there just before 7 and the line was small.
There is nothing special about the after party. There was a DJ.
But I love Epcot and walking around World Showcase.

I apologize if these have been answered. I didn't see it in this thread though. It looks like the half finish may be in the Epcot parking lot. Is there any transportation to the finish from the hotels? We are staying at Beach Club. If the park's not open, then I can't get through IG to meet DH at the finish.
Yes, there will be buses running from the hotels. Make sure to check out the event guide for timing information.

I'm a solid "meh" on the after-party; it was fine, but nothing exceptional. I'm an AP holder and semi-local, so I spend plenty of time in EP year-round: the ability to do rides wasn't a perk for me, but I think it would be for folks who'd otherwise need a ticket. I'm also pretty burnt out on the F&W Fest after many years of it, so that wasn't enticing to me, either. All of that no doubt colored my experience.

I arrived at EP around 6pm and entered on my AP. Grabbed dinner at Electric Umbrella and got in a few rides I FP'd. The park closed to day guests while I was on Soarin. When I got out, there was a line for folks turning in party tickets; only took a few minutes and I was all set. Me and my little group of friends made our way around WS slowly: it was pretty crowded and it was quite upbeat for the first hour or so. A lot of food lines were looong, so we only stopped at a couple booths. By the time we settled at some tables back in Germany for a bit, crowds were a little lighter and I'd describe the overall vibe as "tired" lol! LOTS of folks asleep on benches, lots more looking ready to crawl into bed. We did get on Frozen with only a 30 minute wait - that was at the end of the night. I don't do character meets, so I can't comment on that; I didn't pay any attention to who was there or how lines looked. In the end, I doubt I'll stay for much of the party next time. My 6-10pm window was just enough!

Do they mail the party tickets, or do you have to pick it up somewhere on property? I am doing the 5K, so I had to buy admission. Thanks

We went to the Food & Wine Festival Center and talked to cast members there and strolled through Future World while the day guest crowd was flushed out. We had photos with Fiesta Donald, had some dessert, road Soarin' and then headed back to France and had photos with Remy and Emile (and 10K medal from that weekend and the Remy 5K medallion from DLParis). It was nearly closing time but we tried to make it around world showcase to ride Frozen Ever After, but saw Gepetto with Pinocchio in Italy and stopped and danced and had photos and then continued towards Norway, but were distracted by Snow White and Dopey and had to dance and have photos with them. Then the music stopped and the party was over and we plodded along to the exit and the car in the parking lot. I am pretty sure we missed Mulan and Mushu in China. There's always next time!

Torn as to whether I will take the extra vacation day and spend another night for the party this year.

Do they mail the party tickets, or do you have to pick it up somewhere on property? I am doing the 5K, so I had to buy admission. Thanks

They mailed them for 2016. Some people didn't receive them and had to visit the Will Call at ESPN WWoS.

Is Swan and a Dolphin considered an "event host hotel"?

If not, could you walk to BC/YC or Boardwalk to get race transportation?

Is Swan and a Dolphin considered an "event host hotel"?

If not, could you walk to BC/YC or Boardwalk to get race transportation?

I thought I read that Swan/Dolphin were considered host hotels.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter