Official Wine and Dine 2017 thread

Is Swan and a Dolphin considered an "event host hotel"?

If not, could you walk to BC/YC or Boardwalk to get race transportation?
They were in January so I assume they will be for Wine & Dine. If not, then yes you can get the Transportation at Y&B or Boardwalk. Be aware that the Epcot resorts will share buses for some of the transportation during race weekend.

Well, I didn't think I'd be able to afford to register, but DH said go ahead. I was still holding out on principle, but when the AP registration was still open on the 13th I came back to the hotel and bit the bullet and registered for my second year of the challenge. (I was in CA for Light Side at the time.) I am surprised that everything is still available! This will be my third year doing W&D. I did the 1/2 a half. Then the first year of the challenge. I was hoping my husband would join me, but he seems to have opted not to. I still have to book the hotel for BFF and I, but other than that we are in for the fun weekend. It is one of my favorites with Food & Wine and the Christmas Party.

Last year for the after party we took a nap and then met friends for dinner at Yachtsman. The dinner was fabulous and I do love a good celebratory dinner. Plus, it was easy to get our wristband when we entered Epcot at IG after dinner vs. the lines in the parks. However, I am trying to decide if a celebratory dinner is worth it this year or just sticking to the booths and taking advantage of the party more this year. This would also give me more time to nap and prepare for the party. Last year we didn't last all that long and I think a lot of that has to do with exhaustion for the challenge and early mornings. We'll see what we decide.

Swan was a race resort last year. I know that as we stayed there and loved how short of a walk we had to our bus!

Did anyone like the post race party last year? I didn't go. I guess I just didn't see the point for some extra ride time on Soarin, FEA and Test Track.

I skipped a lot of it to watch fireworks at MK, so I didn't get there until close to 11. I rode some rides and got some food from one of the F&W booths (I think China?). I didn't know there were characters out, so I was a little disappointed when I found out, but overall it was fine. I hadn't been able to get a FP for Frozen, so I got in a relatively short line for that (20 minutes for the first ride, and then about 10 right after for a second ride). I certainly wouldn't pay extra for it, but as a night owl who was mainly looking to ride some rides without a wait it was fine.

No after party for us. But it's because we will be home already.
We are planning on hitting up a LOT of F&W booths the weekdays prior. And I'd love to do at least one Halloween party early in the week, so we aren't too sad about missing out. Hopefully our legs don't fall off before race days come :)

We are planning on hitting up a LOT of F&W booths the weekdays prior. And I'd love to do at least one Halloween party early in the week, so we aren't too sad about missing out. Hopefully our legs don't fall off before race days come :)

Every year, we say we'll take it easy ... then we walk the world the days prior to the half (and now the 10k too)

We're slow learners

I have a room on hold at Boardwalk as well. But I chose a standard view thinking it might be quieter?

As I'm booking on points - I had to go with what was available. I'm just happy I was able to get a room! We don't need a 1 Bedroom for 2 people as we usually only book studios but those are booked up so I'll take what I can get.

The standard views are pretty quiet!

Kind of wish the race was held in October so I could hit up a Halloween party. Went to one ages ago and I've heard good things about the current ones.

Booked ASMo again... did thu-sun as DSis and I are just doing the 10k though I'm on the fence about doing the 5k too... I figure if location/medal reveals/more on the theme come out and it's still open I'll do it ( I'm just worried I'll have a fomo moment if the 5k is figment)

Hello everyone! DH and I are in for the half. We were supposed to run the half during the WDW marathon weekend but, well, you know how it goes. At least we successfully deferred our registration to the W&D! We were wanting to do the half but rD was going to charge us an extra cancellation fee along with the price difference between the challenge and the half so we decided to 'just' do the half. It will be my 2nd half & DH's 1st (well 3rd and 2nd if you count our 'unofficial' half-marathon around the Epcot resorts on the day of the half) so we're excited!

Kind of wish the race was held in October so I could hit up a Halloween party. Went to one ages ago and I've heard good things about the current ones.

I thought about coming in on Halloween to do a Halloween party, but I won't have my kids with me so I don't want to miss Halloween with them. But I am dying to get to a Halloween party!

Has anyone stayed at Boardwalk Inn (not DVC) for a race before? My BFF and I both drink tea, not coffee, and normally use the food court at the resort to make a cup of tea before getting on the bus to the start. Will we have any options at Boardwalk for doing this or are we SOL?

Has anyone stayed at Boardwalk Inn (not DVC) for a race before? My BFF and I both drink tea, not coffee, and normally use the food court at the resort to make a cup of tea before getting on the bus to the start. Will we have any options at Boardwalk for doing this or are we SOL?

I thought most of the hotels, mode & deluxe, have coffee makers and tea bags. If not, you could bring some with you and use the coffee maker. They work with regular tea bags.

I thought most of the hotels, mode & deluxe, have coffee makers and tea bags. If not, you could bring some with you and use the coffee maker. They work with regular tea bags.

There are (or were) teabags in the rooms at Boardwalk last year during the W&D.

A quick call can always get you more ... or just ask housekeeping when you see them in the halls.

There are (or were) teabags in the rooms at Boardwalk last year during the W&D.

A quick call can always get you more ... or just ask housekeeping when you see them in the halls.

Getting tea bags is easy enough normally. Those even pack easily if necessary. However, my problem is where to get hot water. I can't do the coffee makers as I can taste the coffee in it and that is not bueno, especially the morning of a race! LOL! Darn me and my need for a proper cup of tea! I might have to spring for a collapsible electric kettle. (Yes, they do exist...thank you Amazon for that revelation.)

Getting tea bags is easy enough normally. Those even pack easily if necessary. However, my problem is where to get hot water. I can't do the coffee makers as I can taste the coffee in it and that is not bueno, especially the morning of a race! LOL! Darn me and my need for a proper cup of tea! I might have to spring for a collapsible electric kettle. (Yes, they do exist...thank you Amazon for that revelation.)

I understand that issue. I bring my own tea, because I am kind of picky about brands. I drink tea every morning, even on vacation, even if it's 100+ degrees outside. I usually try to bring something pretty strong and flavorful, like maybe a chai, to help knock out the coffee flavor. I have a bigger electric kettle that I have though about bringing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter