Official Wine and Dine 2017 thread

In a word... yes.

I thought the link from the RunDisney page took you to log in to your Annual Passholder account. From there, the AP benefits page for the RunDisney early registration link took you back to a different RunDisney page with links to race registration? You had to find the URL to the last registration page to bypass the AP verification. So, for someone without inside information as to the direct link, there are controls in place to prevent early registration. In addition, I have heard that they do screen at least some portion of the AP early registrations for active APs and will cancel registrations that don't have them. Is that accurate?

So question. I signed up yesterday through the AP link and it never asked me for my annual pass but I'm registered. So does that mean, anyone could have registered yesterday or does ACTIVE know that I'm an AP holder some how???? I'm signed up for the 5k and Challenge
I did mine Thursday at noon from the active link in the thread here as going through the actual AP page I kept getting the stitch ate the page screen
That said the actual active registration page DID have a check box asking if you were AP or DVC

I thought the link from the RunDisney page took you to log in to your Annual Passholder account. From there, the AP benefits page for the RunDisney early registration link took you back to a different RunDisney page with links to race registration? You had to find the URL to the last registration page to bypass the AP verification. So, for someone without inside information as to the direct link, there are controls in place to prevent early registration. In addition, I have heard that they do screen at least some portion of the AP early registrations for active APs and will cancel registrations that don't have them. Is that accurate?
Nope, no login required. The AP benefits page is open to the general public, and the link to rD's early registration page is there for all to see. I've heard the same about screening... I have serious doubts that that ever occurs, but it could happen, I suppose.

Today's registration asked me if I was AP, DVC, cast member as well and I just clicked no. So it's probably the same exact form as early registration.

I'm guessing I could have registered early "illegally" but I kind of thought "better safe than sorry."

Nope, no login required. The AP benefits page is open to the general public, and the link to rD's early registration page is there for all to see. I've heard the same about screening... I have serious doubts that that ever occurs, but it could happen, I suppose.

Yes, this is true. I have been watching the publicly-available AP/DVC early registration page for over a year now to see which races sell-out quickly during early registration. I found the link on one of the public Disney marketing webpages that discusses AP benefits.

Would people really chance the possibility of losing their registration fee by clicking on the AP/DVC box during early registration? I definitely wouldn't. For one, it's just wrong. And two, you would be gambling that runDisney won't find that you are cheating. I imagine they screen them in some way, even if only to spot check a certain percentage. Or maybe, they check the ones that don't pass a quick, automated AP/DVC list comparison. In any case, it's a lot of money to gamble just to get early registration. And I imagine they might restrict you from future races as well if they catch you cheating. Not worth it in any case... just wait a week for normal registration.

FTR I am an AP holder, have been for decades, and I don't advocate using the link if you're not AP: since nobody knows for sure what rD does/doesn't do re: screening, it's taking a chance. But rD has taken no pains to secure the AP URL for early registration.

I'm not worried because I am DVC and AP so if they check, I'm good to go, but I just find it odd. Disney checks the hell out of an ID to get 15% off food and beverage at quick serve places just to save a $1.50 but for a race that $300 bucks for early registration or whatever, there is no checking. Just seems odd that its marketed as a DVC/AP benefit but it isn't really it seems. Oh well. I'm just happy I'm registered but dang.. none of these races are selling out this year!!! What's up with that? Too expensive anymore?

I'm not worried because I am DVC and AP so if they check, I'm good to go, but I just find it odd. Disney checks the hell out of an ID to get 15% off food and beverage at quick serve places just to save a $1.50 but for a race that $300 bucks for early registration or whatever, there is no checking. Just seems odd that its marketed as a DVC/AP benefit but it isn't really it seems. Oh well. I'm just happy I'm registered but dang.. none of these races are selling out this year!!! What's up with that? Too expensive anymore?

I have a feeling the "no deferrals" definitely makes a big difference in people waiting as long as possible to commit. I'm waiting as long as humanly possibly to sign up for a fall half marathon in my own city to make sure I'm not injured/ready for the training/ready to drop the dough, etc etc.
Edited to add that yes, the $$$ is probably contributing as well.

I'm surprised nothing sold out. I remember two years ago (the last of the night races) the 1/2 sold out in the first hour. I'm guessing that various factors involved, including expense and time of the race have something to do with this series not selling out. I miss the night races. I loathe that we have to board a bus at 2-2:30am to get to a corral for a 5:30am race. I would rather run late at night! Plus we used to have EPOCT (and Hollywood Studios after the Tower of Terror 10 miler) all to ourselves.

Definitely wish I could have done a night race! Everyone seemed to love them except, Disney.
I know Everest got cut cause of Pandora and this race got changed due to AKs later hours + Star Wars construction
I really wish they would come up with a new race they could logistically do

Maybe this has been discussed, but ... Does anyone know if a theme has been decided for the challenge or is the theme "Two Course" as in a two course meal the theme?

Hi all. We registered for the 10k and assumed that the post-race party was included, but obviously found out that it's not unless you're running the half. I am assuming that there are no discounts offered for 10k runners, AP holders or DVCers? Additionally, can anyone give me an idea of when the post-race party sells out? I'd love to buy our tickets a few days in advance when I know the weather will be favorable, but, well, it's Disney and I'm expecting it sells out months in advance. Any ideas of what to expect? Thanks!!

I'm surprised nothing sold out. I remember two years ago (the last of the night races) the 1/2 sold out in the first hour. I'm guessing that various factors involved, including expense and time of the race have something to do with this series not selling out. I miss the night races. I loathe that we have to board a bus at 2-2:30am to get to a corral for a 5:30am race. I would rather run late at night! Plus we used to have EPOCT (and Hollywood Studios after the Tower of Terror 10 miler) all to ourselves.
That's exactly why I was so stressed out this morning! I remember 2 years ago it sold out so fast, I was so thankful to get in (even though it turned out to be half of the half).

I got registered for Wine and Dine last night (mom realized there were some DVC spots available) and my roommate was able to sign up for The 10k tonight so we're both in for the weekend! This is going to be my pre-Dopey prep race just to make sure I'm feeling good and ready for Dopey!

The party is really only admission to the park - headliner attractions will be running and festival booths will be open, but you'll need to pay for food and drinks; they aren't included.

Wow, really? That's kind of disappointing. I guess I thought it was like getting a dessert party ticket. I'm not so sure I'd be able to stay awake till midnight, after getting up at 3:30 am, and this doesn't really sound like the incentive to do so.

I signed up for the 5k. Any word on whether it will still be Christmas themed or the course. The name change to fall fest is confusing.

I have to say I'm surprised nothing has so out as Wine & Dine is a typically race weekend where all races sell out within hours! However I am not going to lie, I think this new trend of races being open for days/weeks/months is a great thing!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter