***Official*** Pandora: The World of Avatar Information Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I reviewed our experience from last weekend on pg 403. I did exactly what the folks on this thread said and it worked just like they said! Be there no later than 8am for a 9am opening, FOP then River Journey. We did that and were done by 9:20. (Just like the experts said!)

This is very helpful for our planning, thank you!! :)

Sorry if this has been ask previously - Rider Swap is available for FoP, correct? How many riders are allowed with the swap pass?

Also, is the boarding area stationary? I'm assuming it is, but just want to verify. My uncle will be with us on our upcoming trip, and he needs some help on moving platforms. TIA!

Sorry if this has been ask previously - Rider Swap is available for FoP, correct? How many riders are allowed with the swap pass?

Also, is the boarding area stationary? I'm assuming it is, but just want to verify. My uncle will be with us on our upcoming trip, and he needs some help on moving platforms. TIA!

Rider Switch is available. The pass lets 3 people use the FastPass+ entrance for the 2nd ride.
There are no moving platforms on either ride in Pandora.

I reviewed our experience from last weekend on pg 403. I did exactly what the folks on this thread said and it worked just like they said! Be there no later than 8am for a 9am opening, FOP then River Journey. We did that and were done by 9:20. (Just like the experts said!)

Thanks! I was planning to get there for 8 so I'm glad to hear it worked out for you. I'm hoping crowds will be a little less crazy in September than they are now. We have a fastpass for NRJ but later in the afternoon at 1:50 (after lunch at Y&Y). If I can get both done in the morning before my 10:15 EE FP that would be amazing!

Last edited:

It seems there is no Pandora benefit with Tusker House pre park opening reservations? On 9:00 openings, Pandora is opening around 8:45 from front of park guests?

It seems there is no Pandora benefit with Tusker House pre park opening reservations? On 9:00 openings, Pandora is opening around 8:45 from front of park guests?
They've typically been opening the tapstiles between 8:15 and 8:20 and holding guests at the bridge to Pandora. So if you went to breakfast you would likely be at the back of a large group of people when they drop the rope into Pandora, which has been happening around 8:40 recently.

TouringPlans is currently forecasting only a 35 minute wait at 10am for FOP in late October, but at 10am today the wait time is 171 min on Touring Plans (150 min on Disney). So, our suggested Touring Plan is Expedition Everest, Na'vi, then FOP. That seems like an awfully optimistic forecasted drop in wait times. Too good to be true? Wondering if we should skip that advice and do FOP, Na'vi, and then head over to EE. Especially since it sounds like I can't rely on FP+ to help much? (Since FP are scarce for this ride and we want to leave the park by 3pm) Any thoughts or advice?

Last edited:
TouringPlans is currently forecasting only a 35 minute wait at 10am for FOP in late October, but at 10am today the wait time is 171 min on Touring Plans (150 min on Disney). So, our suggested Touring Plan is Expedition Everest, Na'vi, then FOP. That seems like an awfully optimistic forecasted drop in wait times. Too good to be true? Wondering if we should skip that advice and do FOP, Na'vi, and then head over to EE. Especially since it sounds like I can't rely on FP+ to help much? Any thoughts or advice?
Wait... do you have a FP for FoP? If not, I would personally RD FoP for sure! By 9:20/9:30 I keep seeing 3 hr waits on FoP. I've never used TP plans so I can't speak to that... ...

TouringPlans is currently forecasting only a 35 minute wait at 10am for FOP in late October, but at 10am today the wait time is 171 min on Touring Plans (150 min on Disney). So, our suggested Touring Plan is Expedition Everest, Na'vi, then FOP. That seems like an awfully optimistic forecasted drop in wait times. Too good to be true? Wondering if we should skip that advice and do FOP, Na'vi, and then head over to EE. Especially since it sounds like I can't rely on FP+ to help much? Any thoughts or advice?

That is incredibly unlikely, and sounds like horrible advice. If you can't get a FP+ for FOP, get there early for rope drop, do FOP first and then Na'Vi, then head to Everest. If you want get FP+ for Na'Vi and come back later to do it that would work too.

Our EMH FoP Experience Saturday 7/22/2017 - We did not have FPs. We were staying at BLT. We were at the bus stop by 6:30 and on the bus at 6:35. We arrived at AK at 6:52. We were among the first few at security which didn't open until 7:30. We got right through security. We were through the tapstyles at 7:40 but held behind the CMs for a bit. We walked under the entrance to FoP at 7:55 and at that point standby said 60 minutes. We walked through the queue. We were in an assigned line by 8:00 and in the GMR section by 8:05. We were off the ride and exiting by 8:20. At that point standby said 135 minutes. Loved the ride and glad we got up and out so early.

Hi- we are going in August & plan to go to EMH at AK. We want to go to Navi river journey. Is there a separate line or path to do that or will we be swept up in the huge crowd going to FOP?

What time should we get there for an 8am EMH if we are not going to FOP?

Sorry - I wrote that a tad clunky. We are 87 days from our trip, but I mentioned that FP+ may not help much since I'm reading posts that they are very scarce for that ride.

That is incredibly unlikely, and sounds like horrible advice. If you can't get a FP+ for FOP, get there early for rope drop, do FOP first and then Na'Vi, then head to Everest. If you want get FP+ for Na'Vi and come back later to do it that would work too.
Thanks for your input! I have loved Touring Plans and found it spot on for our last trip. We were able to accomplish all kinds of things in short periods of time by following their advice. Love so much about the site. But, it does seem like they have an issue with forecasting for FoP and Na'Vi. I hope they fix it soon or it may cause issues for some. Glad I knew just enough to ask people who know a lot more. ;)

I like your idea of FoP, Everest, and then a FP+ for Na'Vi. That sounds like a pretty good option for us. Thanks again!

Bowen9475 - Thanks so much for sharing your experience! That helps a lot!

Coming up on my 60 day fp date. What is the earliest times available for FOP fp? I remember the Frozen ride in Epcot never had fp available before 11:00 when it first opened. Are people able to get 9:00 or 10:00 fp for FOP or only later? Thanks

Coming up on my 60 day fp date. What is the earliest times available for FOP fp? I remember the Frozen ride in Epcot never had fp available before 11:00 when it first opened. Are people able to get 9:00 or 10:00 fp for FOP or only later? Thanks
I was able to get a 9am FOP FP on an 8am EMH morning. So I would say that the FP start at official park opening time, not like Frozen.

Our EMH FoP Experience Saturday 7/22/2017 - We did not have FPs. We were staying at BLT. We were at the bus stop by 6:30 and on the bus at 6:35. We arrived at AK at 6:52. We were among the first few at security which didn't open until 7:30. We got right through security. We were through the tapstyles at 7:40 but held behind the CMs for a bit. We walked under the entrance to FoP at 7:55 and at that point standby said 60 minutes. We walked through the queue. We were in an assigned line by 8:00 and in the GMR section by 8:05. We were off the ride and exiting by 8:20. At that point standby said 135 minutes. Loved the ride and glad we got up and out so early.

Thanks for all the specifics here. VERY helpful.

In case anyone is tracking, we had our AK day today and it went amazing. A little grumbling from dh and kids about getting up and out. Left YC around 7:40 and drove to AK. We were through bag check fairly quickly and waited in line to enter park till around 8:20. It didn't take us that long to get through and we followed the herd to pandora. We weren't up front but weren't far back either...dh could see the front CMs but I couldn't (vertically challenged).

They dropped the rope around 8:40 and 90% headed to FOP while we stayed straight to Na'vi. Thanks to all who recommended me fp FOP. We we were on and off Na'vi by 8:50 and off to safari. On our way out we noticed line for FOP was already 3 hours!!!! We went commando today because of limited time but did Na'vi, safari, Everest, Kali, FOLK, FOP, and dinosaur all before 1:30!and that is with a stop for lunch at the QS place in pandora. It is hot so we opted to head back to swim instead of doing more or doing trails, may head back tonight to see it all lit up. Hope this helps those who are planning! Only fp we used were for FOP and dinosaur. Have a safari tonight if we head over.

Wanted to add for those ride wimps. I can barely tolerate soarin because i sometimes feel like I'm going to fall. I was a bit concerned about FOP but it was amazing!!!! LOVED IT! I think the locking in secure feeling of the bike set up helped me. I may have closed my eyes once or twice but barely. Totally worth it and would love to go again some day!

I am coming down for a quick 2 1/2 day trip to ride The Great Movie Ride and Ellen before they close. I would love to see Pandora. How are PM EMH?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter