***Official*** Pandora: The World of Avatar Information Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
PM EMH is good but I would focus on FoP first. Get in line right when EMH starts for FoP then after look to go on NRJ if you still have time.

To piggyback on the other posters question...

I also just booked a last minute 2 day trip. We land at 9am on a Saturday and it is our AK day. Why would you suggest doing FOP at the start of emh instead of waiting for the last 30mins to hop in line? Pandora is out focus and we don't have FPs since we booked 10 days out.

To piggyback on the other posters question...

I also just booked a last minute 2 day trip. We land at 9am on a Saturday and it is our AK day. Why would you suggest doing FOP at the start of emh instead of waiting for the last 30mins to hop in line? Pandora is out focus and we don't have FPs since we booked 10 days out.
If you want to ride both attractions I would do FoP first and NRJ second. NRJ goes down to essentially a walk on closer to the end of EMH.

If we get there first thing in the morning how much time on average should we allocate to FOP and NRJ?

We were hoping to do breakfast afterwards what would be a good time to try and book a reservation?

If we get there first thing in the morning how much time on average should we allocate to FOP and NRJ?

We were hoping to do breakfast afterwards what would be a good time to try and book a reservation?
Are you trying to standby both? If so you are looking at decent waits for both. I can't say for sure how much time it will take since it changes frequently but you might want to look at doing one ride go for breakfast then come back and do the other.

Are you trying to standby both? If so you are looking at decent waits for both. I can't say for sure how much time it will take since it changes frequently but you might want to look at doing one ride go for breakfast then come back and do the other.

We will be staying on property and I will attempt to get fast passes as early as I can. Even if EMH are offered in December when I go we plan on being there As early as possible. 2 people.

We will be staying on property and I will attempt to get fast passes as early as I can. Even if EMH are offered in December when I go we plan on being there at rope drop. 2 people.
Its hard to say right now because the rope drop procedures have changed from day to day. There have been some recent rope drop accounts on this thread on the last few pages.

Wife and I had EMH access. Park hours are 8-9 am for EMH.

Got to Bag check ar 6:15 am. Only a handful of guests there. 7:30 pm, bag check opened but we were first in line so got sent to the metal detectors. Dozens of people passed us to the Magic band taps at the gate. We were still among the first 100 people to enter the park.
At 7:45 we were let in and guided to the tree of life. By 7:47 we were walking to FOP and standby was posted as 60 minutes but we were out of the ride by 8:10 am at latest.

Navi river Journey was a 10 minute posted standby, and we were out of that by 8:30 am.

My advice to EMH guests - don't worry about being at bag check by 6:30. 7 pm and even 7:15 pm still gets you in the first couple hundred of people to enter the park.

Hi all, I appreciate all of the rope drop reports! We are going to and EMH morning and want to do what @KramerDSP was able to do. I've read a lot about bag check being an issue. Should we try to go bagless? Will that make a big difference? I'm sure that DS and I will be fine, but I'm not sure if my sister will be up for it.

We will be staying on property and I will attempt to get fast passes as early as I can. Even if EMH are offered in December when I go we plan on being there As early as possible. 2 people.
EasyWDW just did a rope drop review- should be the first one on his page. It has what he did and what he suggests for timing.

We are going to be in AK Aug. 30, We were unable to get Fastpasses FOP , but do have 8:00 reservations at Tusker House...If we can head over to Pandora by 8:40 is that really enough the be able to ride FOP with out a terrible wait? Trying to figure out a plan:) Thank you for any insight!

We are going to be in AK Aug. 30, We were unable to get Fastpasses FOP , but do have 8:00 reservations at Tusker House...If we can head over to Pandora by 8:40 is that really enough the be able to ride FOP with out a terrible wait? Trying to figure out a plan:) Thank you for any insight!
By 8:40 there will be thousands in front of you and likely a 2+ hour wait.

During the morning EMH, the other sections of the park are open, right? Has anyone noticed how the lines are elsewhere during EMH? I have 2 FOP and 1 Na'vi FP during our 2 week trip, so I was thinking of using the EMH to ride Everest multiple times and then head to safari right before regular opening.

Speaking of Touring Plans I just updated my Epcot day since Mission Space will now be open and it suggested I go to Figment first instead of Test Track or Soarin. Um no. Now it says at 11am Figment will have a 15 minute wait. What world is TP living in?? :rotfl:

Send me a link to the plan, please. I'll be happy to take a look: len at touringplans.

Any word yet if Pandora EMH will get extended past August 19th?
I'm anxiously awaiting for an update myself.
My expectation is EMH of some sort will be added, but not nightly like they've had.
But it would sure be nice to know.
Hard to believe they will not have any EMH at all after 8/19 and also hard to believe that as of 7/28 they don't know what they plan to do

For those who haves used FP for FOP, how long did you wait to get on the ride? Our son is going to be too short to ride on our upcoming trip, so I am reluctant to book a fastpass if he's going to have to spend a long time waiting in a queue for something he can't ride.

For those who haves used FP for FOP, how long did you wait to get on the ride? Our son is going to be too short to ride on our upcoming trip, so I am reluctant to book a fastpass if he's going to have to spend a long time waiting in a queue for something he can't ride.
If he's too short, he won't be allowed in the queue.

As soon as you get the Rider Swap pass, your DS and the adult can head somewhere else.

I'm anxiously awaiting for an update myself.
My expectation is EMH of some sort will be added, but not nightly like they've had.
But it would sure be nice to know.
Hard to believe they will not have any EMH at all after 8/19 and also hard to believe that as of 7/28 they don't know what they plan to do
Hopefully they get smart enough to keep all of AK open for late EMH if they keep it. What they're doing now seems ludicrous based on accounts and wait times.

Has this been posted, and I missed it (very likely as I haven't been reading every single post lately)? Sorry if a repeat
The Single Rider sign is covered at FoP. So signs still pointing to this not ever being used, as reported by several CM during opening week
Has other word come out? Or did they just cover it to stop questions for now?

animal_kingdom_9am_rope_drop_pandora_disney-33.jpg

Don't do this. Cancel your ADR and get to AK as soon as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter