***Official*** Pandora: The World of Avatar Information Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for your input! I have loved Touring Plans and found it spot on for our last trip. We were able to accomplish all kinds of things in short periods of time by following their advice. Love so much about the site. But, it does seem like they have an issue with forecasting for FoP and Na'Vi. I hope they fix it soon or it may cause issues for some. Glad I knew just enough to ask people who know a lot more. ;)
Touring Plans is quite good. I think in this aspect their 35 minute estimate is just a guess right now. I can't see wait times dropping that much. They might drop some but probably not that much.

I am coming down for a quick 2 1/2 day trip to ride The Great Movie Ride and Ellen before they close. I would love to see Pandora. How are PM EMH?
PM EMH is good but I would focus on FoP first. Get in line right when EMH starts for FoP then after look to go on NRJ if you still have time.

Hi- we are going in August & plan to go to EMH at AK. We want to go to Navi river journey. Is there a separate line or path to do that or will we be swept up in the huge crowd going to FOP?

What time should we get there for an 8am EMH if we are not going to FOP?
97% of people there for rope drop are there for FOP. No need to be there 1+ hour beforehand if you are only interested in Na'vi. I'd say getting there by 7:40 should be sufficient. When coming up to Pandora just stay to the left. If they haven't dropped the rope yet there will be a large crowd of people. Be on the far left because when they do drop the rope the crowd will be led forward. There is a fork in the road shortly after entering the land. Everyone going to FOP will be led off to the right at the fork. The few heading to Na'vi go off to the left. You will walk on the ride.

I just booked a quick weekend in August and of course, there are no FP left for anything in Pandora. I did get a ROL FP. There are EMH that evening 10-12. Do they offer FP during EMH?

Heading to WDW December 16 and Pandora is my #1 priority. I would like to expierence both rides and more than once if possible.

The comments on the thread have been very helpful. So the objective is to be there very very early. Do I need a fast pass if I'm going to be their at rope drop? Thanks in advance.

TouringPlans is currently forecasting only a 35 minute wait at 10am for FOP in late October, but at 10am today the wait time is 171 min on Touring Plans (150 min on Disney). So, our suggested Touring Plan is Expedition Everest, Na'vi, then FOP. That seems like an awfully optimistic forecasted drop in wait times. Too good to be true? Wondering if we should skip that advice and do FOP, Na'vi, and then head over to EE. Especially since it sounds like I can't rely on FP+ to help much? (Since FP are scarce for this ride and we want to leave the park by 3pm) Any thoughts or advice?

I've asked the stats team to look at this forecast. They said they're looking at it, and we should have an update within a week.

We did RD on Tuesday July 18th. It was a lot busier than I expected. It was our last park day, and the busiest out of all the other days.
We got there at 8, but there were a LOT of people already there.
They let us in at 8:20ish I think, and then to the next stop before entering Pandora around 8:45ish.
We split up and 3 of us did FOP and grabbed a child swap, the others did NRJ. My sons and I did the FOP, and they skipped the Avatar in the tank, I was disappointed. I am guessing they directed us thru the FP line?
Our wait was under 20, we also got called ahead as a group of 3.
My DDs walked straight on to NRJ.
After, DDs used the swap for FOP, and I took DS5 and DGS on to NRJ. WE waited 30 minutes. It was brutal, worst SB wait the whole trip. I almost quit but saw the end ahead.
We did FOP later with our FPs, quick waits, enjoyed the ride.
Only complaint by all, the glasses....

I've asked the stats team to look at this forecast. They said they're looking at it, and we should have an update within a week.
Great! I was just thinking that I should try to contact someone with Touring Plans to see if they were aware. LOVE the site and have spent an embarrassing amount of time on it both for our last trip and this upcoming one. ;)

Thanks great! I had also noticed that the times for the Pandora rides looked to be very off on my upcoming trip's touring plans.

Speaking of Touring Plans I just updated my Epcot day since Mission Space will now be open and it suggested I go to Figment first instead of Test Track or Soarin. Um no. Now it says at 11am Figment will have a 15 minute wait. What world is TP living in?? :rotfl:

Speaking of Touring Plans I just updated my Epcot day since Mission Space will now be open and it suggested I go to Figment first instead of Test Track or Soarin. Um no. Now it says at 11am Figment will have a 15 minute wait. What world is TP living in?? :rotfl:

Touring plan is so off that I am starting to hate it. At AK, the "optimized" plan wants me to ride Everest first at 9am, walk all the way back to Pandora to do NRJ at 9:30am with a 10 minute wait, and then FOP at 9:50am with a 35 minute wait. :rolleyes2:crazy:

Touring plan is so off that I am starting to hate it. At AK, the "optimized" plan wants me to ride Everest first at 9am, walk all the way back to Pandora to do NRJ at 9:30am with a 10 minute wait, and then FOP at 9:50am with a 35 minute wait. :rolleyes2:crazy:

I thought that I was doing something wrong when I saw the suggestions that I was getting. I still am glad that I signed up, but I think I'll skip the personalized touring plans.

I thought that I was doing something wrong when I saw the suggestions that I was getting. I still am glad that I signed up, but I think I'll skip the personalized touring plans.
Just do not Optimize them. Only Evaluate. The Optimize simply doesn't work. Or at least has never worked for me. A case of the computer really doesn't know more than a human.

When I optimized mine it told me rope drop Dinosaur and then make my way to Pandora LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter