OFFICIAL NOVEMBER 2017 THREAD

HUGE Happy Dance! Had my fast pass day last Saturday am and couldn't get FOP for my Nov. 15-19 trip for any day for my family and me. This evening I went over all the fast passes with my parents and younger sister letting them know "bummer we couldn't get it and I'll keep checking every once in a while…" Lo and behold, I get home, randomly check and I was able to get a four person fast pass for FOP on the first day were going to be at Animal Kingdom on the 16th and at a time we wanted! Super stoked! Had to share…

:jumping1::jumping1:

ETA: Just read through the last couple of pages about the FOP opening more FP+s... no wonder! Still stoked...

Last edited:
Magic bands ship out around day 30 right? OMG I'm so excited, we are getting so close!

Also, I got my FOP fastpasses too! There were tons available all day! I hope this doesn't mean the fastpass line will be really long.

Question... I booked the fastpass for FOP for 9:40, and I have a ADR at TH at 11:30. Is this too close?

Magic bands ship out around day 30 right? OMG I'm so excited, we are getting so close!

Also, I got my FOP fastpasses too! There were tons available all day! I hope this doesn't mean the fastpass line will be really long.

Question... I booked the fastpass for FOP for 9:40, and I have a ADR at TH at 11:30. Is this too close?

TH isn’t that far from pandora so you should be fine. I would hit FOP early in the window just in case the fp line is long.

TH isn’t that far from pandora so you should be fine. I would hit FOP early in the window just in case the fp line is long.
Shoot, I forgot to add that we will be doing a rider swap since my daughter is too short to ride. So that means we would have to wait in the FP line twice, right?

Shoot, I forgot to add that we will be doing a rider swap since my daughter is too short to ride. So that means we would have to wait in the FP line twice, right?
You should still be fine - even if FP line is 30 minutes the walk over to TH is quick (go over bridge that comes out by Lion King show.). If time does run out on you the rider switch pass is good for later time. Unless they do the rider switch where you all wait together then one goes on while other waits with child inside the building- then you only waits through the line once. They do that with ToT - all wait together, then a CM takes you down to where the ride exits, you wait until family member is done riding then CM takes you back to get right on ride - only wait in line once and a ride cycle- very quick and easy.

You should still be good & if you don’t think you have enough time, you can always take the rider swap pass & do it after TH.

You should still be fine - even if FP line is 30 minutes the walk over to TH is quick (go over bridge that comes out by Lion King show.). If time does run out on you the rider switch pass is good for later time. Unless they do the rider switch where you all wait together then one goes on while other waits with child inside the building- then you only waits through the line once. They do that with ToT - all wait together, then a CM takes you down to where the ride exits, you wait until family member is done riding then CM takes you back to get right on ride - only wait in line once and a ride cycle- very quick and easy.

You should still be good & if you don’t think you have enough time, you can always take the rider swap pass & do it after TH.

Thanks! I actually put it in my touring plans and the plans said i even have enough time to catch lion king the musical before the TH reservation. I'm kind of doubting that, but I feel better about the timing.

This week last year we were in Disney. It was SO HOT. This week here in Michigan, it has been very similar to Orlando last year.
95 degrees, humid, blazing sun.

Poor DD had a cross country meet today. I have never heard so much labored breathing and whimpering during the race. In fact, this is DD's 4th year on the team and I don't think I've ever heard actual whimpering from kids who were running. Many kids didn't even finish, they couldn't make it. A number passed out.

I was feeling that desperate "I need to get in AC for a bit, here" feeling, but there was nowhere to go. There wasn't even any shade! I told DH if I was that hot, I should be walking to Splash Mountain. LOL.

Average temp for this time of year in our area is 70. Ugh.

This week last year we were in Disney. It was SO HOT. This week here in Michigan, it has been very similar to Orlando last year.
95 degrees, humid, blazing sun.

Poor DD had a cross country meet today. I have never heard so much labored breathing and whimpering during the race. In fact, this is DD's 4th year on the team and I don't think I've ever heard actual whimpering from kids who were running. Many kids didn't even finish, they couldn't make it. A number passed out.

I was feeling that desperate "I need to get in AC for a bit, here" feeling, but there was nowhere to go. There wasn't even any shade! I told DH if I was that hot, I should be walking to Splash Mountain. LOL.

Average temp for this time of year in our area is 70. Ugh.
We are in Canada and it's the same, so hot right now! I want my Fall 70's weather to come back, lol. :)

It was hot here in Jersey too. I can’t imagine running in this heat. My son had a fall ball game & I was dying just watching him.

Super hot in PA today too! We had such lovely fall weather a week or so ago and now it's warmer than it was most of the summer! :sunny:

HUGE Happy Dance! Had my fast pass day last Saturday am and couldn't get FOP for my Nov. 15-19 trip for any day for my family and me. This evening I went over all the fast passes with my parents and younger sister letting them know "bummer we couldn't get it and I'll keep checking every once in a while…" Lo and behold, I get home, randomly check and I was able to get a four person fast pass for FOP on the first day were going to be at Animal Kingdom on the 16th and at a time we wanted! Super stoked! Had to share…

:jumping1::jumping1:

ETA: Just read through the last couple of pages about the FOP opening more FP+s... no wonder! Still stoked...
Thank you for posting this!!!! I went back and checked for my day, Nov. 19th, and sure enough was able to get FOP!!!! :)

Does anyone by chance have a Be Our Guest dinner reservation they are looking to get rid of for November 29th? I have one November 26th at 4:25 pm I could swap.

Does anyone by chance have a Be Our Guest dinner reservation they are looking to get rid of for November 29th? I have one November 26th at 4:25 pm I could swap.

I wouldn't rely on "swapping". The disney system is not perfect and can have a lag time. You both would run the risk of losing your ADRs. Good luck finding your ADR! I'm still hoping for a lunchtime BOG on 11/28!

Hi November friends! I'm looking for a Be Our Guest dinner reservation on November 28th (pre-party) between 4-6 pm for 6 people. I have a BOG lunch that day that I could trade, so it might be good for someone who wanted BOG lunch instead of BOG dinner? PM me if you have a BOG dinner you are thinking about dropping. My family thanks you in advance :-)

Before I put it on the reservation board, I have the following to drop:

Sunday, November 26
Bon Voyage Breakfast
7:45am
4 guests
**SUCCESSFUL TRANSFER**

Monday, November 27
The Plaza Restaurant (MK)
3:15pm
6 guests

Saturday, December 2
Be Our Guest PPO
8:45am
2 guests
**SUCCESSFUL TRANSFER**

Alternatively, I am looking for a BOG dinner for 6 on Saturday, November 26th OR Tuesday, November 28th (we have party tickets so anytime before 5:30 is ideal)

Last edited:
I am so very thankful for everyone that posts on these boards!! Our tickets start Nov. 26 but we have a room only Nov. 24-25. I was under the impression that FP's worked like dining reservations and it was based on tickets and such, so I was gonna plan today and book mine Wednesday morning. But last night I read posts where there was discussion and questions and that it in fact is based on check-in date even with room only, which was this morning. So I hurriedly planned til 1:30 this morning and got up at 5:30 cst to be ready for 6am and sure enough, mine allowed it. Thankfully I got SDMT (3 days) and both FOP and Nav'i for different days and others we were wanting. I managed to get everything we wanted from Nov 26-Dec 2!!!!

So thank you if you were a part of the room only versus package FP discussion. It saved me so much headache.

Before I put it on the reservation board, I have the following to drop:

Sunday, November 26
Bon Voyage Breakfast
7:45am
4 guests

Monday, November 27
The Plaza Restaurant (MK)
3:15pm
6 guests

Saturday, December 2
Be Our Guest PPO
8:45am
2 guests

Alternatively, I am looking for a BOG dinner for 6 on Saturday, November 26th OR Tuesday, November 28th (we have party tickets so anytime before 5:30 is ideal)

Pm'd you about the Bon Voyage!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter