OFFICIAL NOVEMBER 2017 THREAD

Oh no! That's cutting it close but I've read that if some of your party shows up for your ADR you don't get charged the $10pp cancellation fee for the rest. So if you keep it and they don't make it you don't get the fee. I'm not sure if that was your main concern or if you'd rather move back the 1900.

We plan on eating there no matter what but I don't want them to feel rushed. They won't have K's car seat so Uber and Lyft are out. Maybe we can arrange for a Minnie Van to pick them up at WL?

I setup an alert for BOG but I decided that I'm not going to obsessively search for it. If we get it great. If not we'll just figure something else out.

Good luck on getting BOG! I've had a TP alert set up for BOG that same week since May and have gotten zilch, but I like you're philosophy on it!! And honestly I'm planning on doing a walk up day of and see if we can get in! I've done that twice in the summer and by some pixie dust miracle was actually seated both times, hoping some holiday magic will work as well :P

We plan on eating there no matter what but I don't want them to feel rushed. They won't have K's car seat so Uber and Lyft are out. Maybe we can arrange for a Minnie Van to pick them up at WL?

When we ubered to the Polynesian (from POP), I was able to get a car that had a car seat for my dd. I don't take uber a lot so I don't remember the classification that has the seats in it but there's an uber/lyft thread on the dis that has that info. I would think the Minnie Vans would have car seats too but I haven't read anything to confirm that.

Good luck on getting BOG! I've had a TP alert set up for BOG that same week since May and have gotten zilch, but I like you're philosophy on it!! And honestly I'm planning on doing a walk up day of and see if we can get in! I've done that twice in the summer and by some pixie dust miracle was actually seated both times, hoping some holiday magic will work as well :P

I hear ya. I had alerts for a late Tusker House breakfast and Cape May dinner since May and finally got some alerts this week. ADRs have been harder to get this time around. Next week when fastpasses are set, there should be a lot of cancellations. I hope.

I don't know much about Minnie Vans but some Uber's do have car seats if I'm correct. MCO is about a half hour away so even if they take their time getting everything together I think they'll make it by then, or just a little late. It'll definitely be a tight schedule though! I would also just call and give Disney a heads up about it, maybe they'll even let you push the ADR back a little.

I had to share som
I hear ya. I had alerts for a late Tusker House breakfast and Cape May dinner since May and finally got some alerts this week. ADRs have been harder to get this time around. Next week when fastpasses are set, there should be a lot of cancellations. I hope.
I am trying to get a Tusker House breakfast too. I haven't gotten any alerts yet. Fingers crossed next week some magic happens too. I only need 2 more ADR's! Last year there was a group all going at the time frame and helped look for each others ADR needs. If anyone woukd like to do that again this year?

Our cousins flight got pushed back, they will land at MCO at 5:45pm we are staying at WL. Do you think they will be able to make a 7:45pm reservation at Park Fare?

That will be cutting it too close, I think. It usually takes an hour from the time the plane lands until the Magical Express pulls out of the airport. Then the ride from the airport is at least 35 minutes until the first resort stop. Almost every time we've stayed at the WL the ME has stopped at the Poly and Grand Floridian before dropping us off at the WL. But the ME does change routes, so you can't count on this route every time. Then to check in and get a taxi to GF has got to take at least 20 minutes. If you were eating at Whispering Canyon Cafe, then you might make it, but I wouldn't count on them getting to the GF in two hours. The restaurant won't seat you until your entire party is there.

Can you change the night you are eating at Park Fare?

I had to share som

I am trying to get a Tusker House breakfast too. I haven't gotten any alerts yet. Fingers crossed next week some magic happens too. I only need 2 more ADR's! Last year there was a group all going at the time frame and helped look for each others ADR needs. If anyone woukd like to do that again this year?

What do you need?

I really need to stop messing/looking. I am still hoping Captain's Grille will open back up while we are there, but other than that, I should stop.

Here's the plan 11/17-11/26
11/17 Fly in TPA, Stay at LegoLand Beach Retreat
11/18 Legoland in the morning 9-2:30?, check into VWL, AK FPs 4:45-7:55 for Safari, ROL and Navi River, 6:30 ROL, try to eat at Yak & Yeti (no ADR, but Landry's Select Member)
11/19 Universal in the morning, No Disney Parks, Dinner with nearby family Trail's End 7:35 pm.
11/20 MK FPs 10:10 Peter Pan, 11:15 Space, 11:55 Tonys FOF ADR, 2:00 FOF, 2:25 7 Dwarves - Break and then Parkhop to HS 6:30 Dessert Party and JJJB Show
11/21 AK TH ADR 9:05, 10:10 Safari, 11:10 Character MG, 12:15 Navi River break and then to Epcot open til 11. (Try again for Y&Y if haven't been yet)
11/22 Moving from VWL to BCV, Back to Universal, Hoop de Doo 6:15 then MK til midnight FPs for Winnie, 7 Dwarves & Big Thunder
11/23 EP AM no FPS EMH day, move to AK around noon, FP 1:30 FOP, 2:40 Dino, 3:40 Expedition, Boma ADR 5:40
11/24 EP 8:25 GG CP package, 9:25 Spaceship, 10:30 Test Track, 11:40 2 people character MG, 2 Mission Space, 2:50 ADR Via Napoli, may take a break to BCV, 6:45 CP show, 8:30 Frozen Dessert party, 9:30 Illuminations, FEA after close
11/25 MK 10am Crystal Palace, NO Fps, move to HS around 2 FPs 3:05 TSM, 4:15 Star Tours, 5:20 TOT, 7:30 Fantasmic Dessert Reservations 8:30 Fantasmic
11/26 EMH HS til 10, 10:45 Brunch at The Wave with family and Disney Springs until we feel like leaving for Cape Coral to visit other family for 2 days.

I'm not missing any restaurants or ADRs I just need, but I keep looking to tweak like it's an addiction or something.

If you didn't fp FEA, what would you fast pass? We had the same dilemma but I decided to get the FEA fastpasses because if we don't fp that we would do either test track or Soarin. I know that if I change my mind later, there won't be a FEA available so I'm booking that one now. Test Track and Soarin are easier to get closer to the day or day of.

My original plan was to FP HS that day, but I think we can get a lot done at RD, especially with having a 2nd day there later.

I would keep it for now. That way you could rope drop TT or Soarin and FP the other. You can also try for 4ths and 5ths once you use it, but FEA is hard to come by.

Yeah when I saw it available I figured I better grab it. I think we will still RD it on 11/18, though, as we are coming in from the IG anyway.

I say keep it! Unless there's a different FP you'd rather have, I don't see a reason for you to cancel FEA now. You can always cancel it day off if you're plans take you elsewhere and try to grab something else at the time. This is why I'm not a big fan of FP+ and how you have to get them in advanced, the day of rarely goes how I imagine it will 60 days out haha.

I really don't like booking FP this far in advance! It has its pros, of course, but it's been more of a pain than anything else planning this trip! We change our minds so much...

That will be cutting it too close, I think. It usually takes an hour from the time the plane lands until the Magical Express pulls out of the airport. Then the ride from the airport is at least 35 minutes until the first resort stop. Almost every time we've stayed at the WL the ME has stopped at the Poly and Grand Floridian before dropping us off at the WL. But the ME does change routes, so you can't count on this route every time. Then to check in and get a taxi to GF has got to take at least 20 minutes. If you were eating at Whispering Canyon Cafe, then you might make it, but I wouldn't count on them getting to the GF in two hours. The restaurant won't seat you until your entire party is there.

Can you change the night you are eating at Park Fare?

Unfortunately, no it is the only night we have open. If the ME does take them to GF could they get off there?

I don't know much about Minnie Vans but some Uber's do have car seats if I'm correct. MCO is about a half hour away so even if they take their time getting everything together I think they'll make it by then, or just a little late. It'll definitely be a tight schedule though! I would also just call and give Disney a heads up about it, maybe they'll even let you push the ADR back a little.

When we ubered to the Polynesian (from POP), I was able to get a car that had a car seat for my dd. I don't take uber a lot so I don't remember the classification that has the seats in it but there's an uber/lyft thread on the dis that has that info. I would think the Minnie Vans would have car seats too but I haven't read anything to confirm that.

I will look into it and see what they would want to do. Thanks!

I am looking for an Akershus breakfast on the 28th and tusker house breakfast the 26th.

What about you? I will look for you.

I just noted these 2 on my list so I remember to look for them. Are you not picky about the times?

I'm just looking for the BOG dinner on 11/26. I have alerts setup on TP and MD. It's not a big deal if I don't get it.

Anyone have any recommendations for something else? We'll be in Epcot during the day and wanted to hop over to MK for dinner and HEA. I was thinking about trying to get 1900 for dinner but we're doing breakfast there so maybe that's overkill. We've never eaten there before. We could just eat in Epcot like a late lunch or early dinner.

I just noted these 2 on my list so I remember to look for them. Are you not picky about the times?

I'm just looking for the BOG dinner on 11/26. I have alerts setup on TP and MD. It's not a big deal if I don't get it.

Anyone have any recommendations for something else? We'll be in Epcot during the day and wanted to hop over to MK for dinner and HEA. I was thinking about trying to get 1900 for dinner but we're doing breakfast there so maybe that's overkill. We've never eaten there before. We could just eat in Epcot like a late lunch or early dinner.

We've been looking for an early BOG dinner on 11/28, and I ended up booking a Jungle Navigation - Skipper Canteen dinner ADR. I'm still hoping to get an alert for BOG, but we haven't been to Skipper Canteen yet and I'm getting more excited to try it. That could be an option!

We've been looking for an early BOG dinner on 11/28, and I ended up booking a Jungle Navigation - Skipper Canteen dinner ADR. I'm still hoping to get an alert for BOG, but we haven't been to Skipper Canteen yet and I'm getting more excited to try it. That could be an option!

Thank you! I forgot all about Skipper Canteen. I'm going to check out their menu. Hopefully there's something for my picky eaters. The reviews I've read were all pretty good.

I just checked out Skipper's menu and it sounds good to me. Looks like there are a few options for dh and the kids. They don't have any openings so I'll have to check later.

Tony's has some open times. Any thoughts on Tony's? It seems to get a lot of horrible reviews and a lot of people say it's like an Olive Garden. My dh and kids really like Olive Garden so maybe that's an option too. I'm picky about my Italian but I plan on stuffing my face with nachos while in Epcot anyway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!