Official Disney Cake Chatter - Part V!

Checking with the experts ....

The plan is to be at 1900 Park Fare for DDs second birthday dinner. I want a birthday cake, but prefer a mini cake.

Can this cake be done as a mini, and any idea how much? December date so plenty of planning time. I haven’t even made an ADR yet!

https://www.cakecentral.com/gallery/i/2379127/minnie-mouse-cake
They can definitely do something very similar in a mini cake. The ears Disney does are molded white chocolate and I’m not sure if they are small enough to go on a mini cake. They will also definitely drive up the cake cost as I think the ears are somewhere between $25 and $50 for the ears.

I left a message earlier this afternoon at Pop Century to order a cake for our trip next week and they returned my call within just a few hours. They did say that they no longer offer 6 inch cakes so I had to go with either an 8 inch or a mini tiered cake. I decided on the 8 inch since it's practically the same price for a whole lot more cake. I went with a marble cake, chocolate buttercream filling and vanilla buttercream frosting with a Flower and Garden theme, bakers choice on decor. I'll post pics when we get back in a couple weeks.
I'm going to Pop in a couple weeks and trying to decide if I want to get a mini cake or a dozen cupcakes from Sprinkles delivered or just have a cake at a restaurant. What did they quote you? There are only 2 of us and all the prices I've seen posted on here are pushing $200.

Checking with the experts ....

The plan is to be at 1900 Park Fare for DDs second birthday dinner. I want a birthday cake, but prefer a mini cake.

Can this cake be done as a mini, and any idea how much? December date so plenty of planning time. I haven’t even made an ADR yet!

https://www.cakecentral.com/gallery/i/2379127/minnie-mouse-cake
This mini was done by the CR in 2016. Price was close to $100, but I think the cake itself was only $50 - I paid $30-40 for the white chocolate monorail.
4CA85E99-55C7-4F55-9DD7-960920F16D20.jpeg

Thanks so much for the pictures and the ideas!!!!! Just what I needed to know. So I should call Grand Floridian Private Dining and tell them our reservation info. and what you mentioned above? About how far in advance - a month?

Yes, I would start calling GF private dining about a month out. They aren't as hard to get ahold of as some places, but that'll give you time to wait for a call back. Also, be sure to call again a day or two before to confirm all the details of your order.

My first cake experience was a hit! Called Pat at the GF two weeks before our arrival to order an Incredibles-themed two-tier mini cake for DD’s birthday. I said I wanted it to be simple and elegant, no characters or anything since I thought that would be appealing to her. I asked for chocolate cake with raspberry mousse, but Pat said my only choices were either white chocolate or strawberry mousse. No problem, strawberry mousse sounded just as delicious. I wanted it to be delivered to Narcoossee’s on our first night. It was really cute and DD was so surprised and tickled pink! It definitely looked better in person though. It was also very delicious. Since the decor was fairly simple, it was $45.

49E731F9-9CCA-4E9F-BD24-6080EF716CDD.jpeg

So I called the number for cakes yesterday and followed the prompts for Pop. I left a message and was called back today. I was told I had to get a 6 inch if I wanted to personalize it in any way. All I wanted was Congrats Grad, but it's okay they said they were going to put her name and a graduation Mickey on the cake. I was called back like an hour later and told I can now only personalize 8 inch cakes. That's a lot of cake for 2 people for 2 days and we will be in the parks most of the the time. I asked about the mini tiered cakes and was told they don't do them. She did say she was going to try to figure out something and call me back. I guess we will see..

So I called the number for cakes yesterday and followed the prompts for Pop. I left a message and was called back today. I was told I had to get a 6 inch if I wanted to personalize it in any way. All I wanted was Congrats Grad, but it's okay they said they were going to put her name and a graduation Mickey on the cake. I was called back like an hour later and told I can now only personalize 8 inch cakes. That's a lot of cake for 2 people for 2 days and we will be in the parks most of the the time. I asked about the mini tiered cakes and was told they don't do them. She did say she was going to try to figure out something and call me back. I guess we will see..

Pop Century is serviced by BoardWalk Inn, which definitely does two-tier minicakes. Hopefully she will figure this out...

Does the Contemporary still do two tier mini cakes? Getting a grad cake for dd in August. Just wondering what my options are. If not, I’ll go six inch. Emailed the Contemporary three days ago. No word back yet.

So we just got back from our trip and my son loved his cake. We were quoted $89 for a 6 inch cake but I was charged $114.

Did you bring the discrepancy to anyone's attention or did you think it was worth the additional $25 so didn't make a fuss???

Did you bring the discrepancy to anyone's attention or did you think it was worth the additional $25 so didn't make a fuss???
It looks to me like it was delivered to a room so there would have been a service charge on the delivery of 18% I didn’t do the math but I chalked up the discrepancy to that.

It looks to me like it was delivered to a room so there would have been a service charge on the delivery of 18% I didn’t do the math but I chalked up the discrepancy to that.

it was delivered to the room so that could have been the difference, I just saw it come out of my bank account for that amount. My son loved the cake so the difference wasn't a big deal for me. My boyfriend on the other hand had no idea that i ordered a cake and thought I was completely nuts when he asked the price but really enjoyed eating it :)

Just got back from an amazing trip.
Ordered our cake from Contemporary for our dinner at The Wave. Mad Hatter style. DD loved the cake. It was beautiful and delicious. But not worth $200. Chocolate and vanilla cake with berry cream in the middle. When I cut it, it just fell apart. Very moist and everyone loved it.
dis.jpeg
dis2.jpeg
IMG_2460.JPG

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter