Official Disney Cake Chatter - Part V!

Any suggestions for picking up a cake in Orlando? I have called POFQ cake line 3 times in two weeks and left messages. No response. I called the Boardwalk Bakery today and she told me she would hate for me to come all the way to the Boardwalk to get a cake and to keep trying the POFQ #. I'm just very frustrated,

Hello everyone! Came here to talk to the experts, been scrolling through cake threads for hours but there are just so many! We are celebrating my daughter's Sweet 16 in August at O'Hana at the Polynesian. She is a huge Tangled/Rapunzel fan so I'm hoping I can get a cake with that theme somehow. Have any of you seen a cake like this or had one made? I know the thread says to Call Grand Floridian bakery for specialty cake but just wanted to see if you had any experience or photos of a Tangled cake! Thank you in advance!

Enchanted%20Cake_zpsdewsms0x.jpeg

Disney2011483.jpg

Tangled%20Cake_zpsqtt0asoi.jpg

CPS_2951.jpg

You can also get lots of inspiration photos to send Disney just by Googling or searching Pinterest.

Any suggestions for picking up a cake in Orlando? I have called POFQ cake line 3 times in two weeks and left messages. No response. I called the Boardwalk Bakery today and she told me she would hate for me to come all the way to the Boardwalk to get a cake and to keep trying the POFQ #. I'm just very frustrated,

I would call the main number for the resort and tell them about the trouble you're having. See if you can get a CM to take ownership of this issue for you. Otherwise, It's Tasty Too delivers to Disney, and other popular places like Sprinkles Custom Cakes, Anna Cakes and Bake Me A Cake may deliver too. If you're OK to pick up, Publix gets good reviews.

Hello everyone! Came here to talk to the experts, been scrolling through cake threads for hours but there are just so many! We are celebrating my daughter's Sweet 16 in August at O'Hana at the Polynesian. She is a huge Tangled/Rapunzel fan so I'm hoping I can get a cake with that theme somehow. Have any of you seen a cake like this or had one made? I know the thread says to Call Grand Floridian bakery for specialty cake but just wanted to see if you had any experience or photos of a Tangled cake! Thank you in advance!

In addition to the wonderful pictures above, I've had a Tangled idea I've been throwing around in my head for years that I haven't seen done as a cake. I'd really like to see a lantern cake...kind of like the lanterns they'd been using in the Photopass spot. It would be obviously Tangled in theme, but a really elegant presentation IMO. In case you haven't seen the pics from this, I've attached Jackie's article... http://www.wdwinfo.com/news-stories/new-tangled-photopass-opportunity-at-magic-kingdom-park/ So, just picture that lantern he's holding as a cake :) They should be able to airbrush it to give it an illuminated lantern look.

I would call the main number for the resort and tell them about the trouble you're having. See if you can get a CM to take ownership of this issue for you. Otherwise, It's Tasty Too delivers to Disney, and other popular places like Sprinkles Custom Cakes, Anna Cakes and Bake Me A Cake may deliver too. If you're OK to pick up, Publix gets good reviews.

Please forgive me if this is a major issue that is well-known or addressed earlier in this thread.

I just wondered about policy of having an “outside” company bring in a cake or bringing your own to a restaurant where you’re eating. Where I live this is generally not allowed unless you’ve booked a whole room for an event and bringing your own party sized dessert that is not offered on the menu. Some places might charge you a fee to cut and serve that cake also. But it might be different at WDW. I’m genuinely curious to know.

Please forgive me if this is a major issue that is well-known or addressed earlier in this thread.

I just wondered about policy of having an “outside” company bring in a cake or bringing your own to a restaurant where you’re eating. Where I live this is generally not allowed unless you’ve booked a whole room for an event and bringing your own party sized dessert that is not offered on the menu. Some places might charge you a fee to cut and serve that cake also. But it might be different at WDW. I’m genuinely curious to know.

So the way this works at Disney is usually the cake is delivered to the guest in a hotel lobby—they don't walk into the restaurant to meet you with your cake. Regardless of how you obtain it, Disney has no prohibition on you bringing an outside cake to your table. They just can't store it in their refrigerator for you or take it back to the kitchen to cut it. You have to cut it yourself. Some restaurants on Disney property charge cake cutting fees if you bring in an outside cake, but it seems like only the non-Disney restaurants enforce them.

In addition to the wonderful pictures above, I've had a Tangled idea I've been throwing around in my head for years that I haven't seen done as a cake. I'd really like to see a lantern cake...kind of like the lanterns they'd been using in the Photopass spot. It would be obviously Tangled in theme, but a really elegant presentation IMO. In case you haven't seen the pics from this, I've attached Jackie's article... http://www.wdwinfo.com/news-stories/new-tangled-photopass-opportunity-at-magic-kingdom-park/ So, just picture that lantern he's holding as a cake :) They should be able to airbrush it to give it an illuminated lantern look.

That's a really cool idea! I am hoping she can get a photo like that. I ordered her a rapunzel dress and I have a rapunzel themed scavenger hunt planned in the mk as well. Thanks!

I am beyond annoyed ! I called the POFQ resort number bc the cake number will not call me back. The resort can’t help, so they put me on hold three times to try the cake hotline for POFQ. They don’t get an answer. She transfers me to someone who can help. This person starts putting me on hold again as they try the #. At this point I have been on the phone for 20 minutes. She comes back with a “I have someone to help you”. Now I’m on the phone with the cake people for restaurants. I explained again that I didn’t have a reservation for a restaurant to get a cake, I wanted to pick it up. “Oh, we can’t help you. You need to call the POFQ cake #”. Yes, I have already and left 3 messages in 2 weeks. No one will return my call. Oh, let me try, but if I get the answer machine, you will need to leave the message. So...guess what. After 35 minutes on hold, I have left message #4 with the POFQ cake hotline

Here are some photos of Zebra Dome cakes made by AKL and posted by other DISers....

Zebra%20Done%20Cake_zpsgoe4avhr.jpeg

Zebra%20Dome%20Cake%20alt_zpsdyb0vb1m.jpg

Yes, the prices of mini cakes can go up to $60 or even $80 each depending on how elaborate you want the decorations. I would tell Grand Floridian Private Dining that you want X theme for each cake and want to keep the budget at $X and see what they can do for you.

Thanks so much for the pictures and the ideas!!!!! Just what I needed to know. So I should call Grand Floridian Private Dining and tell them our reservation info. and what you mentioned above? About how far in advance - a month?

I have been following these threads for years and have even had a cake delivered to our BOG dinner back in Nov '15. Unfortunately my computer crashed and I lost most of my pictures from that trip before I was able to upload here. We are heading back at the end of June to celebrate my niece's birthday and have a late breakfast reservation at 'Ohana for our first day. Can any of the on property bakeries do ice cream cakes? TIA!

I was just in Disney over Mother's Day weekend and ordered a cake for delivery on our last day just to take home. Yes because I'm that addicted to Disney cakes, lol. Anyhow I ordered it through Pop Century so it came from the Boardwalk Bakery. I was quoted $42 and asked for Flower and Garden theme. It was simple as expected for the price. 8 inch marble cake with vanilla frosting and chocolate buttercream filling. I have to be honest it doesn't taste like the same frosting I've had on cakes from the Contemporary. It wasn't bad but wasn't as good. I suppose even if they use the same recipes it could vary by who is making it.

I also don't see that I've been charged for it anywhere. They took my credit card number and said it would be charged 2 days before delivery.

Having trouble with the photo size so I'll have a I try again when I'm at my computer.

Sorry if this has already been asked, but does anyone know if the slipper can be ordered for BOG.

I am so overwhelmed by all of this! I really want to do a custom cake for my son's birthday while we are there. I have read through the first post & saw the number we'll need to call to order. We are staying at BLT and plan to have it delivered to the room. He'll be 8 and wants to have his birthday be Toy Story themed. I saw a Woody cake somewhere in this thread, but does anyone else have any pictures of cakes with a Toy Story theme? His favorite character is Slinky Dog, and I'm almost certain that would be impossible to translate! I guess I'm just not sure where to start with all of this. We are just over 2 months out from our trip. Any advice would be very much appreciated!

Edit: He just decided Toy Story is too little kid and wants Coco...restarting the inspiration search!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter