"Official" 2017 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Boo to You!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh how I wish Aubree would do that! It would be adorable in her Belle dress (she has the dress from the live action movie). I guess we'll see how it goes!

Sorry if this had been asked. None of the happenings listed on Disney's website include trick or treating. It was listed in the past, is it confirmed for this year?

Yeah, if we keep the ADR I'm going to have to figure out a strategy, lol. We are doing CRT for breakfast, which is pretty much the only meal I think my family would even remotely consider eating there. DD is 5yo, though, so I am definitely doing it mostly for the princesses and experience.

Has anyone ever met the Beast at BOG before? Is he the scary version of the Beast or the post-Belle kinder version, lol? My child doesn't even want to be near the wildcat mascot for a school near us, lol.
We met the Beast last summer. My DD was 4 at the time, brothers were 4, 6, and 7. Everyone really loved BOG and the Beast. They weren't scared at all , maybe be a little timid but not scared.

Yeah, if we keep the ADR I'm going to have to figure out a strategy, lol. We are doing CRT for breakfast, which is pretty much the only meal I think my family would even remotely consider eating there. DD is 5yo, though, so I am definitely doing it mostly for the princesses and experience.

Has anyone ever met the Beast at BOG before? Is he the scary version of the Beast or the post-Belle kinder version, lol? My child doesn't even want to be near the wildcat mascot for a school near us, lol.
He was quite charming. He stopped me and kissed my hand while I was walking through the restaurant.

I don't understand how you could get a FP for Splash when it will be closed starting mid-August. I won't let myself hope that they are planning on pushing back the refurb dates!

Splash refurb is scheduled to begin Aug.28. For those of us attending the Aug.25 party, FP+ are still available for that afternoon. Probably won't be operating during the party, though, since it's not on the list.

Sorry if this had been asked. None of the happenings listed on Disney's website include trick or treating. It was listed in the past, is it confirmed for this year?

Hmm, not sure what site you're looking at but it clearly states:
CANDY, COSTUMES & CHARACTERS - From land to land, get your fill of candies, treats, snacks and more—including allergy-free options galore. Here's the link:
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/e...ary-halloween-party/#/drawer=drawerTrickTreat

Also here's a printable pdf of [URL="https://www.disboards.com/threads/mnsshp-2017-my-party-plan-strategy-in-the-making.3604086/#post-57587125"]Trick or Treat Locations[/URL] from my planning thread.

The question that I'm sure has been asked 1,000 times - is MNSSH worth the price? For this evening, we'll have 3 adults and 2 kids and the tickets will be almost $500. For the rest of our week at Disney we will be pretty indulgent with paying extra for good flight schedule, where we're staying & eating, plus activities like the BBB, etc. Is MNSSH really magical enough to spend $500 for the enjoyment of 2 kids? (Sure, the adults will enjoy themselves, too, but we'd really be doing it for the kids). I really want to do it, but I'm also having trouble pulling the trigger on buying the tickets. ;)
Definitely!! smaller crowds to get on the rides more easily (a biggie for us since we don't visit MK on regular trips), characters in costume (even if you don't want to do pics, it's still great to see them!), special treats (expensive but fun), special fireworks and other shows, and trick-or-treating! We left the park with 3 overfilled full-sized back packs of candy last time we went (party of 5). That alone cut $100 off our tix price because we ended up using more than half for our Halloween candy to hand out. We love seeing all the Disney related costumes too.

Forgot to ask, anyone who has done just a dessert at a table service how much time should I realistically schedule in my party? I have 9:30pm at BOG and I wanted to catch the fireworks (I don't need a good spot I would have seen it in the previous party).
I think that would be tough, even with just dessert b/c chances are you are going to wait on your reservation. We hardly ever get into any reservation on time. We are planning the same thing, though we will probably do some appetizers with the desserts as well. We originally had 9:50 ADR and I have been able to make it earlier 2x now, just by stalking the site daily. Currently 9p, which will work well for the fireworks but I would still like it a little earlier.

Well, I've never done it, but you just gave me a great idea for a way to experience BOG without having to spend all that time eating dinner during the party! Just doing dessert seems like a great idea! I just did a 7:55 PM ADR for my party day. There was an earlier time available for a party of 4 if you're afraid your time is too close to Hallowishes - there was still an 8:25 when I got mine.
darn!! we have a party of 5! haven't been able to get anything b/f 9p for days now...

Plus that way we might get to meet the Beast too. My daughter will be dressed as Belle, although there is a good chance she will freak out and refuse to see the Beast! I don't want to traumatize her, lol.
I don't know how true this is but I have read that Beast doesn't appear in BOG during the parties.

Splash refurb is scheduled to begin Aug.28. For those of us attending the Aug.25 party, FP+ are still available for that afternoon. Probably won't be operating during the party, though, since it's not on the list.
Last time we went to a party, they used the queue line for splash mountain as a trick or treat trail so even if it is open during the day, it likely won't be during the party

But really, you should be able to line up for those guys a bit before the first parade. You'll meet them, then see fireworks, see the second parade, do rides, and I always recommend seeing the last Hocus Pocus show. In the past it has started at midnight so you won't be spending any party time watching, since the rest of the party will be closed at that time.

I think I'm going to end up relying on this plan of action. Between the Fantasmic issue and F&W reservations, it seems like trying to do Friday instead of Thursday would be too complicated for us now. If we don't see Jack and Sally, not the end of the world I guess:-) Thanks for the advice!

Hmm, not sure what site you're looking at but it clearly states:
CANDY, COSTUMES & CHARACTERS - From land to land, get your fill of candies, treats, snacks and more—including allergy-free options galore. Here's the link:
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/e...ary-halloween-party/#/drawer=drawerTrickTreat

Also here's a printable pdf of Trick or Treat Locations from my planning thread.

Thank you. I apparently was having a momentary lapse of reason and just missed that sentence. Thank goodness it is the end of the week.

I don't understand how you could get a FP for Splash when it will be closed starting mid-August. I won't let myself hope that they are planning on pushing back the refurb dates!
Sorry, wishful thinking from me. I missed the splash mountain part of that post.

I also got a really ambiguous email about FP during the party when I emailed back for clarification. This is even less helpful than the email that I sent asking for clarification. Oh well. It sounds like we can...or can't. Or can. I still don't know. I think I'm going to proceed with my plans to NOT have any FP reservations during 4-7.

Dear Summer,

Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World® Resort. We are so excited to hear that you are planning a visit to come see us here at Walt Disney World®!

Since this is a "magical moment" that the special event tickets will allow you to enter the Magic Kingdom Park before the party starts this is not on the website.

Please make your Fastpass's for the attractions and dates that you would like and call the My Magic+ team to have a Cast Member take a look to make sure that they look good.

Also a My Magic+ agent will be able to assist and make the Fastpass+ selections too.

Please give Disney's My Magic®+ Help Desk a call at your earliest convenience. An expert Cast Member will be happy to assist you with all of your questions and concerns. Disney's My Magic®+ Help Desk can be reached at 407-939-4357, and is available from 7:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m. (Eastern Time), seven days a week

If you have questions or need further assistance, feel free to contact us.

Sincerely,

Janelle Gillette
eCommerce Sales and Service Team

PLEASE NOTE: All information is subject to change without notice and should be confirmed just prior to your visit.

If we are spending the day at MK before a MNSSHP, when can we put on our costume? I was thinking of eating something around 2:00 and changing after that, is that ok?

If we are spending the day at MK before a MNSSHP, when can we put on our costume? I was thinking of eating something around 2:00 and changing after that, is that ok?

I think you're not supposed to have a full costume on until 4:00, but if your meal takes 90 minutes and it takes you awhile to dress, it WILL be 4!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter