"Official" 2017 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Boo to You!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently there is one on each side. Here's the one we used, it comes out by The Plaza. The other comes out by Crystal Palace.
Main-St-Bypass.jpg
I don't think they use the one by crystal palace much anymore if at all-unlike the one near the plaza it doesn't have nice lanterns/landscaping/walls etc to prevent you from seeing backstage areas. They were using it a few years ago before they made the one by the plaza so nice. We exited that way a couple times back in late 2014 and literally you walked through a parking lot with vehicles parked there-not very magical lol

Maybe start with checking out a costume webstore and see if anything pops out at you?

Thank you!

If you just google "MNSSHP group T shirts" there are tons of ideas. Everyone with a different color of Monorail line, everyone a different color of M & M's, seagulls (from Nemo?), etc. Lots of great ones if you scroll down!

I don't know why I didn't think of that already, great idea! Thanks :-)

Have you checked out the Disney section of Hot Topic? They have great Disney stuff. Accessories, clothing, jewelry, etc. Relatively inexpensive.

http://www.hottopic.com/pop-culture/shop-by-license/disney/
Alice in Wonderland? You could get a Mad Hatter Hat. Wife could do the Queen of Hearts eye makeup and "heart" lipstick. Kids could be Alice, Rabbit, and/or a giant playing card.

Amazon.com has large playing cards. Or you could just do Red Hearts on white tees. Amazon has a huge pocket watch.
https://www.amazon.com/White-Rabbit...3017&sr=8-2&keywords=pocket+watch+alice+large

Kohls has the mad hatter hat and with 30% off and free shipping once a month you could order it in August. They have a bunch of Alice in Wonderland stuff.

https://www.kohls.com/search.jsp?submit-search=web-regular&search=mad+hatter&spa=2

They also have ear headbands and tails like the Cheshire Cat and Tigger.

https://www.kohls.com/product/prd-2624130/adult-alice-in-wonderland-cheshire-cat-costume-ears-tail-set.jsp?skuId=cheshire cat tail&search=2624130&submit-search=web-regular

These are great ideas that I will check out, thanks!

We're going to MNSSHP on Sept 7th. We are a party of 4 adults, and we'll be there for a conference that week. I bought the tickets, I can see them in MDE, and they are assigned to the people going. When I try to make FP+ for 4-7p, it says I'm the only one with a ticket. When I call Disney, they tell me it's because i can't make FP+ for MNSSHP and I can't make FP+ before the party starts, except that isn't right because I can make FP+ for myself. I have an email with a ticket confirmation number, but I can't use it to link the tickets...HELP!!!...please

We like Star Wars (did that 2 years ago), Muppets, Lion King, Aladdin, Beauty and the Beast, Little Mermaid, Tangled and so on lol.

I bet you could do something with the Muppets. Dad be Kermit, dressed all in green. The baby could be Kermit's nephew, Robin or Pepe the shrimp. There are so many characters to choose from. You could just do the colors that represent them. Maybe make your own Mickey ears that detail out the Muppet character.

I bet you could do something with the Muppets. Dad be Kermit, dressed all in green. The baby could be Kermit's nephew, Robin or Pepe the shrimp. There are so many characters to choose from. You could just do the colors that represent them. Maybe make your own Mickey ears that detail out the Muppet character.

I would love to do the Muppets! Good ideas, thanks :-)

I don't think they use the one by crystal palace much anymore if at all-unlike the one near the plaza it doesn't have nice lanterns/landscaping/walls etc to prevent you from seeing backstage areas. They were using it a few years ago before they made the one by the plaza so nice. We exited that way a couple times back in late 2014 and literally you walked through a parking lot with vehicles parked there-not very magical lol

The one by Crystal Palace has never been used as a bypass, to my knowledge, except for tours like Keys to the Kingdom. I used to make magic at the Emporium as a CP, and I never saw it used for guests, even during busy times and holidays when the other bypass was used. They keep the Plaza side bypass much more themed and show ready, so if there is one open for the parties, it will be that bypass that lets out behind the Plaza on the right side of Main Street! :-)

We're going to MNSSHP on Sept 7th. We are a party of 4 adults, and we'll be there for a conference that week. I bought the tickets, I can see them in MDE, and they are assigned to the people going. When I try to make FP+ for 4-7p, it says I'm the only one with a ticket. When I call Disney, they tell me it's because i can't make FP+ for MNSSHP and I can't make FP+ before the party starts, except that isn't right because I can make FP+ for myself. I have an email with a ticket confirmation number, but I can't use it to link the tickets...HELP!!!...please

Did you call and ask specifically for IT? A few pages back I posted an email response that stated we can make two FP's which includes the CM's name. Just call and tell them you received the same information - DO NOT tell them you saw it on the disboards or they'll dismiss you again and be persistent.

Simple question: Assuming the FP+ for party tickets is true/correct... If I am parkhopping on the day of a party (say, Epcot) and utilizing FP+ at Epcot, then I will not have access to *additional* FP+ because of my party ticket, correct?
In other words, I have 3 FP+ reserved right now - I can't get 5 or 6 (depending on which email you go by) just for having a party ticket, right?
I think its obvious, but all the recent chatter has prompted me to ask anyway (and yes, the party tickets are already connected to MDE).
Thanks to all those who are working hard getting all this info.

The one by Crystal Palace has never been used as a bypass, to my knowledge, except for tours like Keys to the Kingdom. I used to make magic at the Emporium as a CP, and I never saw it used for guests, even during busy times and holidays when the other bypass was used. They keep the Plaza side bypass much more themed and show ready, so if there is one open for the parties, it will be that bypass that lets out behind the Plaza on the right side of Main Street! :-)
They did use the crystal palace one at least briefly back in Oct 2014 after The MSEP to ease the congestion on Main Street. We were lead through it twice on that trip. One night they actually had some chairs set up behind the emporium area for fireworks viewing. It was literally the oddest thing watching them back there but we tried it because it was such an unusual opportunity. This was prior to them fixing up the other bypass area and as I previously said I think once that was formally "themed" to match Main Street they probably stopped using the crystal palace one all together. We have never seen it open since 2014. The one by the plaza is the one that was open for parties last year and the only one I've seen open for the past few years even after fireworks (or MSEP before it left).

Simple question: Assuming the FP+ for party tickets is true/correct... If I am parkhopping on the day of a party (say, Epcot) and utilizing FP+ at Epcot, then I will not have access to *additional* FP+ because of my party ticket, correct?
In other words, I have 3 FP+ reserved right now - I can't get 5 or 6 (depending on which email you go by) just for having a party ticket, right?
I think its obvious, but all the recent chatter has prompted me to ask anyway (and yes, the party tickets are already connected to MDE).
Thanks to all those who are working hard getting all this info.
No you can only prebook 3 FP+ per person/MDE profile regardless of how many tickets are assigned to that person. Once you use the Epcot ones that day you could book a 4th FP for MK later that day.

They did use the crystal palace one at least briefly back in Oct 2014 after The MSEP to ease the congestion on Main Street. We were lead through it twice on that trip. One night they actually had some chairs set up behind the emporium area for fireworks viewing. It was literally the oddest thing watching them back there but we tried it because it was such an unusual opportunity. This was prior to them fixing up the other bypass area and as I previously said I think once that was formally "themed" to match Main Street they probably stopped using the crystal palace one all together. We have never seen it open since 2014. The one by the plaza is the one that was open for parties last year and the only one I've seen open for the past few years even after fireworks (or MSEP before it left).

That's odd that is was during 2014 you saw it open, as I was working there during that time and do not remember them having it open to guests at all, especially during a Halloween party and evenings as that is the route where the parades enter, and even CM's aren't allowed to walk through most of that area between parades. How odd. Guess you learn something new everyday!

I am also going that night . . . and will be there attending a conference. So excited!

That's odd that is was during 2014 you saw it open, as I was working there during that time and do not remember them having it open to guests at all, especially during a Halloween party and evenings as that is the route where the parades enter, and even CM's aren't allowed to walk through most of that area between parades. How odd. Guess you learn something new everyday!
So I found the old thread about it.
https://www.disboards.com/threads/main-street-usa-bypass.3346973/#post-52573858

I guess the reason they opened it on a test basis that year was because of the hub construction going on and how it restricted flow during crowded times like after the parade.

I have been watching this thread since the beginning, but thought I'd finally post my plans. I will be attending the Youth Leader Experience conference from 9/5 - 9/8 with a good friend. We will be staying at the GF and will be attending MNSSHP on 9/7. My friend will fly home on 9/9 and my DD and her bestie, along with my DM will be flying down on 9/9. We will be staying at ASMu for a week and will be attending the 9/12 party. I'm so excited to be able to go to 2 parties!

When making FP+ selections, I was not able to make them for my last day in the parks. I went back a deleted the ones for the the MNSSHP and added them for the last day. I was then able to go back and make them for my party day. All of my FP+ still show up on my MDE.

This will be our first MNSSHP. We can't wait! Have you been able to get FP+ before 7?

Yes - I was able to get 3 Fast Passes before 7 for each of my MNSSHP party tickets.

I have been to parties before, but this is the first time my friend has ever been to Disney. I'm so excited to be able to show her around!

So odd....2 MNSSHP and 1 MVMCP last year and never once directed to the bypass! Kinda sorry I missed it :)
That is odd-they funneled us back through it for both MNSSHP we attended last year as it was the first trick or treat stop of the night. I guess you didn't get the bag of treats then either? Or did they give those away other places when you picked up your trick or treat bags?

The question that I'm sure has been asked 1,000 times - is MNSSH worth the price? For this evening, we'll have 3 adults and 2 kids and the tickets will be almost $500. For the rest of our week at Disney we will be pretty indulgent with paying extra for good flight schedule, where we're staying & eating, plus activities like the BBB, etc. Is MNSSH really magical enough to spend $500 for the enjoyment of 2 kids? (Sure, the adults will enjoy themselves, too, but we'd really be doing it for the kids). I really want to do it, but I'm also having trouble pulling the trigger on buying the tickets. ;)

So odd....2 MNSSHP and 1 MVMCP last year and never once directed to the bypass! Kinda sorry I missed it :)
It was pretty cool, and felt like a "start" to the party even though the party hadn't officially started yet! As PP mentioned, they handed out a treat bag and it was pretty awesome, with full-size candy inside and a granola bar. I hope they do this again this year!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter