"Official" 2017 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Boo to You!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Splash refurb is scheduled to begin Aug.28. For those of us attending the Aug.25 party, FP+ are still available for that afternoon. Probably won't be operating during the party, though, since it's not on the list.
Lucky you! I don't know why, but I had August 17 in my head as the closing date. So many closures to keep track of!

This seems like a silly question, but do you all make your FP reservations via MDE at 7 am, or do you do it by phone? Do you think one is better than the other? If you use the phone, what number do you call?
Thanks!

This seems like a silly question, but do you all make your FP reservations via MDE at 7 am, or do you do it by phone? Do you think one is better than the other? If you use the phone, what number do you call?
Thanks!
I booked ours 3-4 days after the 60 day window for the party, via the website. No problem getting what I wanted - 7D, jungle cruise, space mountain

Got an email from Disney today:
upload_2017-7-29_8-50-59.png
Sorry it's giant. I'm on the phone with them now cause of this and cause they charged me three times for my final payment, that didn't go through on my vacation... What is going on over there???
upload_2017-7-29_8-50-59.png

What do you have? Tickets + Party night FPs on your account?

Yep, four day hoppers and a party ticket. I called and the Cast Member had no idea what I was talking about. She stayed on the line while I spoke to IT cause she wanted to know as well. First IT person said I couldn't have any passes without a regular ticket, so I asked for a supervisor who said I could have passes from 4:30 PM-6:30 PM.

I ended up cancelling one of my three passes for my party night. But I still have no assurance my passes for our last day won't be dropped. I emailed guest services looking for answers, so we shall see...

Yep, four day hoppers and a party ticket. I called and the Cast Member had no idea what I was talking about. She stayed on the line while I spoke to IT cause she wanted to know as well. First IT person said I couldn't have any passes without a regular ticket, so I asked for a supervisor who said I could have passes from 4:30 PM-6:30 PM.

I ended up cancelling one of my three passes for my party night. But I still have no assurance my passes for our last day won't be dropped. I emailed guest services looking for answers, so we shall see...

If that's the message that is being sent by the system, I would pay attention to that rather than what a cast member says. If it's in place already in the system to go out automatically, it will happen. It seems it's something the cm's don't know about yet.

I know it stinks for everyone because you always were able to make fast passes with your party tickets, but technically it was never stated you could, more of a "gift". Yes, they let party people in at 4, but even that they don't have to.
I'm not sure emailing complaints about a reinstating a policy that never actually existed would help?

Wow, I'm sorry. How frustrating! My I ask for your party night, what were your original party FP times. And what times have you kept? Thanks and I hope you get a real answer from Disney soon!

Today marks two months till our attending the party!! I think my husband and I are going as a short/fat and tall/thin version of the Tweedles. Looking at getting yellow t-shirts and having the collar/ties sewn on, red shorts, red suspenders and red caps with the little yellow flag. Should be fun for pics with Alice, the Queen and Tweedles!

We have an ADR for 4:15 at Tony's so I probably won't attempt any FPs before the party. We're doing the party on our first day at WDW, since we should easily be able to get to the park by 4:00 after checking in. I was thinking about getting the 4-Park Magic Tickets, but I see they must be used by Sept. 30 and Sept. 30 would be our FIRST day on the ticket. Does anyone have experience with this and know if they would be good before I call customer service?

I think that would be tough, even with just dessert b/c chances are you are going to wait on your reservation. We hardly ever get into any reservation on time. We are planning the same thing, though we will probably do some appetizers with the desserts as well. We originally had 9:50 ADR and I have been able to make it earlier 2x now, just by stalking the site daily. Currently 9p, which will work well for the fireworks but I would still like it a little earlier.

I keep checking but its gone from 9:40 to 9:50 to 9:55 as the options, I shall keep trying. I will see the fireworks on the previous party but it would have been nice to catch it for a second time. Going to try and remain positive ::yes::

Got an email from Disney today:
View attachment 256953
Sorry it's giant. I'm on the phone with them now cause of this and cause they charged me three times for my final payment, that didn't go through on my vacation... What is going on over there???
View attachment 256953
On the positive side, they sent you an email and didn't just delete the FPs (which has happened to some).
What's your party date? Is 9/11 your last day of FPs? Do you have package tickets or separate tickets?

Do you remember the name the IT Supervisor?

I always find the MDE App more glitchy.

Aside from the initial party ticket date issue I have had no trouble until this. The website let me down on ADR and FP day but doing it on the app was easy and stress free. I guess its my turn to have a glitchy app.

If that's the message that is being sent by the system, I would pay attention to that rather than what a cast member says. If it's in place already in the system to go out automatically, it will happen. It seems it's something the cm's don't know about yet.

I know it stinks for everyone because you always were able to make fast passes with your party tickets, but technically it was never stated you could, more of a "gift". Yes, they let party people in at 4, but even that they don't have to.
I'm not sure emailing complaints about a reinstating a policy that never actually existed would help?

The email I sent was not simply a complaint about losing the passes. The auto generated email says to call guest services, so I did. They said I could book from 4:30-7, so I did, but I still have the alert on my profile. I'd just like a firm yes or no. It's not right that there's so many different answers coming out.

Wow, I'm sorry. How frustrating! My I ask for your party night, what were your original party FP times. And what times have you kept? Thanks and I hope you get a real answer from Disney soon!

We're going on the 7th, I had Pirates from 3:30-4:30, dropped that one. HM from 4:20-5:20, changed it to 4:30, and Batnstormer from 5:30-6:30. I really in,y got the passes so DD would have something to do while we wait for meet and greets. I'm just sick of the inconsistency.

On the positive side, they sent you an email and didn't just delete the FPs (which has happened to some).
What's your party date? Is 9/11 your last day of FPs? Do you have package tickets or separate tickets?

We're at the party on 9/7. 9/11 is our last park day, we leave 9/12. We're at MK so I'm not stressing losing a pass like FOP. We have a package at WL.

Do you remember the name the IT Supervisor?

I was so frustrated all I have is Zivi the from guest service and Emilia from IT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter