November 2013 - Car Rental Rates/Codes

My rental came down with Alamo also.

Date: Oct 30~Nov 9 (full 10 day rental) from MCO

I originally booked Alamo insiders using vroom code and free upgrade and for Standard (which will be full size at MCO) was $314.

Today, I checked costcotravel.com and for the same rental period, the rate came down to $265. It is still about $100 higher than last year but it's the lowest I could get.

What is the "vroom" code?
I booked today with the sunpromo and got $238 on a standard for 10 days (11/21-11/30). Pickup at MCO and dropoff at Tampa airport.

Well it's not looking good for getting that 86 dollar TOTAL cost I had for my 10 day trip last October/November :rotfl: so far I have $136 with Dollar (City Special) but still hoping for that last minute drop !

What is the "vroom" code?
I booked today with the sunpromo and got $238 on a standard for 10 days (11/21-11/30). Pickup at MCO and dropoff at Tampa airport.

Vroom code: 299851
For my dates, vroom code came down more than sunpromo code.

I had originally book with the vroom code through Alamo about a week ago. I was nervous about using a code that I know I am not entitled to (mostly because insurance is included with that code and it's for foreign travelers). I switched to a better rate (I was very surprised) with National 3 days ago, then the Insiders rate with Alamo yesterday, which saved me another $45. 5 nights with a midsize car for $109 - not great but I can live with that. Of course I will keep checking over the next 10 days :)

My rental came down with Alamo also.

Date: Oct 30~Nov 9 (full 10 day rental) from MCO

I originally booked Alamo insiders using vroom code and free upgrade and for Standard (which will be full size at MCO) was $314.

Today, I checked costcotravel.com and for the same rental period, the rate came down to $265. It is still about $100 higher than last year but it's the lowest I could get.

I played around with some coupon and using costco code id (which we are member) and free upgrade for alamo insiders, I got it lowered to $251.

I had originally book with the vroom code through Alamo about a week ago. I was nervous about using a code that I know I am not entitled to (mostly because insurance is included with that code and it's for foreign travelers). I switched to a better rate (I was very surprised) with National 3 days ago, then the Insiders rate with Alamo yesterday, which saved me another $45. 5 nights with a midsize car for $109 - not great but I can live with that. Of course I will keep checking over the next 10 days :)

I think that is great!

How do you get the Insider's rate?

I have $251 including all fees for a minivan for Nov 29 - Dec 7. Do you think this is the best I'll be able to do? It's been awhile since I've rented a car so I'm just wondering if I should keep looking for is this as good as it gets? Thanks!

I think that is great!

How do you get the Insider's rate?

It's Alamo's Insider membership. Free to join through their website. You will get a membership number to use when booking. I always try with and without the number. There have actually been occassions over the years when I've gotten better deals without the code. Usually, you can combine a coupon with it, such as AU5235ASJ, which is the one for the free updrade.

I have $251 including all fees for a minivan for Nov 29 - Dec 7. Do you think this is the best I'll be able to do? It's been awhile since I've rented a car so I'm just wondering if I should keep looking for is this as good as it gets? Thanks!

Oh, how did you get this rate?

Oh, how did you get this rate?

Dollar using KISS promo code. Someone on this board posted that their prices dropped (only for a few hours) and to booked it. Best I can expect to get? :surfweb:

Just wanted to post my rental with hertz, 10/31-11/12 midsize SUV just went down $100 to 300. That's using a AAA rate and. Coupon for 45 off a weekly rental in FL.

I used the sun promo code and saved $10 and went up a vehicle category. I'm wondering if anyone was able to use a coupon with the sun promo code? Linda :)

Hmm, I just tried the dates of 11/24/13 to 12/1/13 and for a full size it shows me $260. I also tried 11/23 - 11/30 and 11/25 - 12/2 and the rate remains the same as above. The times I am using is 10:30am p/u and 5am return. If you don't mind, what are the dates you're trying, I'll put them in and see what I get.

Just when to the Alamo site to check on my reservation for next month ( that I booked 9/6/2013). And when I click on my reservation it says .

"We’re sorry, but this Coupon is no longer available at this location."

Anyone else seeing this?? Does this mean they will not honor the reservation I already made???

Just booked Budget with Costco online coupon codes, on the Budget website,(BCD - W852802, and Coupon MUGZ044). Standard car (Altima or similar) for $125.33. Not sure how long it'll last...

Good luck all.

Just booked a full-sized car (Impala or similar) with Budget (through Carrentalsavers.com) for November 18 - November 25 for $138.50 total using the "up to 35% off" BCD and $30 off coupon. Pretty pleased with this rate! It beats my Alamo "SUNPROMO" deal by about $40. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter