November 2013 - Car Rental Rates/Codes

Is there a way to combine Costco rates with the insider discount? Right now I have a minivan rental for 8 days with Alamo for $285 (includes taxes and fees), that is insider with the extra $25 off. I could get Budget for $15 cheaper, but I need a second driver and Budget had a cryptic "we may waive 2nd driver fees for select locations" and I like to know things for sure. I think that $285 is a good rate, right?

We were only going to rent for 2 days to go to Universal, but that was going to run us $105 and we were still going to need a cab to get to an early morning ADR one day. I hope it isn't a waste of money.

I don't have a costco membership darn it!

I have never rented a car before. ..so have no idea what I am doing. A nice Diser told me to go look on Mousesavers for the codes. I ended up at Dollar. From reading mousesavers , I guess you can click the "city special"? which I did. It got me to $91 for midsize(avenger type) . With taxes it is $141 from 11/21-11/27. I can't believe the taxes!! Anyhow is this good?

So far, the least expensive I've found for my dates is through Alamo (11/16-11/24) at $215 from Tampa. When I go to look up my reservation, though, it's not showing up on the website. I'll have to make sure to print it out to carry with me at the counter.

What happened to the $8/day rates from April? :sad:

I don't have a costco membership darn it!

I have never rented a car before. ..so have no idea what I am doing. A nice Diser told me to go look on Mousesavers for the codes. I ended up at Dollar. From reading mousesavers , I guess you can click the "city special"? which I did. It got me to $91 for midsize(avenger type) . With taxes it is $141 from 11/21-11/27. I can't believe the taxes!! Anyhow is this good?

Check carrentalsavers.com too. They have deals under Budget. They're $30 off and 35% off.

Just looked at carrentalsavers and they have a great price from Sixt. I've never heard of them and they require a shuttle (this is through Tampa), so I'm not sure if it's worth the $30 savings.

Anyway, just wanted to give a heads up.

Alamo rates just dropped substantially for DS's rental Nov 15-23 from Mco.
Might want to check your rates if you're in this time frame.
Noticed also that Enterprise had dropped to within dollars of Alamo.

Alamo rates just dropped substantially for DS's rental Nov 15-23 from Mco.
Might want to check your rates if you're in this time frame.
Noticed also that Enterprise had dropped to within dollars of Alamo.

Thanks for posting that! I jumped on and got $207 (compact to intermediate upgrade) for 9 days through Alamo at TPA.

Awesome!
I'm glad someone was able to save!!
Prices went back up yesterday, but this morning they are down again.
So still worth checking out!

Awesome!

Appreciate the info! I just booked a minivan for November 18 - November 25 with Alamo (through Carrentalsavers) for $231. This is the lowest price on a minivan that I've seen in a long time!

Awesome!

Thank you again! This time I'm down to $171 with a free upgrade to midsize. :cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter