NOVEMBER 2012 Trip Planners Thread~ Everybody is Welcome~Part 3 already!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was just informed our 7am departure has been changed to a 6:50am departure -- yay for an extra 10 minutes in the Dis :banana:(hopefully... could be an extra 10 minutes on the runway... yuk!)

Oh lucky! We have only had one change so far and it made our connection much tighter.... the good news is now we will definitely have good German food in PDX instead of the unknown of SEA... the bad news is I will be worried about having issues catching our next flight..!

Just imagine how much quicker this thread would have ended if not for the facebook group too! :laughing:

Quick poll:
Tusker House or Ohana for breakfast?
We're not big fans of AK to begin with, so my brother's thinking is Tusker House would make AK more fun, but he also likes the menu at Ohana. We've never done either, so I don't really have a preference.

Quick poll:
We're not big fans of AK to begin with, so my brother's thinking is Tusker House would make AK more fun, but he also likes the menu at Ohana. We've never done either, so I don't really have a preference.

Thats a tough one... I like the food at TH more since it has very unique and nummy offerings (bobotie, mealy pap, a beef hash that is tasty, and different varieties of pastries AND a juice that is to die for :cloud9:). The character interaction at CP is more fun though IMO, and the food while generic is good. The build your own omlette station is tasty too, and I loooooove getting in to MK early more than AK - the pics in front of the castle with less people in heavenly. What I don't like is the upsell of a picture with Donald at TH... doing that hard sell feels SO tacky to me. They both have their ups and downs...!

Edited because I am a dolt who somehow thought you were asking about TH vs. Cp not 'Ohana... people really like 'Ohana. It is served family style but we haven't eaten there before ourselves. We like the added bonus of getting in to a park early for the upcharge of a character meal and like being able to go off and do something right away without having to wait for more transportation elsewhere.

Quick poll:

We are doing both this trip....we have eaten at Tusker House and let me tell you I loved it!!! We were not fans of AK but DH and I found so much to do there that we didnt the time before! There really is alot to do. We did the Jungle Treks and trails. We went on different rides and basicaly just went exploring. You are right though TH would make it more fun. I do love the atmosphere of the Poly as well. I agree it is a tough one!:hyper:

So do you think I'll have time to see the lights after Fantasmic?

If you scoot boots out of F! and High tail it over to the OL you may be fine... what about if they scoot you out of the park-say you wanna go eat at Sci-fi(since its right next door) and then just head in that direction.... then you can see the lights for a few:)

It's a crazy thought, right? RIGHT??

I had accepted that I would miss the Osborne lights, all of the previous dates I saw had them starting the day we leave. Fine, no big deal.

Then today I see that the lights start on November 9th -- the same night the Xmas party starts...and we have tickets for it!

Is it crazy to waste Xmas party time heading over to Hollywood Studios before it closes @ 8p to see the lights and then go back to Magic Kingdom unil it closes at midnight.

I don't know how much time we will "waste" getting there and going back on Disney transportation. Uggggghhhh decisions, decisions...:(

It's a crazy thought, right? RIGHT??

I had accepted that I would miss the Osborne lights, all of the previous dates I saw had them starting the day we leave. Fine, no big deal.

Then today I see that the lights start on November 9th -- the same night the Xmas party starts...and we have tickets for it!

Is it crazy to waste Xmas party time heading over to Hollywood Studios before it closes @ 8p to see the lights and then go back to Magic Kingdom unil it closes at midnight.

I don't know how much time we will "waste" getting there and going back on Disney transportation. Uggggghhhh decisions, decisions...:(

my thought~ its crazy but it can be done! since you can get in as early as 4(to the MVMCP) maybe go there at 4 and then stay till 530 then head to contemporary and catch bus to DHS and be there at 6 for lights then head back the same way and be there by 715ish... there are no crazy things here~

If you are in DHS first(or going there first) head there and be there by 6 to see lights, stay til 630 then head to MK by way of contemporary or other monorail resort

We are planning on seeing Santa at DTD while we are there. Has anyone seen him here? What are the lines like? Do they let you take your own photos?

We have been at Thanksgiving twice, last time was in 2011 and we have seen Santa both times. The line depends on time of day, etc... I think we waited about 1/2 hour last year. The Santa is really good, very nice. Yes, they let you take your own photo and they also take the pictures through photopass system.
Hope this helps!
Debbie

my thought~ its crazy but it can be done! since you can get in as early as 4(to the MVMCP) maybe go there at 4 and then stay till 530 then head to contemporary and catch bus to DHS and be there at 6 for lights then head back the same way and be there by 715ish... there are no crazy things here~

If you are in DHS first(or going there first) head there and be there by 6 to see lights, stay til 630 then head to MK by way of contemporary or other monorail resort

n/m, checked the site and it says you have to go to T&TC FIRST to catch a bus... so monorail to Contemporary would be faster.

I forgot to add that we have a 5:10 dinner ressie @ Cape May Cafe. This is the only place my H asked to go... he has a thing for crab legs.

Our plan was to eat and then head to the party a little early, around 6:15.

I guess we could go straight to Hollywood Studios from dinner by catch the boat over and then to Magic Kingdom after.

With life moving by soooo fast..... We overlooked that we are in double digits now here?!? 95 days to go!

Houston we have a problem! :rotfl: I planned one night at Hollywood Studios with a Fantasmic package - sounds good right - well the night I planned is the first night of Osborn Lights. For some reason it didn't click that Osborn lights is at 6, fantasmic is 6:30 and the park closes at 7 on 11/9. Uhhhh this doesn't sound like it will work!!!
DHs does NOT close at 7pm on 11/9. It closes at 8pm. Fantastmic at 6:30, the Osborne Lights opening night- it will debut at dusk. So you should have time to do F! and then head over to the lights just as the park is closing. If they (CMs) try and shoe you towards the exist, just walk across the main street and through over to the lights. they keep them on for an hour after closing at least, just as the stores stay open.

It closes early at 4pm on 11/8 for a special private event.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter