Nov. 24 2017 7-Night Bahama Cruise out of Galveston on Wonder

Our first Fish Extender group is half full.

Group #1 so far is:
Stefileslie85 - DW, DH, DD 4, DD 2
ptcruisers - 2 Adults (female)
Chris Boudreaux - DH, DW, DD 16, DD 13
emsandows - DH, DW, DD 9, DS 8
labela - DW, DH, DD 12

Still trying to figure out if we want to do it. any pros or cons out there?

First Disney cruise momma, daddy, baby girl(age 3) and baby boy(age 2)! Can't wait! Any advice ?

As The Beach Boys say, get there fast then take it slow. It's easy to over plan. With all the things to see and do try and plan some free time to take it easy and just relax. Other than that we took this same cruise in 2016. Here are some things that we did not know until we found them out by reading the DISboards or until we got on the ship.

1. They offer a gingerbread house building class. You can get tickets by going to the customer service desk. We suggest going as soon as you board because they say the classes fill up fast.

2. Their is a Christmas Tree lighting ceremony. On our cruise it was the first night at 7:30pm.

3. If your family wants to meet characters their are three things you can sign up for in advance online. The Princess Gathering, the Frozen Meet and Greet and the Disney jr. Character Breakfast (which on our cruise was in Animators Palate).

4. CVS pharmacy is within walking distance from where the boat docks in Key West. It's great if you forgot to pack anything or want some bottled water or drinks for your in room fridge.

5. Starbucks is within walking distance from where the boat docks in Key West also, just incase you need caffeine.

6. If you want coffee on the boat Cove Cafe is the closest thing to Starbucks you'll find. It's located on deck 9 mid ship in the adult only section on the ship. They have a reward card with a free coffee after you buy 4 or 5 (I can't remember which).

7. Deck 9 is also where the free self serve soda fountain and soft serve ice cream machines are.

8. The ship has a movie theater which plays a mix of Disney movies including ones that have just come out in theaters. On our cruise Moana came out the day before we left and they had 3 or 4 showings of it.

9. We thought the Frozen, A Musical Spectacular was great and on our cruise they had shows at the normal evening show times and a matinee show at 2:30pm. Hopefully they do the same for this cruise.

10. If you want a private table for dinner call now and request one otherwise you may be seated with other people.

11. On our cruise the average temperatures were highs around 78 lows around 70. The water temp at Castaway Cay was around 76 which is cold when you first get in but ok after a couple minuets.

12. Castaway Cay has strollers and wagons you can just grab free of charge once you get off the ship.

That's all I can think of for now. Hope that helps. If you have any questions please feel free to ask.

Still trying to figure out if we want to do it. any pros or cons out there?

We did it for the first time our last cruise and are excited to be doing it on this one. Our kids loved checking our fish extender every time we went in or out of our rooms. We thought some of the stuff we got was really neat and we enjoyed getting/making gifts to give out. Some of the cons would be you have to spend time or money getting/making gifts for your group. It also takes some time away from your cruise to pass out the gifts but as we are keeping our groups small it should not take very long to pass them out. On our last cruise we had groups of the same size and we gave out half one day and half the next and I think it took us a half hour or so total.

We did it for the first time our last cruise and are excited to be doing it on this one. Our kids loved checking our fish extender every time we went in or out of our rooms. We thought some of the stuff we got was really neat and we enjoyed getting/making gifts to give out. Some of the cons would be you have to spend time or money getting/making gifts for your group. It also takes some time away from your cruise to pass out the gifts but as we are keeping our groups small it should not take very long to pass them out. On our last cruise we had groups of the same size and we gave out half one day and half the next and I think it took us a half hour or so total.

Thanks!! I will think onbit a little longer.

As The Beach Boys say, get there fast then take it slow. It's easy to over plan. With all the things to see and do try and plan some free time to take it easy and just relax. Other than that we took this same cruise in 2016. Here are some things that we did not know until we found them out by reading the DISboards or until we got on the ship.

1. They offer a gingerbread house building class. You can get tickets by going to the customer service desk. We suggest going as soon as you board because they say the classes fill up fast.

2. Their is a Christmas Tree lighting ceremony. On our cruise it was the first night at 7:30pm.

3. If your family wants to meet characters their are three things you can sign up for in advance online. The Princess Gathering, the Frozen Meet and Greet and the Disney jr. Character Breakfast (which on our cruise was in Animators Palate).

4. CVS pharmacy is within walking distance from where the boat docks in Key West. It's great if you forgot to pack anything or want some bottled water or drinks for your in room fridge.

5. Starbucks is within walking distance from where the boat docks in Key West also, just incase you need caffeine.

6. If you want coffee on the boat Cove Cafe is the closest thing to Starbucks you'll find. It's located on deck 9 mid ship in the adult only section on the ship. They have a reward card with a free coffee after you buy 4 or 5 (I can't remember which).

7. Deck 9 is also where the free self serve soda fountain and soft serve ice cream machines are.

8. The ship has a movie theater which plays a mix of Disney movies including ones that have just come out in theaters. On our cruise Moana came out the day before we left and they had 3 or 4 showings of it.

9. We thought the Frozen, A Musical Spectacular was great and on our cruise they had shows at the normal evening show times and a matinee show at 2:30pm. Hopefully they do the same for this cruise.

10. If you want a private table for dinner call now and request one otherwise you may be seated with other people.

11. On our cruise the average temperatures were highs around 78 lows around 70. The water temp at Castaway Cay was around 76 which is cold when you first get in but ok after a couple minuets.

12. Castaway Cay has strollers and wagons you can just grab free of charge once you get off the ship.

That's all I can think of for now. Hope that helps. If you have any questions please feel free to ask.

Great advice!!! I was really concerned about water temps. My kiddos are pretty small and get cold fast!

Wow! Looking at previous post I am guessing we decorate our stateroom doors for Christmas??? I am excited to know the ship will be already decorated for Christmas!

Any thoughts??

Wow! Looking at previous post I am guessing we decorate our stateroom doors for Christmas??? I am excited to know the ship will be already decorated for Christmas!
Any thoughts??

I just bought magnets for my door!!

Any thoughts??

Disney cruisers are known for decorating their cabin doors. This holds true for the holidays as well. On our last cruise someone even had flashing Christmas lights on their fish extender and plenty of people used Christmas stockings as their fish extenders. Their was a lot of magnetic decorations also. In fact we received magnets to decorate our door as a fish extender gift.

I would like to be included in the FE group, it will be a while before I can PM though.
DH, DW, DS 7, DS 4

313 DAYS!!

Our first Fish Extender group is more than half full, only 4 more rooms to go before we close group #1 and open group #2.

Group #1 so far is:
Stefileslie85 - DW, DH, DD 4, DD 2
ptcruisers - 2 Adults (female)
Chris Boudreaux - DH, DW, DD 16, DD 13
emsandows - DH, DW, DD 9, DS 8
labela - DW, DH, DD 12
Cassi Cox - DH, DW, DS 7, DS 4

We are excited to go on our first cruise.. does any one know if this is a thanksgiving or Christmas theme cruise?

We are excited to go on our first cruise.. does any one know if this is a thanksgiving or Christmas theme cruise?

:welcome:It's a Christmas cruise for sure. We took this same cruise last year and the crew had already decorated the boat for Christmas when we boarded. So expect to hear Christmas music and to see all the characters in their Holiday outfits. :santa:

Last edited:
How exciting! Thank you for your prompt response! The FE will be holiday theme ..is that ok?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter