No more testing to return to Canada!!!

We just purchased two switch health antigen tests last Friday for travel next week. I don’t think that I can return them. Anyone else have them

I have 2 Switch LAMP tests that I bought for our trip last week but ended up using beepeeMD so now I’m out $300 because I don’t go again until September, all because I got worried for some reason even though it was fine for testing when we went in September. Lesson learned I guess.

I have 2 Switch LAMP tests that I bought for our trip last week but ended up using beepeeMD so now I’m out $300 because I don’t go again until September, all because I got worried for some reason even though it was fine for testing when we went in September. Lesson learned I guess.
Not to be pessimistic but regulations can change any time. I’d hang on to those Switch tests. Never know.

I'm just excited about a day trip across the border finally!!
Me too! Bellingham here I come. And this time I’m not going to wait! Last time they opened border without testing we had so much rain and flooding (BC) I put off driving down. Then bam! Testing back.

https://www.canada.ca/en/public-hea...r-fully-vaccinated-travellers-on-april-1.html
Official "official" announcement from the gov! I AM SO EXCITED!! Target here I come! lol I live 3 hrs from Grand Forks and we love going down and going to Target and Texas Roadhouse!! (Also there is an amazing mexican place there too!) We're going on April 2nd! lmao
My list is Costco, Trader Joes, Target and our fav Mexican place! It’s a little hole in the wall restaurant attached to a Mexican market and the food is so good.
And of course cheap gas!

Not to be pessimistic but regulations can change any time. I’d hang on to those Switch tests. Never know.

Me too! Bellingham here I come. And this time I’m not going to wait! Last time they opened border without testing we had so much rain and flooding (BC) I put off driving down. Then bam! Testing back.

My list is Costco, Trader Joes, Target and our fav Mexican place! It’s a little hole in the wall restaurant attached to a Mexican market and the food is so good.
And of course cheap gas!

Yeah I'm not doing anything with them but having them sit on my shelf, lol. I don't see anyone wanting/buying them from me in the next 2 weeks, lol

I agree with Sue M. Hang onto them because I'm sure things could definitely change again by September, then you'll be all set!

So we still have to fill out the ArriveCan form before heading back into Canada.
My question is, do we still have to fill it out within 72 hrs before crossing over or does that not apply now?
I haven't checked the government website yet but since the new rules don't start until April 1st it likely won't mention it there until then.
I'd kinda like to fill it out before we go so I don't have to worry about it later.

I agree with Sue M. Hang onto them because I'm sure things could definitely change again by September, then you'll be all set!

I am keeping them but I meant last September when we went I wasn't worried about testing at all but for some reason I was for this trip so I went out and bought them and shouldn't have, lol

So we still have to fill out the ArriveCan form before heading back into Canada.
My question is, do we still have to fill it out within 72 hrs before crossing over or does that not apply now?
I haven't checked the government website yet but since the new rules don't start until April 1st it likely won't mention it there until then.
I'd kinda like to fill it out before we go so I don't have to worry about it later.
I’d like to fill it out before hand too. in Case I have trouble with it. I don’t think it’s particularly user friendly.

We aren’t coming home until the 8’th of April but I read that we can use them to enter the United States instead of using Shoppers
This is what I used back in November to enter the USA.

Last edited:
Easter weekend in Grand Forks will be CRAZY!!!
I am not religious so I really had no idea it was Easter that weekend. We'll probably still go. It's been too long since we've had Texas Roadhouse! lol And I'm out of all my coffee stuff I buy in the US. Though if the lines at the border are gonna be super long waits that might stop me...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter