No more testing to return to Canada!!!

We are planning to go to Disneyland in July, so hopefully the no testing to return to Canada rule still applies. If things change again, though, is there an alternative to a neurodiverse teenager who may not be able to do a nasal swab...??? And is that the only option for the trip to the United States?

Just did our first cross border day trip since the start of this pandemic! Woohoo! Filled out the ArriveCAN app before we left and uploaded our vaccination records. I had to put a return time which was tricky as I wasn’t sure how long it would take. We also have Nexus.

I was surprised we weren’t asked to show proof of vaccination driving across US border. No lines, we sailed across!
Had lunch at our fav Mexican place. Then Target, Costco & Trader Joes! Return home was a breeze. No wait on Nexus line, but only 5 min it looked like for regular lines. I was surprised we weren’t asked to show our ArriveCan receipt. Just the usual questions about where we went, how long and amount spent.

Was so nice to be able to go for day trips again!

Just did our first cross border day trip since the start of this pandemic! Woohoo! Filled out the ArriveCAN app before we left and uploaded our vaccination records. I had to put a return time which was tricky as I wasn’t sure how long it would take. We also have Nexus.

I was surprised we weren’t asked to show proof of vaccination driving across US border. No lines, we sailed across!
Had lunch at our fav Mexican place. Then Target, Costco & Trader Joes! Return home was a breeze. No wait on Nexus line, but only 5 min it looked like for regular lines. I was surprised we weren’t asked to show our ArriveCan receipt. Just the usual questions about where we went, how long and amount spent.

We did a day trip on Sunday. We crossed at Queenston Lewiston and were through in less then a minute and we also weren’t asked for proof of vaccination going into the US, but of the 3x we went in December and our trip last month we’ve only been asked once. We found Target and Walmart to be very bare and I came home with a whole lot less then normal, literally went to 2 Targets and only walked out with 5 items at each. Trader Joes seemed to have the best selection. Coming home we waited about 35 mins to cross. We also have Nexus but it’s closed currently at Queenston Lewiston so had to go through the regular line.

Eeek! I'm so excited! Glad you had smooth sailing! I'm going down to Bellingham tomorrow with a friend to hit up Target and TJ's (and maybe Fred Meyer, we shall see). Just filled out the ArrivCAN (first time on my phone, previous trips we've had my husband do it on his but he's not coming with). Can't wait!!! :)

Eeek! I'm so excited! Glad you had smooth sailing! I'm going down to Bellingham tomorrow with a friend to hit up Target and TJ's (and maybe Fred Meyer, we shall see). Just filled out the ArrivCAN (first time on my phone, previous trips we've had my husband do it on his but he's not coming with). Can't wait!!! :)
No Costco? Gas? Enjoy your day! You’ll have better weather than we did! Weather was crazy yesterday. I heard the island got hit hard from wind storm and power outs.
So many BC plates at Costco gas! Lol.
I was going to hit Fred Myers across from Costco then forgot 🤪. I wanted to check to see if they had Bryers no sugar added ice cream. Next time.
Only one thing I was looking for at Target, the LaRoche Posay Toleraine Double Repair cream. They had some cute hair bands. I used to buy the Naive Deodorant there but now can get it here.
It was so cute, the Duty Free (truck crossing) going into US had a huge sign, Welcome Back!
Have a great day! Are you going to have lunch somewhere?

No Costco? Gas? Enjoy your day! You’ll have better weather than we did! Weather was crazy yesterday. I heard the island got hit hard from wind storm and power outs.
So many BC plates at Costco gas! Lol.
I was going to hit Fred Myers across from Costco then forgot 🤪. I wanted to check to see if they had Bryers no sugar added ice cream. Next time.
Only one thing I was looking for at Target, the LaRoche Posay Toleraine Double Repair cream. They had some cute hair bands. I used to buy the Naive Deodorant there but now can get it here.
It was so cute, the Duty Free (truck crossing) going into US had a huge sign, Welcome Back!
Have a great day! Are you going to have lunch somewhere?
So I'm going with a friend and its her car so yes, definitely gas too (which I'll pay for part of). But our first stop is Fairhaven because her mom recently moved down there so I get to finally see her new place and the three of us will go for brunch in Fairhaven before heading shopping. We need to be back home by 4pm though so can only make so many stops. But since her mom is now down there I see lots more trips as she says we can send our US packages to her as well ;-) Weather looks good, too!

So I'm going with a friend and its her car so yes, definitely gas too (which I'll pay for part of). But our first stop is Fairhaven because her mom recently moved down there so I get to finally see her new place and the three of us will go for brunch in Fairhaven before heading shopping. We need to be back home by 4pm though so can only make so many stops. But since her mom is now down there I see lots more trips as she says we can send our US packages to her as well ;-) Weather looks good, too!
I keep on saying I’m going to explore Fairhaven! Supposed to be a nice part of town. Maybe next time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter