No flight of passage fast passes

Please direct me if someone has answered this- what other attractions are available on FP with Flight of Passage?

I'm assuming it's similar to Epcot setup with FastPasses?

Please direct me if someone has answered this- what other attractions are available on FP with Flight of Passage?

I'm assuming it's similar to Epcot setup with FastPasses?

You can choose one of the Pandora rides, but not both.

I booked my fast passes today 60 days in advance and there were no fop fast passes at 7am. I should've known better and checked each day of my vacation but I was trying to get into work and I only checked the days we are going to AK. I'm so disappointed. What's the likelihood that I can be there close to park opening and not have to wait forever. If park is scheduled to open at 8. Does it actually open at 8 or earlier?
Today we got into AK right after rope drop for EMH at 8am and got on Flight in an hour. Key is get there early. Late night EMH is gridlock and no benefit imo. We did manage the river ride during EMH with a 45 minute wait.

This is just a perfect example of why the old FP system was superior. The current system is an absolute joke. I started a thread a month ago about why Disneyland has won my business going forward.

Between Splash (my favorite ride) being closed, and not being able to get a FP for FOP, I'm almost ready to cancel the short Sep trip I had planned.

My day to schedule FastPasses was July 4th. I had no problem getting FOP for the times that I wanted on days 63 and 66 of my trip. I'm guess I'm luckier than I thought. Or maybe it's because I needed only two? I'm sorry that they are so difficult to get for some of you.

I wonder if some of the last minute availability could be due to people trying out the test seat and realizing they can't ride, and switching to a NRJ FP instead. Has anyone noticed whether NRJ FP are easy at the last minute?

I was able to get FoP for three people on 60+4 today when my window opened.

I've read several people able to get same day FPs for FOP recently. No idea why people are cancelling, or what is happening to cause it, but I've definitely seen it mentioned enough now that it's a trend.

No FP available for FOP on any day of my trip.:guilty:

This is just a perfect example of why the old FP system was superior. The current system is an absolute joke. I started a thread a month ago about why Disneyland has won my business going forward.

Between Splash (my favorite ride) being closed, and not being able to get a FP for FOP, I'm almost ready to cancel the short Sep trip I had planned.

Keep checking.

I've read several people able to get same day FPs for FOP recently. No idea why people are cancelling, or what is happening to cause it, but I've definitely seen it mentioned enough now that it's a trend.

They have to have some FP held for people who buy day-of tickets, don't they?

Today was day 60 for us... Happy dance! FOP 6:40pm on day 63. No FOP on day 62 or prior was available. Got Navi at 9:40am on day 62 easily.

See you there!

FOP is definitely the hottest and hardest FP to get at the moment. Best to try later in your vacation as possible. I tried for Day 3 of my 10 day vacation and only late afternoon/evening were available (only had a morning at AK planned that day). I tried for Day 5 and again afternoon/evening only, but that was a planned later day at AK so I grabbed that one. This is a late August/early September trip and for 2 people only.

I find for any FP that I need to tinker a lot with the booking to get exactly what I want. Very often the time I want won't show up at first, but when I modify a few times, I eventually fit it exactly where I needed. So definitely grap a FOP wherever you see one, you can always try to modify it later to fit your plan better.

Today we got into AK right after rope drop for EMH at 8am and got on Flight in an hour. Key is get there early. Late night EMH is gridlock and no benefit imo. We did manage the river ride during EMH with a 45 minute wait.
Did you notice when they stop people from entering the line for FOP, before EMH starts?

We rode FoP twice this month at two different times of the day without FPs and waited only about 40 minutes each time. The first time we used the phenomenon that Josh at EasyWDW noticed. He found that often times there is a large drop in FoP wait times around 2-3 PM. We watched the times and sure enough they started to drop after 1 PM. We headed to FoP when DME said the waited was 90 minutes (it had been 150 around noon). By the time we arrived, it was posted at 70. We rode it and put total in to put time was only 50 minutes... all of that time was in the indoor queue area.
The next day we rope dropped it, but only arrived at the gates at 7:45. Even though there already plenty of people waiting for rope drop ahead of us, we only waited about 30 minutes before the pre-show again. The queue looks bad first thing, but that's because it fills slowly because everyone wants to stop and take a photo at the one scenic spot early in the queue. Once we reached that spot... We walked non-stop into the ride building.

I'm not sure they hold back FPs at all.

I know the popular consensus here is that they don't, and I understand why people feel that way, but there is no way. Disney controls the supply, they wouldn't give up that level of control entirely. Some FastPass capacity is always held back, I'd bet my Mickey hat on it, there are a number of attractive reasons for this:

1. Rides occasionally go down and FPs need to be issued with no guarantee but reasonable guesses on where they'll be used. You want to account for this.
  2. VIP tours and higher do exist, when a massive celebrity goes to WDW and has a formal entourage, Disney does not tell them "Well, you didn't decide two months ago to come here so you can't ride the popular stuff."
  3. When managing such a massive logistics operation, you must simply leave room to manipulate factors in any way you might need to. Disney is the king of logistics and managing huge scale operations with ease, and they do that by making sure they're never out of critical resources.
  4. Artificial scarcity to drive up demand is a thing, it's subconscious but if everyone tells you "this new ride is so hard to get on because it's constantly packed" that's a subtle endorsement. It makes people more interested, this is basically economics, another thing the mouse has mastered quite well.

So, from a practical and technical standpoint, I'm just not buying the argument that they don't hold capacity back for day-of and other uses. Day-of may not the priority but if they end up not needing the capacity between day 60 and day 0, then it doesn't make sense to keep all of it held anymore.

Matt

I love Disneyland, too. But the system at WDW is awesome if you know what you are doing.

My sister is in Orlando this week with her two kids. On Monday they used 22 FP at Magic Kingdom. They rode 35 rides. In July. With the park closing at 10:00 and no EMH.

We were realllly good at paper FP back in the day, but we never got 22. (And of those 22, 20 were legitimate time savers. Two - Monsters Inc. and Philharmagic were more "just in case.")

I know the popular consensus here is that they don't, and I understand why people feel that way, but there is no way. Disney controls the supply, they wouldn't give up that level of control entirely. Some FastPass capacity is always held back, I'd bet my Mickey hat on it, there are a number of attractive reasons for this:

1. Rides occasionally go down and FPs need to be issued with no guarantee but reasonable guesses on where they'll be used. You want to account for this.
  2. VIP tours and higher do exist, when a massive celebrity goes to WDW and has a formal entourage, Disney does not tell them "Well, you didn't decide two months ago to come here so you can't ride the popular stuff."
  3. When managing such a massive logistics operation, you must simply leave room to manipulate factors in any way you might need to. Disney is the king of logistics and managing huge scale operations with ease, and they do that by making sure they're never out of critical resources.
  4. Artificial scarcity to drive up demand is a thing, it's subconscious but if everyone tells you "this new ride is so hard to get on because it's constantly packed" that's a subtle endorsement. It makes people more interested, this is basically economics, another thing the mouse has mastered quite well.

So, from a practical and technical standpoint, I'm just not buying the argument that they don't hold capacity back for day-of and other uses. Day-of may not the priority but if they end up not needing the capacity between day 60 and day 0, then it doesn't make sense to keep all of it held anymore.

Matt

Other comments aside, people on a VIP tour do not need FP. The CM leads you into the FP line.

Other comments aside, people on a VIP tour do not need FP. The CM leads you into the FP line.

Yes they don't need FP in the sense that it isn't booked and scanned, but it's still a slot in the FP capacity queue for the day that was held back to be available to them. There is some number of people the ride can handle a day under perfect conditions, if they issue that many FPs, there is no time for things like VIPs. It's all in the balancing act.

Matt

Matt

Disagree. There is not an iota of evidence they hold any for use day-of.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter