No flight of passage fast passes

I got FOP FastPasses yesterday and today, just hours before the FP window started.
You are very lucky! I have looked many, many times and never seen one pop up. I assume it shows up at the top of the list, since it is listed as "Avatar: Flight of Passage." Is that right? It would be first alphabetically? Or am I not finding it because I'm not scrolling down?

You are very lucky! I have looked many, many times and never seen one pop up. I assume it shows up at the top of the list, since it is listed as "Avatar: Flight of Passage." Is that right? It would be first alphabetically? Or am I not finding it because I'm not scrolling down?
You are not alone :(

You are not alone :(
You are all taking this so seriously. Booked our vacation the 1st of July for a trip from the 6th to the 11th for 4. Was not at that time able to book FOP. While in AK in the 11th with a little juggling with the app, we were able to secure two reservations for FOP, once at 2:00 and once at 5:00. The ride is amazing.

You are all taking this so seriously. Booked our vacation the 1st of July for a trip from the 6th to the 11th for 4. Was not at that time able to book FOP. While in AK in the 11th with a little juggling with the app, we were able to secure two reservations for FOP, once at 2:00 and once at 5:00. The ride is amazing.
How did you get 2 tier one rides the same day? Did you get them as your 4th FP?

I got mine 60 days out on May 11th with no problems. In fact I had several choices of times for both rides on the days I chose. I'm wondering if it was easier to get FPs before the Avatar rides officially opened.

I got mine 60 days out on May 11th with no problems. In fact I had several choices of times for both rides on the days I chose. I'm wondering if it was easier to get FPs before the Avatar rides officially opened.
It was. There were loads of times for any day for FoP when I booked for my mid-June trip. I booked an 8:30-9:30 am FoP FP for day 2 of our onsite trip. Once Pandora opened and the universally wildly positive reviews for FoP came in, everything changed.

I foolishly only booked that one FoP FP for one day of our week long trip. I figured we could always do EMH if we loved it and wanted to do it a second time. But even the EMH wait times were crazy when we were there, and it's one thing for my kids to stay up that late, but to stay up that late AND wait two hours was just too much. Every day of our trip I spent a few minutes here and there refreshing on MDE, looking for a FoP FP, but I never found one.

Out of curiosity, I will look even now (I have an AP) if I'm killing time somewhere, and I still have never seen one. I'm jealous of all of you lucky (or very persistent) people who got one!

Got them as 4th and 6th FP, with EE in between...
I looked today, and I discovered the key is you have to look for them one at a time and modify them to get overlapping times. Looking for two people, I got a Na'vi about every ten refreshes, but nothing for FoP. Once I switched to looking for one at a time, they popped up once in a while.

Edited to add: This was for FP day of, not pre-booked FP.

Last edited:
I just booked my next trip last Friday (at 55 days out) and was able to get FP for FOP without an issue. Honestly, I didn't expect to be able to, but I decided to try and there they were, Friday Sept. 7, late afternoon, party of 3, without having to refresh even once.

I just booked my next trip last Friday (at 55 days out) and was able to get FP for FOP without an issue. Honestly, I didn't expect to be able to, but I decided to try and there they were, Friday Sept. 7, late afternoon, party of 3, without having to refresh even once.
And I think that's why the Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday after Labor Day were cited in another thread as the three best consecutive days out of the whole year to visit WDW! I think you're going to have a great trip!

Like some others, I never have any luck getting the fastpasses that people say seem to pop up. Did have luck once in a while getting a pass for a hot ride late at night, but of course there is no late at night anymore.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter