News Round Up 2017

That seems premature. I'm sure they could have lasted longer.
thats-what-she-said_new.jpg

I'm worried about Spaceship Earth. I know it's already been changed in the past and those changes were largely negative.

I am also aware that not everyone loves the ride, but it just seems to quintessential Disney to me. Animatronics, bit of history, entertaining, corny jokes.

ME TOO!!! It is such a family favorite and we have a couple of family inside jokes/quotes, so I'm super-sentimental about it.

Or they want the checks right now and don't see dumping money into the monorails as the right investment at this time. Not sure why that's automatically stupid. We don't have all the info; could well be a solid business decision.

New monorail cars are only as good as the tracks they run on. Knowing the track needs help may be something they don't want to pay for/do now either.

Is that a new seating area? I thought it's been the terrace one of the fenced in lawns for a while now.
I'm going based on what I read on FB for the Disney Parks Blog article. I think they took out the seating for a while and maybe just had the plaza gardens view. Maybe they are now allowing people to sit at Tomorrowland Terrace again?

I'm going based on what I read on FB for the Disney Parks Blog article. I think they took out the seating for a while and maybe just had the plaza gardens view. Maybe they are now allowing people to sit at Tomorrowland Terrace again?
I don't think that's the case re: TT. I think there's always been seating. Used to be assigned, then they moved to first come first served -- but I don't think they ever took away the seating at that location.

I don't think that's the case re: TT. I think there's always been seating. Used to be assigned, then they moved to first come first served -- but I don't think they ever took away the seating at that location.
This is what the post says: "New desserts and a second location for viewing the Magic Kingdom Park fireworks spectacular have been added to the "Happily Ever After" Dessert Party!"

I'll be honest that I was confused when I first read it, but that post is what made me think that people weren't sitting at TT anymore.

This is what the post says: "New desserts and a second location for viewing the Magic Kingdom Park fireworks spectacular have been added to the "Happily Ever After" Dessert Party!"

I'll be honest that I was confused when I first read it, but that post is what made me think that people weren't sitting at TT anymore.
My assumption was that the "second location" that had been added a while back was the plaza viewing -- used to only be Tomorrowland Terrace. Says "second" not "new" about the location. The big headline is about the NEW desserts.

My assumption was that the "second location" that had been added a while back was the plaza viewing -- used to only be Tomorrowland Terrace. They aren't clearly saying a new location has just been added... The big headline is about the NEW desserts.
Yes it was added a while back. I think they added it while Wishes was still going on. I just don't know if they ever took the seating at TT away, because people wanted to see the projections.

But yes, the new desserts. :)

So... wait... Siemens took off bc Disney didn't want to be paid in-kind?? :scratchin :wave:

"Apparently the relationship between the two companies soured rapidly after Disney turned down a new monorail fleet for Walt Disney World that Siemens offered in-lieu of compensation for a new sponsorship deal."
I truly dont understand why they wouldnt take that deal

Yes it was added a while back. I think they added it while Wishes was still going on. I just don't know if they ever took the seating at TT away, because people wanted to see the projections.

But yes, the new desserts. :)
I think I would have noticed seating being taken away on the restaurants board, but could have missed it. A couple of months ago I booked plaza viewing, and people back then were still discussing seating at TT.

I truly dont understand why they wouldnt take that deal
Could be many reasons that we wouldn't be privy to. Other posters have posited 1) the deal re: gondolas potentially being a factor, which seems quite plausible for me, and 2) the track being an issue that would require investment they might not want to make right now.

I'm worried about Spaceship Earth. I know it's already been changed in the past and those changes were largely negative.

I am also aware that not everyone loves the ride, but it just seems to quintessential Disney to me. Animatronics, bit of history, entertaining, corny jokes.
I S2G IF THEY GET RID OF SPACESHIP EARTH THERE WILL BE BLOOD :furious:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter