News Round Up 2017

I think I would have noticed seating being taken away on the restaurants board, but could have missed it. A couple of months ago I booked plaza viewing, and people back then were still discussing seating at TT.
Maybe it's just Disney trying to use it as an advertising tool? I have personally never done the MK firework dessert party, because I think there are better or equal places you can find a spot in the time you would spend at the dessert party to see the fireworks. A reserved spot is always tempting though.

Could be many reasons that we wouldn't be privy to. Other posters have posited 1) the deal re: gondolas potentially being a factor, which seems quite plausible for me, and 2) the track being an issue that would require investment.
Yes I hadn't finished the thread lol. I agree the gondola's theory is VERY interesting. I think Siemens would have wanted in on that and if they went with someone else and denied their monorail offer, its not too surprising. I wonder if the gondolas benefactor will sponsor these things (particularly the monorail) going forward.

Just got off the phone for the DVC tour gift card. Super quick and easy. My rep was very nice and not pushy at all. I had a few questions as I'm genuinely interested in the product and he was very informative. I highly recommend calling if you got the offer. :)
ETA: total phone time was 20min.

I booked the terrace party about a month ago, specifically because of the seating. Did it last December, and they had assigned seating at terrace then also. Garden is standing, or sitting on the ground.
I'm going based on what I read on FB for the Disney Parks Blog article. I think they took out the seating for a while and maybe just had the plaza gardens view. Maybe they are now allowing people to sit at Tomorrowland Terrace again?

Could be many reasons that we wouldn't be privy to. Other posters have posited 1) the deal re: gondolas potentially being a factor, which seems quite plausible for me, and 2) the track being an issue that would require investment they might not want to make right now.

Or likely ever...the economics have completely changed since they poured those...

Even the gondolas are shocking...but there's an angle there at least.

I will say the first time I watched it I only thought it was OK, then I watched it more thinking about my daughter and what she could take away from it, etc. and it made me appreciate it a bit more - and I do like a lot of the songs - particularly "We Know the Way"

As for the plot - it's basically Star Wars:
- young person longs for something beyond their location they feel stuck in (Moana = Luke)
- "crazy" person teaches them about something inside of them that makes them special (Grandmother = Yoda)
- External power helps out younger person (water = the force)
- young person goes into a cave to learn a lesson (Moana in the cave learns about ancestors = Luke in cave sees Darth Vader/his face in mask)
- Goes on a quest, supported by a cocky, snarky guy (Maui = Hon Solo)
- Cocky, Snarky guy leaves but comes back to enable the young person to complete mission (Maui comes back enabling Moana to return the heart = Hon Solo comes back to let Luke free to blow up death star)
- Bad guy turns out to really be a changed good guy who changes back in the end (Ta'ka/Tefiti = Darth Vader/Anikan Skywalker)

With a bit of a larger step back---- all movies have the same plot--

You meet the main characters.
A problem develops in an otherwise enjoyable situation.
The problem gets resolved and the situation becomes enjoyable again.
A new character is introduced.
The problem returns and becomes seemingly insurmountable.
Mayhem ensues.
The problem is miraculously resolved.
The show is wrapped up with a nice bow.

Pick any movie and apply.

So... wait... Siemens took off bc Disney didn't want to be paid in-kind?? :scratchin :wave:

"Apparently the relationship between the two companies soured rapidly after Disney turned down a new monorail fleet for Walt Disney World that Siemens offered in-lieu of compensation for a new sponsorship deal."
Ive heard the monorail rumor is false.

Wow, I thought it was great. Loved the music and the animation was fantastic.

96 on rotten tomatoes

642.8 million at the box office

For comparison frozen did 1.27 billion, tangled 591.8 million, wreck it Ralph 471.2 million.
I loved it every little girl I know is still obsessed with it and I have been asked to make 2 different moana themed costumes for kiddos for halloween this year, both from different families, if it wasn't successful that is news to me

Let's just agree to disagree at this point.

I disagree that JJ is the worst director ever.
I agree Moana is not the Lion King.
I don't really care about the crab song as it was not a major piece to the story.
Not having a bad day, at least not yet.
Well aware the Asian parks aren't fully owned by Disney but they do have Imagineering creating everything they do and Disney does have an influence.

You probably know this. My friend did a gig with Lin-Manuel (he's big deal musician) and they he talked about "Shiny." It wad right after Bowie died and he was listening to a ton of Bowie. He wanted to create something that was reminiscent of him. Totally hits the mark, in my opinion. Yes, my friend has 1 & 3 year olds, very familiar with the movie and sound track...and merchandise.

At evening EMH at MK and they cut jungle cruise and splash from the slate. I don't know if that's normal or not but it really ticked me off and pretty much tells me they're not looking at EMH as a long term thing (if that's a regular thing)

You probably know this. My friend did a gig with Lin-Manuel (he's big deal musician) and they he talked about "Shiny." It wad right after Bowie died and he was listening to a ton of Bowie. He wanted to create something that was reminiscent of him. Totally hits the mark, in my opinion. Yes, my friend has 1 & 3 year olds, very familiar with the movie and sound track...and merchandise.

I love that song (massive Bowie fan), my car is called Tamatoa (because it is so SHINY). It is one we sing constantly here.

With a bit of a larger step back---- all movies have the same plot--

You meet the main characters.
A problem develops in an otherwise enjoyable situation.
The problem gets resolved and the situation becomes enjoyable again.
A new character is introduced.
The problem returns and becomes seemingly insurmountable.
Mayhem ensues.
The problem is miraculously resolved.
The show is wrapped up with a nice bow.

Pick any movie and apply.

I get what you're going for, but "all" is a strong word. I would say most movies, sure, but I can think of a couple movies just off the top of my head that don't fit that mold.

8 new desserts and a new seating area at the Happily Ever After Dessert Party:

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...gic-kingdom-park-at-walt-disney-world-resort/

I read this yesterday and went back to some recent reviews of the dessert party to compare (because DH & I have reservations in September)...there is NOTHING NEW listed. It's really "old news." @GADisneyDad14 did a review back in May and Josh @ easywdw did one in July. If anything, the blog post didn't mention the savory items, make your own ice cream sundaes, decorate your own mini-cupcake/sugar cookie/chocolate chip cookie, or "fruit kabob"/fondu-type plate that the reviewers mentioned. So, if those last items are no longer included, they have (obviously) reduced the number of offerings and nothing is new.

It's very odd - the only thing I can think is that maybe the sales are down so they are trying to bring some attention to it? :confused3 Or maybe they are trying to point out that the dessert party options have changed with the introduction of HEA so that if you did the Wishes dessert party, come back to the new dessert party.

I read this yesterday and went back to some recent reviews of the dessert party to compare (because DH & I have reservations in September)...there is NOTHING NEW listed. It's really "old news." @GADisneyDad14 did a review back in May and Josh @ easywdw did one in July. If anything, the blog post didn't mention the savory items, make your own ice cream sundaes, decorate your own mini-cupcake/sugar cookie/chocolate chip cookie, or "fruit kabob"/fondu-type plate that the reviewers mentioned. So, if those last items are no longer included, they have (obviously) reduced the number of offerings and nothing is new.

It's very odd - the only thing I can think is that maybe the sales are down so they are trying to bring some attention to it? :confused3 Or maybe they are trying to point out that the dessert party options have changed with the introduction of HEA so that if you did the Wishes dessert party, come back to the new dessert party.

Ha! I saw that too and was like :confused3

Seemed like a "slow news day" post to me! :rotfl:

That review I posted was from mid-May and we just did it again on 7/2. The only difference was they had changed some of the table layouts in that upper terrace and moved the dessert stations around a bit (was a better layout overall). The food offerings seemed identical to me, or very very close!

I think it is about bringing more attention to it and "rebranding" it (or making that "rebrand" stronger) as being specifically for Happily Ever After. We haven't done it in a number of years (really since they raised the pricing) and the offerings are definitely different from when we went, so maybe trying to draw in people that haven't done it in a number of years / pushing it as new and improved since then?:confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter