Name your pizza

We have a local pizza place we use. Love half pepperoni and half Italian sausage.

I have yet to try it but I can't wait to get a pie from MOTO Pizza here in Seattle.

If you are wondering why I haven't tried it is because they have a 3 month waiting list :oops: Truth!! You just can't walk in and order pie like a typical pizzeria. You have sign up for a slot. They are that popular.

I do have an "in" with the owner to jump the line since I just signed a deal with them to supply reefer trucks for their biz. Gonna take the owner up on his offer but just didn't want to do it to soon.
Reefer trucks and a pizzeria! Brilliant!

Since I live close to Chicago, our favorites are all from Chicago.
Gino’s East
Giordanno’s
Uno Pizzeria

We do have a couple local restaurants that we enjoy too.
Since I'm from Detroit I grew up going to Chicago for the weekend and the pizza was so good. Different than the Detroit-style.

So there is very little good pizza in my area - unless I want to drive about an hour and I don't want to.

For Chicago style I prefer My Pi.

For Boston I really like Pushcart and they are 1/10 as busy as Pizzeria Regina
(Side Note: Mikes Pastry is not that good IMO - try Modern Pastry or Maria's (Maria's fills the cannoli when you buy them - not in advance) we laugh at all the tourists with their Mikes pastry boxes because the guide book told them to go their)

Dominoes and papa Johns and all those chains ruined pizza IMO.
Its a lot of work - but I just make my own now.
Bought a beadmaker to make the dough.
I use 00 Flour. Get the crushed tomatoes from Italy (well Amazon - but they come from Italy)
Got the Ooni 16" Pizza oven - for simplicity I did go with the gas one and it gets up to close 1000 degrees very quickly.

Not my best but its what I have a pic of:

PXL_20230107_222343241.jpg

PXL_20230107_231722271.jpg

Eastern suburbs of Cleveland - Geraci's Pizza. I'm usually a simple guy, pepperoni and sometimes sausage. They've got the good pepperoni that cups up and holds onto all the grease. :lovestruc

cd7281b8-5f93-4aee-a4c5-2eca6acbdcb1.jpg

In Faro Portugal we tried a lot of places - this was the best and we ate here twice.
It would have been three times as we tried to go here on the day we arrived but they randomly close without a lot of notice.
They had great service and pizza - we went to a few other's and service was not great and pizza was disappointing and much more expensive.

Pizzeria bell'Antonio

PXL_20230922_193406539.jpg
PXL_20230922_191402935.jpg

Eastern suburbs of Cleveland - Geraci's Pizza. I'm usually a simple guy, pepperoni and sometimes sausage. They've got the good pepperoni that cups up and holds onto all the grease. :lovestruc

cd7281b8-5f93-4aee-a4c5-2eca6acbdcb1.jpg
Nice - the Char and Crisp pepperoni is not that easy to get - Hormel started making it but its never available. I have to order a more expensive one from Amazon :(

In South Florida Anthony’s coal fired pizza reigns supreme. We had gone to the original for years before it became a franchise. They have the best coal fired wings with caramelized onions too.
We have Anthony’s too but it’s not as good as mom and pop coal fired pizza I’ve had here, but decent for a chain (chains have a hard time surviving here but Anthony’s has held on, kind of like jersey mikes for subs).

I’m very sorry for your loss.

Oh, I'm sorry to hear that. That's terrible.

Dan, I'm sorry for your loss. :sad1:

. Sorry to hear you lost your brother. I hope your memories of him bring you comfort.

Sorry for your loss ...

My deepest condolences to you and your family.
My thoughts and prayers are with you :hug: ❤️

My condolences. Very sorry to hear that.
Thank you all for your kind words and thoughts. And also to all of you who 'flagged' my earlier comment. I appreciate you all.

Favorite from my past? The Varsity, on the edge of Syracuse University, in Syracuse NY. We'd order either pepperoni/green pepper or sausage/black olive. If you are a sports fan and watch ESPN at all, this is where Mike Tirico got his start- both in sports broadcasting and in pizza. Used to run into him there all the time (he's broadcasting from Vegas, Jet vs Raiders, as I am typing). Varsity had GREAT pizza!

Wow! A place that I know :) I haven't visited up there in over 10 years, but we did make a stop at the Varsity for lunch. I think it's the only time I've ever been when it was pleasant enough to eat outside.

1699885386217.png
1699885399042.png

I’m beyond picky for my pizza. I love Trenton style pies. My fave is DeLorenzo’s on Sloan Avenue. It’s a little over an hour away. We’ve tried a ton of pizzas. Hated (inedible) Frank Pepe’s. Loved Mulberry Street (BH) and Lucali (Miami).

Hated (inedible) Frank Pepe’s.
Was it one of the chain locations or the original?

This is the issue with a lot of these places, for example Pizzeria Regina - the one in the North end is nothing like the rest of the locations. I think even the North end one has become overrated based on the time wait - its just not worth the wait - but it is good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter