My friends the summer offer will be

So perhaps, August is starting to get a lot busier than what it was years ago thus the reason Disney is cutting back or scaling back the promos for that time :confused3?

First it was August, which is not anywhere near as quiet as September was prior to free dining. Some schools go back early to mid August, so crowds may drop some, but most schools don't go back until after Labor Day. Second, the crowds were likely much higher because of free dining. So they take it away and they lose a lot of that attendance. Not everyone by any means, but many will choose to go at a more desirable time, weather wise.

disneyfantotheend said:
First it was August, which is not anywhere near as quiet as September was prior to free dining. Some schools go back early to mid August, so crowds may drop some, but most schools don't go back until after Labor Day. Second, the crowds were likely much higher because of free dining. So they take it away and they lose a lot of that attendance. Not everyone by any means, but many will choose to go at a more desirable time, weather wise.

I'm guess if there are no promotions, that'll help with crowds...just doesn't make sense to have a week gap in promos. I would think allot of people would shifts dates, if possible, to get a discount.

Well seeing as the promotion for GP has been available since 4 am our time online....im already fuming. We have ours paid in full so i have to call for the modification. After checking online our room choice is already gone. great :( guess no GP offer for us this year, what a let down!! :worried: :( :furious:

Thank You Danny25 for the heads up on this discount!!!

I called this morning at 7:30am (I almost forgot!!!) and was on the phone waiting for about 4 minutes... and then speaking with the CM for about 10 minutes revising our existing reservation (we didnt have to cancel and rebook!) About 15 minutes total... Not bad at all!!

Coronado Springs 9 nights June 15-24, 8 day regular park passes and regular Disney Dining.... we saved $470.42 !!! Im happy with that! ;)

I'm still waiting for AP rates to come out, as my dates begin 8/12-8/24, so I was only able to get a discount for the first 3 nights:( Oh well, at least it was something, however small. lol.

I'm still waiting for AP rates to come out, as my dates begin 8/12-8/24, so I was only able to get a discount for the first 3 nights:( Oh well, at least it was something, however small. lol.

We are going 8/11-8/16, and the cast member applied my discount to every night.

Just got off the phone with a great cast member. Applied discount to 8 Nights POR Pref. added 2 days to PH Passes, and saved approx. $300. Decided to use the credit to put down payment for DDP. 128 days to go. :cool1:

We are going 8/11-8/16, and the cast member applied my discount to every night.

Hi, is your reservation room-only, or does it include Disney park tickets? Based upon what has happened sometimes in the past, it could be that if a person books room-only they are limited to the published dates for the discount, but if they book a package they get the discount on all nights so long as at least the first night is within the discount period. I don't know if that applies to this deal, but I am interested to find out.

Edit: I just did a check on the Disney Web site: making the reservation a "package" by adding tickets does not make the Summer 2013 discount apply to the additional nights beyond Aug 14.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter