MoviePass? $9.99/month 1 theater movie a day

IS there a list of movie theaters that accept this program?
If you go to the Moviepass website, there is a place to check theaters near you. Literally every theater near me accepts it, including an art museum that shows indie films...

I love going to the movies and I’ve been seriously thinking about getting this as my self care. In the past two years I haven’t gone to the movies because of my two year old and I feel guilty being away from him due to work, so I stopped doing the movies as I don’t want to disturb anyone’s experience because he is not a quiet little guy. But I really really wanna get this. I feel like I’d benefit as I love watching Oscar movie contenders. IS there a list of movie theaters that accept this program?
90% of theatres accept it including cinemark, amc, and regal. There are a few premium theaters in my area that don’t take it such as Arclight and Landmark.

Still haven't been able to get ahold of customer service to see if they can change the email they sent my gift subscription to. Have been trying since 12/21. Any suggestions?

Call your credit card company and dispute the charge. Then try buying again, with a diffe

If you cancel you can’t join again for 9 months. But this was a gift for someone so don’t know how that will work. Movie pass has bad customer service. In mid August they had 20k subscribers now they have over a million.

Last edited:
If you cancel you can’t join again for 9 months. But this was a gift for someone so don’t know how that will work. Movie pass has bad customer service. In mid August they had 20k subscribers now they have over a million.

I hate going to movies so wouldn’t bother me to not join for 9 months. I had considered the dispute idea...but not sure how that works. I know how to start one, but how do I prove the email was never received with the gift subscription?

Call your credit card company and dispute the charge. Then try buying again, with a different card.

I did end up buying it again with a diff cc so the gift would arrive on 12/25, so I guess I will do the dispute. I went online to initiate it a couple days ago, but was hoping I could figure out another way first. Guess I have no choice.

I hate going to movies so wouldn’t bother me to not join for 9 months. I had considered the dispute idea...but not sure how that works. I know how to start one, but how do I prove the email was never received with the gift subscription?

Everytime I have had to dispute something (which off the top of my head I think is 4 times in the past few years, 2 for fradulent charges) I simply explained to my CC company what was going on and why I wanted to dispute the charge and they took care of it.

If a mistake was made during purchase and customer sevice is unresponsive to fix it then that would be a legitimate reason to dispute in my opinion. The credit card company just wants to know you made a good faith effort to solve the problem before getting them involved.

Everytime I have had to dispute something (which off the top of my head I think is 4 times in the past few years, 2 for fradulent charges) I simply explained to my CC company what was going on and why I wanted to dispute the charge and they took care of it.

If a mistake was made during purchase and customer sevice is unresponsive to fix it then that would be a legitimate reason to dispute in my opinion. The credit card company just wants to know you made a good faith effort to solve the problem before getting them involved.

Thank you!

I said I was going to watch a lot of movies this month but haven’t did it.
My month is about half over and I only watched theee so far. So many excuses Nfl playoffs, snow. Lots of movies I want to see. There’s at least five out I want to see. Got to stop making excuses and start watching.

I signed up both DS and DD for this right before Christmas and DS's girlfriend. Still have not received the cards in the mail. Does it normally take this long?

I signed up both DS and DD for this right before Christmas and DS's girlfriend. Still have not received the cards in the mail. Does it normally take this long?

My son gave DH & me gift subscriptions for Christmas too. I think I downloaded & logged into the app on Dec 27th to confirm my email & make my password. I recieved my card Monday. My DH did not download the app til a day or 2 later, he hasn't gotten his card yet. I expect he'll get it today or tomorrow. I figured they are probably swamped with new gift subscriptions & then New Years Day was in there too. So I was expecting it to take a couple of weeks. It was only about 10 days for me to recieve mine.

My son gave DH & me gift subscriptions for Christmas too. I think I downloaded & logged into the app on Dec 27th to confirm my email & make my password. I recieved my card Monday. My DH did not download the app til a day or 2 later, he hasn't gotten his card yet. I expect he'll get it today or tomorrow. I figured they are probably swamped with new gift subscriptions & then New Years Day was in there too. So I was expecting it to take a couple of weeks. It was only about 10 days for me to recieve mine.

I will have to see if they downloaded and logged into the app. Will make sure they do that - not sure if that matters or not...

I will have to see if they downloaded and logged into the app. Will make sure they do that - not sure if that matters or not...
If it was purchased as a gift subscription the recipient needs to register per the emailed instructions in order for it to initiate Movie Pass sending them the card.

If it was purchased as a gift subscription the recipient needs to register per the emailed instructions in order for it to initiate Movie Pass sending them the card.

Thanks. I am thinking the kids didn't really read through the email and I never saw the email. I will make sure they register...

Still love this and noticed that when i sign up for my favorite theater's reward program i get all kind of
points for free stuff and recently got a free ticket! I used that for a friend that was visiting so I didn't have
to pay for her.

HOWEVER i have tried for the past week to put in a different credit card for payment. It constantly states
"unable to update". Messages from me have been ignored. Great service but this part irritates me.

Bring your id. Asked for my ID at regal. Said it’s a requirement now for those using movie pass. Don’t know if it’s regal or movie pass or local theatre.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter