MoviePass? $9.99/month 1 theater movie a day

I’m not positive but I think you are too late for the yearly plan. I read where movie pass stopped it after a week. I go to regal but I read a lot about amc crying about movie pass.i don’t get it they are getting full price for the movie. People that use movie pass spend 123 percent more on food and drinks. People are going to more movies who have movie pass than they would. I seen counting tonight 24 movies in three months with movie pass at full price. If it wasn’t for movie pass I would of probably seen maybe 6 at a discount rate.

You are right, the $89 annual membership is over. DS told us about it Friday & I checked immediately. It was already over. He had just signed up a few days before & is still waiting for his card. We usually go to the movies 2 or 3 times a month, so even at the $10 a month it would be a savings. I am waiting for a bit to sign up, hoping they will run an annual promotion again.

You are right, the $89 annual membership is over. DS told us about it Friday & I checked immediately. It was already over. He had just signed up a few days before & is still waiting for his card. We usually go to the movies 2 or 3 times a month, so even at the $10 a month it would be a savings. I am waiting for a bit to sign up, hoping they will run an annual promotion again.

You should sign up for the 9.95 a month. If they come out with a annual membership again you can switch it at that time.you keep the same card.

I should have been more proactive with the yearly plan, I just kept thinking I had more time. If they run it again I'll have to be quicker about it.

From what I read, AMC is crying about MoviePass because they were planning to, or considering, a similar type of service but MoviePass came out first. Even then, I don't understand it because they are getting full price for the tickets, plus any concessions. I would not have gone to any movies over the last month without MoviePass, I've been to three or four and will likely go to a fifth before my first month is over. My son, who also would not have gone to any movies in the last month, has seen three or four also.

We don't have a Regal theater near us or I'd go there. My son went to one when he was out of town with friends and he said the customer service was far superior to AMC.

Considering a movie costs more than 9.99 even seeing one movie a month pays for the pass.

Movie pass got my 9.95 the first month, as it took a couple weeks to get my card, and there wasn't anything I wanted to see playing and no time to drive there if there was ( our local mom and pop owned theater is not movie pass, but the 2 amc theaters closest to us- 40 mins and 45 mins different directions, a regal also 45 mins away, and the local owned theater in the town where our vacation property is all take it).
However, I did see 1 movie my 2nd month, and have seen 3 my third month. AMC is still making money off me though because I've either taken my son or my son and husband each time, and neither of them have a movie pass.

Movie pass got my 9.95 the first month, as it took a couple weeks to get my card, and there wasn't anything I wanted to see playing and no time to drive there if there was ( our local mom and pop owned theater is not movie pass, but the 2 amc theaters closest to us- 40 mins and 45 mins different directions, a regal also 45 mins away, and the local owned theater in the town where our vacation property is all take it).
However, I did see 1 movie my 2nd month, and have seen 3 my third month. AMC is still making money off me though because I've either taken my son or my son and husband each time, and neither of them have a movie pass.

you Said amc is still making money off of me. Movie pass paids the theatres full price for the movies you see.

I got mine 8 weeks ago. I have used it many times. So far, $20 on movie pass. 12 movies. @ $1.67 a movie. I still plan to see a couple this December. Only one time it did not work at the kiosk. I went to the ticket counter he pushed a couple buttons and it went through no problem. I still get the regal rewards. Movie pass is awesome. I hope they stay around for a long time.

My dd has movie cash, she is a film student, so she sees a ton of movies. She LOVES it. She will be sad she missed out on that annual pricing though. Works out well for me too, we saw two movies this weekend when she was home, and I only had to buy tickets for myself and not both of us :-)

My dd has movie cash, she is a film student, so she sees a ton of movies. She LOVES it. She will be sad she missed out on that annual pricing though. Works out well for me too, we saw two movies this weekend when she was home, and I only had to buy tickets for myself and not both of us :-)

Why don’t you have movie pass?

Why don’t you have movie pass?
Because when she is at school, I don't always go to multiple movies in a month. And I tend to buy in advance online for dh and I if we go, and we can't do that with movie pass.

Because when she is at school, I don't always go to multiple movies in a month. And I tend to buy in advance online for dh and I if we go, and we can't do that with movie pass.
That’s the one reason I’m hesitating on getting movie pass. My local AMC is reserved seating only which makes it hard to buy at the theater since most movies are playing to full or near full theaters that are sold out a good amount of time before showtime during the times I am able to go to the movies.

If MoviePass came out with a “family plan” that allowed you to buy multiple tickets on the same account, I would be much more inclined to sign up. I haven’t tried it yet because even if my wife and I each had an account, we’d still have to buy tickets for the kids which are ~$12 each around here. And we rarely go to movies on our own. I would pay $30-$40 per month for a plan that allowed me to get up to 2 adult & 2 child tickets each time. There are often movies that the kids want to see but we say no because it costs over $50 to buy 4 tickets.

you Said amc is still making money off of me. Movie pass paids the theatres full price for the movies you see.
Yes, but AMC was pitching a fit when movie pass came out. They're still going to make money because movie pass patrons like myself are likely to take non movie pass customers with them, buy concessions, etc.

For those of you with Moviepass, how quickly does the subscription start? I want to give a gift subscription, but don't want it to start immediately. The FAQs don't cover this. Thanks.

For those of you with Moviepass, how quickly does the subscription start? I want to give a gift subscription, but don't want it to start immediately. The FAQs don't cover this. Thanks.
It took a couple weeks to get my card, and if I remember right they didn't charge me until card shipped.

Looks like no new movies starting this week. Just some limited area movies.
Check other nearby theatres they might have a movie playing that isn’t being shown on your normal movie theatre. Also I seen one movie theatre by me wasn’t playing a movie that has been out a couple of weeks will now start playing that movie.

I ordered one for my daughter and she got hers in two weeks. The next day I ordered one for me and mine took 6 weeks
to get. Two orders a day aparto_O They sent an email apologizing saying they had huge amount of orders.

We LOVE ours. Luckily they work for the upscale theater across the street with the chairs that recline all the way
down and food service. Best money i have spent and plan to get more passes for the rest of the family.
By the way I spent a LOT of money christmas shopping so to not go over budget when i feel like shopping
again...i go see a movie. Husband loves that:D

I got mine 8 weeks ago. I have used it many times. So far, $20 on movie pass. 12 movies. @ $1.67 a movie. I still plan to see a couple this December. Only one time it did not work at the kiosk. I went to the ticket counter he pushed a couple buttons and it went through no problem. I still get the regal rewards. Movie pass is awesome. I hope they stay around for a long time.

So you can buy tickets at the kiosk? So in theory, could I buy 2 of these and take a different friend each time?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts