• Akershus

Votes: 19 5.0%
  • Beaches & Cream

Votes: 25 6.5%
  • Other, because there's always an other...please comment

Votes: 45 11.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I've had a Campari and soda and the man, a vodka martini at Via Napoli; they were fine:dunno:.

What type of pizza did you have? I always opt for a margherita but know they have many pies with lots of toppings.
I honestly don't remember. It was about 3 years ago. Maybe they've learned how to make cocktails since then!

I know this is blasphemy but I have to say Via Napoli. I see so much love for this one on the disboards. When my husband and I went December 2017, it was just ok. Pizza was good but I've had much better elsewhere, and I live in the south, which isn't exactly known for pizza. The calamari was pretty good, but the zeppoli (sp?) was not good at all, IMO. It was also very loud and we had slow service. There's too many good restaurants in EP for us to go back, I think.

We've never had bad food or service at Via Napoli. Sometimes we go more than once during a visit!

VN has always been wildly inconsistent for us. We've had good food and good service, and we've had bad food and bad service. No rhyme or reason. It's the most inconsistent restaurant on property for us, for both food and service. When they're good, they're pretty dang good, and when they're bad, they're very poor.

Oh no, I’m planning our trip in May and have ADR for lunch at BOG and really rethinking it after reading all the reviews. :( Waited too long and slim pickings for ADR.

Oh no, I’m planning our trip in May and have ADR for lunch at BOG and really rethinking it after reading all the reviews. :( Waited too long and slim pickings for ADR.
We actually love BOG for lunch and dinner. I prefer the menu over the typical theme park burger joint for a qs meal. The atmosphere is another big plus for me. I don’t think it is all that much more expensive than say Cosmic Rays, and I think the food options are much better. JMO

We actually love BOG for lunch and dinner. I prefer the menu over the typical theme park burger joint for a qs meal. The atmosphere is another big plus for me. I don’t think it is all that much more expensive than say Cosmic Rays, and I think the food options are much better. JMO
Good to know-we have the DDP so hoping it’s worth it. :)

BOG dinner was super underwhelming. add a 20 minute wait to meet the beast and it's a one and done.

Don't cancel your ADR because of what you read on this topic. These are just opinions and are just that opinion. I have posted this before but its true, there are people on this board whose reviews I respect and read but some of them hate Ohana's which is my families favorite place to go (twice every trip). Are their opinions correct yes and so are mine. You need to form you own opinions of places. I hate Hollywood & Vine but last week while helping a friend do their ADR's I helped her reserve it. Why she wanted to try it.

We had the BOG for lunch, pre ordered our meal. Took forever for us to be seated as well as be served our meal. DD's meal was inedible. We have never been back.

We had the BOG for lunch, pre ordered our meal. Took forever for us to be seated as well as be served our meal. DD's meal was inedible. We have never been back.

It may have taken you forever to be seated because it's a "seat yourself" restaurant at breakfast and lunch.

It may have taken you forever to be seated because it's a "seat yourself" restaurant at breakfast and lunch.

Yes I know, there were no tables available. We had to stand and wait for a family to get done, quickly take the table before someone else scooped it up.

I suspected they over booked our time slot since it took almost a hour from us being seated to get our meal.

For theme park restaurants, definitely BOG.

Outside the parks, it's a tie between Boathouse and Shula's. This is my opinion only, but I shake my head every time I see/hear people rave about both of these places. To me the Boathouse is an overcrowded, overpriced, nautical-themed version of the Cheesecake Factory, without the cheesecakes of course, but the food is on par (i.e. bland and unimaginative). As for Shula's, I find it obscenely overpriced and underwhelming. Definitely my least favorite of the upscale chain steakhouses, and I can't imagine stepping foot in there at WDW when there are so many unique dining experiences available.

i actually like BOG for lunch. To me it's a nice change from other counter service and I like the sandwiches and desserts. It is overpriced, but so is WDW in general.

Definitely 'Ohana. Worst food we had and the server, she was awful. She could have had a bad night so I won't hold that against her but the food, ugh. Everything was so overcooked. Never going there again.
Funny enough, BOG was the best meal and server we had but it seems most here haven't had that luck. I wonder if it matters the time of year and meal you go for. And I'm sure things have changed since I was there 4 years ago. It could be that the food and service has slipped at BOG. Or vice versa for 'Ohana...oh well, at least there are a ton of places to go so if you hate one, you can find one better!

For theme park restaurants, definitely BOG.

Outside the parks, it's a tie between Boathouse and Shula's. This is my opinion only, but I shake my head every time I see/hear people rave about both of these places. To me the Boathouse is an overcrowded, overpriced, nautical-themed version of the Cheesecake Factory, without the cheesecakes of course, but the food is on par (i.e. bland and unimaginative). As for Shula's, I find it obscenely overpriced and underwhelming. Definitely my least favorite of the upscale chain steakhouses, and I can't imagine stepping foot in there at WDW when there are so many unique dining experiences available.
I totally agree on Shula’s. I quit arguing on the boards about the overvalued quality. Living near Chicago Shulas doesn’t even show up on the map as far as quality steak houses (if it’s still open). I think the other options provide a better atmosphere and equal quality.

We are going in February and all I could get was lunch. I have been there for dinner and it was fine, but this thread is making me rethink lunch. Hmmmm.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter