• Akershus

Votes: 19 5.0%
  • Beaches & Cream

Votes: 25 6.5%
  • Other, because there's always an other...please comment

Votes: 45 11.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I found Raglan Road to be overrated. It was so loud in the restaurant when the dancing was going on that I couldn't enjoy my food. It seems to be well liked on this site, but I'm surprised that no one else seems to mention how extreme the noise inside is. I will never go back.
I totally agree. After five WDW trips, RR was the only truly bad meal we had. The food wasn't great, and it was so incredibly noisy we couldn't hear each other talk. Very frustrating!

My fish and chips were very undercooked; there were pockets of "liquid" batter in each piece of fish, plus the fish itself seemed a little raw. I ended up sending it back. Between that and the noisy entertainment, it was a pretty bad meal.

But so many people on this board like RR, I feel like we just hit them on a bad night. I feel like this could happen at any restaurant.

Beaches & Cream for a meal - just a normal fast food place - maybe a little above average - great ambiance IMO though.

Their sundaes and banana splits - scrumptious!!!
Our must do dessert/snack every trip!

wow....this was one of my favorite meals two years ago....we are going back this March...

Cape May is one of our favorites also. We go every visit - sometimes twice in a visit, and have never had a bad meal - the steamed shellfish is delicious!

For all the 'dislikes' for 'Ohana, it sure is hard to get ressies! Must be a lot of people, like us, who really love that place! The last time we went (early Dec.) was the first time we could not get ressies for it - waited too long to plan our trip - already have ADR for April.

Last edited:
Ohana, thought we were lucky to get a dining reservation, but were very disappointed since it was probably the least impressive meal of our last trip. Every meat tastes the same. Bland food and not that great of wait staff. No characters to justify the cost.

Citricos due to arrogant wait staff that would rather cater to large tables buying many bottles of wine for their tips. So ignorant to us! Snubbed us for having the Disney dining plan, never brought us our drinks, delivered cold food , & totally didn't care. We would never return.

There was a time in the early 2000s when dining at WDW was really very nice. It hasn’t been that way for over a decade under Bob Iger whose entire goal seems to be to sell as much bad food as he can at a ridiculously high price to as many people as possible. And people still bite (so to speak). I don’t get it.

Me too! I wish there was a steak as good at WDW.

Mine is BOG. Pretty place but mediocre, overpriced food.

I think Jiko does a great job with their steaks. But overall I agree that they aren’t much better. I’ve had good steaks at Coral Reef but the rest of that experience is uneven. My worst steak ever at WDW was at Le Chefs.

No the food has been outstanding at our CG meal, the service the first time was not good, waiter was really snarky bc we only ordered a couple appetizers, desserts and cocktails..

I’d say this has been my experience. Excellent food (soups, sushi, and steaks) but mediocre service.

For me it’s LeCellier. The first time I went to Le Cellier, we paid about $28.00 for our steaks. We had a good time. After they made it a 2 Dining credit restaurant they doubled the price for the same only decent and crowded experience. I paid more for my steak in June at Le Cellier ($56.00?) than I did at Cali Grill and Jiko on the same trip.
Just couldn’t enjoy the experience.

Chef Mickeys is the worst experience I’ve ever had. The worst sanitation, crazy noisy, crowded, unorganized mayhem. And I got to pay for 9 people. Egad.

This thread makes me glad that we stay at ft wilderness and make most our food. We have a couple favorites we do every time but don't do most the restaurants listed

Nearly 300 votes cast with still a couple of weeks left in the poll. Have you voted yet???

This thread makes me glad that we stay at ft wilderness and make most our food. We have a couple favorites we do every time but don't do most the restaurants listed

We have been eating mostly at the bars and lounges so we don’t have to mess with reservations or feeling like we have to eat a lot.

Favorites are YaknYeti, Jiko, the Wave, HBD, Tambu Lounge, and pool bars. And Geyser Point near Ft Wilderness is great new option.

Last edited:

Yes we have always been offsite and we only pick one WDW TS meal a trip with a few offsite TS and of course CiCi's pizza (its a thing). We also pick breakfast for our WDW meal because its hard to mess up breakfast. Last 2 trips its been Wilderness Canyon Cafe.

We have been eating mostly at the bars and lounges so we don’t have to mess with reservations or feeling like we have to eat a lot.

Favorites are YaknYeti, Jiko, the Wave, HBD, Tambu Lounge, and pool bars. And Geyser Point near Ft Wilderness is great new option.
We also always do the yak n yeti, the hoop de do, and sometimes ohana 4 breakfast but other than a couple quick service meals we avoid the TS restaurants

Easy..O'Hana. For so many years it was a family tradition. Then the wait ran into an hour (just look at the overflowing waiting area), the food became more bland, and about half the tables are very poor locations. Disney has no incentive to improve it, because they fill up the reservations every night it seems.

Boma is now our go-to. Beautiful hotel, real African food, interesting hosts they don't make you wait for your table, brunch price is reasonable for what you get.

Last edited:
guys and girls, you have to remember that this is a resort area and you aren't going to bern's steakhouse where everyone working there has been there for 10+ years and you will get the same amazing meal 99/100 times. At the restaurants being mentioned, the prices are inflated even more than most other disney dining and the staff changes frequently which makes consistency harder to maintain on a night to night basis. It stands out a whole lot more when you spend $60+ per person and have a mediocre meal. Add in that if we are on this site, we have been to these restaurants numerous times over our lifetimes. If you consider all of this, of course there are going to be meals that don't live up to expectations. Sometimes there will be some bad luck and you will go b2b bad experiences at a certain restaurant. the reality is that all of the restaurants being mentioned are among the best disney restaurants and more times then not you will go home satisfied. Yes, you can play it safe and go to one of the QS restaurants and get the same $15 burger and fries that is served all over the resort, where you won't be too upset if you get a cold burger, because it cost much less than a trip to Ohana. I'm not saying these restaurants don't have their flaws, but honestly, this thread reads like a whole bunch of nitpicking for nitpicking's sake.

Chef Mickey's. The food is mediocre and waving your dirty food filled napkin in the air is just disgusting.

There are many restaurants that have people that have worked there for years- Narcoossee's- I've had the same servers multiple times. I agree that every restaurant can have a bad night. Overall the food quality and selection has gone down since early 2000s. LTT is my biggest disappointment, they had the best yeast rolls. I used to love that restaurant for lunch, with the menu changes, I won't go back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!