• Akershus

Votes: 19 5.0%
  • Beaches & Cream

Votes: 25 6.5%
  • Other, because there's always an other...please comment

Votes: 45 11.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Oh my goodness - 1 1/2 hours! I guess I shouldn't complain! I hope at least your meal was fantastic. Mine and my son ordered the chicken - yes, I know, chicken at the steakhouse! - and both our meals were inedible. The cheese plate and pot of pressed coffee saved me, but the $$$$ is ridiculous.
My meal was OK, but not fantastic, and IMHO not worth the price.

I have to say BOG, not because it's bad, but it's not worth the hype.

Also, Le Cellier was very disappointing. It felt like a Texas Roadhouse steak.

Akershus will always be on my hate list. The only good food is the sliced lunch meat buffet they have. CRT isn't the best, but it's better than Akershus.

I also want to put Artist Point on the list. Abysmal food and service.

Ours was Skipper Canten. We expected our waitress to be in character and nothing. Food was fine but really went there for staff experience.

Last edited:
Ours was Chefs de France. DH has spent a lot of time in France (his company's headquarters was there), so he was really looking forward to French food. Unfortunately he was very disappointed.

I voted:
- Le Cellier - we stopped going after it went Signature. A good steak, but I can have that elsewhere. But for top prices so I can sit inches from a stranger after waiting the length of another meal - No thanks.
- Ohana - I keep giving it another try and each time kick myself. It's just too restrictive of a menu for that price, at least one "meat" is always dry, the sides are unimpressive, the waits to sit too long and the service mediocre. I get the decor, but it just feels so dated and run down.
- Other - HOW IN THE WORLD did Chef Mickey get left off? NO redeeming value and I wouldn't go back there if it were free - yet it is so many's must do. And let's add Coral Reef, if you get a table by the glass at least the view makes up for the food, the horrible waits and the loud noisy atmosphere. Since most don't get to sit there we stopped going and wasting our time.

Of those left I had a problem with a few ...
- Be Our Guest is really two in one. Dinner is HIGHLY overrated, just a more expensive loud version of lunch. Breakfast and Lunch are great food options for a Counter but it has priced itself off our list. Love the theme and time put into the decor.
- Whispering Canyon is everything it is supposed to be.
- CRT is not overrated for location, theme, design and service. Food has down hill some and the price is just unacceptable. Our annual meals there have now stopped.
- Akershus has always had a decent menu, good character interaction, nicely themed rooms but for OOP it is pricey so depends on your expectation for value if it is overrated.
- Beaches & Cream - not sure how it can be overrated, it's always busy, it has a good menu with decent prices for Disney and it has ice cream, major points for that. But I've never been .... I have a hard time giving up park time just to eat.

Last edited:
I chose Beaches and Cream because it is apparently a difficult to get ADR. I’m sure it’s fine, but they serve the same Edy’s ice cream as many other places in Disney. You can get unique, house made ice cream at the nearby Ample Hills or L’Artisan des Glaces.

BOG because it is not worth the hype. We had breakfast and lunch here; people were nice, food was typical. Ambience was ok, but nothing out of the ordinary. Never going back.

'Ohana, worst dining experience I have ever had.

Narcoossee's- Incredibly loud restaurant, terrible service, and bad food.

CA Grill- We have given this one multiple tries, and every time I feel like they use a snow blower instead of a salt shaker.

You think you were made ill from their food right there in the restaurant? It seems that diners often don't realize they are coming down with something and blame their illness on the last thing they consumed. It's hard to imagine you ate something that sent you running to the bathroom right then and there! Even if you were sick later, it would take lab test to prove you had food poisoning and the food would have to be tested to pinpoint it as the source.

I once put a bad clam in my mouth and spit it out immediately. I was in the bathroom before the rest of the meal was finished. Felt like I was dying. This happened about 40 years ago, but was such a traumatic experience that I still remember it.

I agree with previous posters that the following should be added to the list of most overrated restaurants: California Grill, Chef Mickey's, Coral Reef, Narcoosee's, Via Napoli.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter