• Akershus

Votes: 19 5.0%
  • Beaches & Cream

Votes: 25 6.5%
  • Other, because there's always an other...please comment

Votes: 45 11.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Oh my goodness - 1 1/2 hours! I guess I shouldn't complain! I hope at least your meal was fantastic. Mine and my son ordered the chicken - yes, I know, chicken at the steakhouse! - and both our meals were inedible. The cheese plate and pot of pressed coffee saved me, but the $$$$ is ridiculous.

Side question: If they are running THAT late can you opt to give up your reservation and go somewhere else without being charged? (since it's their issue you aren't getting in on time?) I would never wait that long for a meal.

Flying Fish is the only restaurant at WDW where I got legitimately bad service. My food was bad too...I ordered a fish dish (that was supposed to be their signature dish) that had the fish wrapped in some sort of dough (philo, maybe?). The dough part was burned. Also, for a starter we got the cheese plate, which was later dumped on the table with no explanation from the server as to what each cheese was. And no card explaining either.

Was this a recent trip? I'm curious whether this was pre- or post-renovation because the staff and menu were changed out at that time as well.

This was about 6 or 7 years ago.

I haven't been since the renovation, but I talked to a CM at the Boardwalk who explained that the entire operation is different now. He is also said that some love the changes to the decor and the menu, while some not so much. I'm going to have to get over there and check it out soon.

Flying Fish is the only restaurant at WDW where I got legitimately bad service. My food was bad too...I ordered a fish dish (that was supposed to be their signature dish) that had the fish wrapped in some sort of dough (philo, maybe?). The dough part was burned. Also, for a starter we got the cheese plate, which was later dumped on the table with no explanation from the server as to what each cheese was. And no card explaining either.
That would have been the potato wrapped snapper..

California Grill for sure. Food was terrible and service was even worse. Our server acted like he was doing us a favor by waiting on us!

No the food has been outstanding at our CG meal, the service the first time was not good, waiter was really snarky bc we only ordered a couple appetizers, desserts and cocktails..

Wow - BOG is leading (?) by a large margin. Wondering if that means people had really high expectations that weren't met, or if its just that BOG is worse than "normal".

Wow - BOG is leading (?) by a large margin. Wondering if that means people had really high expectations that weren't met, or if its just that BOG is worse than "normal".

I am a firm believer in the fact that once a restaurant starts to get all the buzz (some from right on this board - LOL!), people covet ADRs at the restaurant and flood the joint, bringing high expectations with them. Then everyone says the restaurant is over-rated and people stop flocking there. The restaurant can then regroup and maybe get its mojo back!

Which is why most people on here know that we are all just "telling our stories", and they should make up their own minds about whether or not a restaurant is right for them and their families. We go to places that get a bad rap from some folks, but it works for us.

Beaches and Cream.

Don't get me wrong, it doesn't take much twisting of my arm to go... but I look at it this way: when I'm on vacation, I want something unique to that place or city.

Is B&C good? Yeah, we really like the burgers. Is B&C a fun theme? Sure. Can you get it anywhere? Yup...

Especially now, I'd much rather walk over to Ample Hills and get some ice cream or go to Sprinkles and get that delicious Cap'n Crunch ice cream. Can I get both here in NYC? Yeah... but I don't. I can run to the grocery store and buy a pint of Edys, toppings, and A WHOLE CAN OF WHIPPED CREAM any day, though...

OTHER - Coral Reef. Food is horrible. Setting is kinda cool - but only if they seat you by the aquarium windows!

I found Raglan Road to be overrated. It was so loud in the restaurant when the dancing was going on that I couldn't enjoy my food. It seems to be well liked on this site, but I'm surprised that no one else seems to mention how extreme the noise inside is. I will never go back.

I found Raglan Road to be overrated. It was so loud in the restaurant when the dancing was going on that I couldn't enjoy my food. It seems to be well liked on this site, but I'm surprised that no one else seems to mention how extreme the noise inside is. I will never go back.

It certainly is loud, but I like the entertainment.

The food, though, isn't always good. Some stuff is good (bangers and mash, the burger, various fish dishes, the bread pudding) but a lot of it isn't, or doesn't have good sides along with the main dish (shepherd's pie).

The bread service is great.

Can I only pick one?! O'hana, definitely. We've eaten here at least 5 times over the last 10 years and it was barely recognizable as the place we used to enjoy when we ate there just a few weeks ago. Barely any entertainment, rushed, impersonal service and a ton of meat just plopped on plate without asking what I wanted or how much. It was really terrible - no coconut races, no limbo, nada.

Cali Grill - the food just isn't up to par with some of the other signatures on property. Too much rice in the sushi rolls and my scallops were so spicy I could barely eat them. The view barely made up for the lackluster food.

It's ok, though. There are so many underrated gems in WDW, IMHO, so the good tends to make up for the bad, IMHO.
i know it's not the topic of this thread, but would love to know your underrated gems. could you post a few maybe?

I actually really enjoyed BoG breakfast. It was a nice change of pace from all the breakfast buffets.

Trattoria this trip (Bon Voyage) was better, but otherwise I enjoyed BoG more then all the others we did (Akershus, Boma, Tusker House, Crystal Palace, 1900 Park Faire).

Side question: If they are running THAT late can you opt to give up your reservation and go somewhere else without being charged? (since it's their issue you aren't getting in on time?) I would never wait that long for a meal.

I wonder the same thing. After about an hour, I'd be about ready to give up and find the nearest QS place. But would Disney penalize me?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!