Minivan and 7 people plus luggage

I own a Dodge Grand Caravan, much like the ones most car rental companies use in Orlando. In February, we drove from our hometown to Syracuse, N.Y. to fly down to MCO. We had 5 adults and 2 children (ages 3 and 6) with car seats.

We were packed tight, no doubt about it, but this is what we fit in the van...

5 large suitcases, 5 good-sized cary-ons, 1 umbroller type stroller.

In the van, we were definitely packed tight, but we did it for 250 miles each way, so you should be be able to do it from MCO to Disney/Port. (Tell everyone to pack light though.)

Have a good trip.

Thanks so much for your input!:thumbsup2 We are a family of 5, plus the inlaws. We had a Ford minivan years ago, and yes, all of us fit fine (though my kids were smaller). We're only traveling from MCO to hotel, then to port the next morning, so I think this will be fine for us. We really don't mind 'crunching' a little bit (we're already so hyped) and are prepared if someone has to hold a carry-on in his/her lap.
The way we travel even in our extended suburban, our family puts things at our feet or in our laps just because they 'want' something out of it. So I think we can manage an hour going and an hour coming back from the cruise!
I mean, "Hey, for a Disney cruise, I'll suffer through anything!":rotfl:

Thanks again!:goodvibes

I would maybe suggest packing your items in duffle bags rather than hard case luggage. It might make it easier for you to pack it.

Another suggestion is to back bungee cords/rope in a bag to put the luggage up top?

I would maybe suggest packing your items in duffle bags rather than hard case luggage. It might make it easier for you to pack it.

Already on that one! Ds and Dh always prefer rolling duffles and dd uses a really small carry-on. We'll only have 3 midsize luggage to put in the back, so I'm pretty sure we're ok. If not? I'll make the 11dd sit on hers...:rotfl:

Thanks!:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter