Mick Jagger becomes dad again at age 73

His new child is 2 years younger than his great grandchild. That's just not right...

I agree. I think it's a case of just because you can do something doesn't mean you should. This child will surely have a privileged life, however, I hope he is healthy and continues to be. Children of older fathers are at higher risk for a number of genetic disorders and diseases as well as mental illness.

Okay, finally read beyond the Headlines on the Jagger story.
He has a GREAT-grandchild older than this latest child.

A 29 year old with a 73 year old? I'm sure she loves him for his mind.

I think Strom Thurmond's youngest child was born when he was 73. He married the mother when he was 66 and she was 22.

I think Strom Thurmond's youngest child was born when he was 73. He married the mother when he was 66 and she was 22.
Tony Randall was 74 when his FIRST child was born.

Hoo boy! And I felt old when I had a baby (admittedly, #4) at 38. My husband was 50. People thought that was insane (TELL me about it!). But 73? I can't even imagine. I guess if I had a nanny, maybe. But I'm picturing Jagger giving his kid piggyback rides and dancing around the living room like a goofball the way my husband does at 51. Yeah. No.
In any case, best of luck. Babies are a blessing and I sincerely hope this little one is able to know his dad as an adult.

I'm worried that he won't have enough money to support the kid. I mean how many job opportunities are there out there for a 73 year old stick with big lips. More power to him though, it must be nice and our orange glow President elect, must have been telling the truth about celebrity. Who knew?
Just about everyone!

I'm not seeing any big problem here. The worst thing is that Mick may not be around to raise the child. Not sure what he contributed to the raising of his other kids, but you don't hear about them getting into a lot of trouble like some celebrities' kids. And it's possible Mick may live another 20 years, the guy must have the cardiovascular system of a horse.

Yup. From the neck down, he is in great shape! And his father lived to 93!

I saw him last year in concert and believe me, neither of those things are an issue! He hasn't slowed down one bit!

I give him credit for being able to do tours at his age. I know how I feel at 43, and there is no way I could do what he does now.
I'm sure the act of making a baby isn't an issue, its the being a dad to a newborn at 73 that is just so not right.

And I thought MY extended family had some weird stuff: My mother and two of her brothers are older than their aunt, and there's a cousin who was married 3 times before he was 30. The third marriage lasted quite a number of years, but when that ended he went back to live with but not remarry Wife #1. The last I heard he's with Wife #2 again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter